Community Feature: Voice Actor Revealed

Not the worst voice actor, but no Nimoy. My biggest beef is with the god awful quotes.
Nimoy sounded like the soulless Vulcan that he played. Morgan sounds like a thoughtful, reflective man.

And the quotes, nothing will be worse than: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

I would have liked Nimoy more, sure, but this guy is pretty brilliant.

The Electricity quote in his voice gave me chills, yo.

Exactly. There is gravitas to his voice.

Or, more obscurely, as Major General Issac Trimble, a Confederate commander at Gettysburg in the movie...Gettysburg (and again in God and Generals...that godawful abortion).
I loved Gettysburg,wish God and Generals was better,they might have made the third movie if it was.

Also he has an awesome voice and anyone who disagrees is crazy!
I agree,I think it's a great choice.I have always liked Morgan Sheppards voice.A big :thumbsup: IMHO.

Information is pumping out now.A month and a half to go until release.Should be fun.Keep it coming :goodjob:

It would have been cool if it was Patrick Stewart doing the tech quotes in cIV (or V for that matter), but in IV it definitely was Spock himself doing the quotes (until we got new techs in the expansion packs). Listen again, there is no British accent for the tech quotes (which there would be if it were Stewart).

But thanks for making me imaging the techs in Picard's voice! The new guy is fairly good as well.

God I'd love Patrick Stewart to do it in his Yorkshire accent (assuming he still has one).
The are many great actors at small colleges in the UK teaching Shakespeare. If you were more cosmopolitan you would know that.
Shut yer gob ye self-righteous posh sherry-drinking soft Southern....

Trust me, I know practically nothing about Star Trek but I can still agree that Nimoy is a tough act to follow when it comes to narrating tech quotes. I wouldn't even be able to name the fictional character he does in the film/s / tv series :)dunno:). lol come to think of it, the only time I've heard Nimoy speak, apart from in civ4 obviously, is in the Simpsons episode he appeared in.

Man, you know, not knowing who Mr. Spock is, is a serious lack in your education ;).

"only two things come from harbours, galleons and triremes! Build them!"

I think current military advisor's already giving advises like that. :lol:

Man, you know, not knowing who Mr. Spock is, is a serious lack in your education ;).

I don't really have a mind for trivia and I always avoided Star Trek like the plague. But you have jogged my memory of the Spock name, and I think the guy even had pointy ears. :) Was he an elf? :lol: (j/k)

I would of prefered voice act'd advisors to say stuff, even though reading is quicker and less obtrusive.

Top Bottom