Community Forum Skin Project

That's a good point... So here a backgroundless png:

Very nice, but delete "Thunderfall's". We all know who owns this site, and there are many other people who have, and continue, to make contributions that make this place successful.

We should have a vote to choose which mods name goes there instead of thunderfall's :mischief:

We should have a vote to choose which mods name goes there instead of thunderfall's :mischief:

Thunderfall is our equivalent to Sid Meier. Creator, but others mainly "own" the site through their contributions. I say it ought to stay. What has Sid done for Civ lately besides input?

That's a good point... So here a backgroundless png:

Try deleting the V a little better. Use a pencil eraser at pixel level. Also put it on an obnoxious coloured background for this purpose.

This isn't a game which could increase it's sales if it has a certain name attached to it, it is a game communities forum. I also think it kinda does a disservice to the site, this is (to my knowledge at least) the biggest Civilization forum, it the THE Civilizations Fanatic Center, not just one which thunderfall owns.

So remove the Thunderfall? I don't think it matters too much, though the logo in use for the default theme doesn't have his name in it either.

Spoiler :

I like that one for the webpage. The "golded" letters are perfect.

Spoiler :

and I just like that one for its awesomeness! :)

Yeah, the logo you guys provided. I think it to be better than my Gods & Kings type logo. I admit defeat!

What you should try doing next is to make the "Fanatics Center" text use the same font as the "Brave New World" text in the title screen.

Attachments

• BNWBaseFont.png
    BNWBaseFont.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 506
Spoiler :

I like that one for the webpage. The "golded" letters are perfect.
I like this one. The only comment I have otherwise is that it looks like you're announcing civilization, and this is the centre where the fanatics hang out. :crazyeye:

Maybe restore the apostrophe to show the plural possessive? (Fanatics')

What you should try doing next is to make the "Fanatics Center" text use the same font as the "Brave New World" text in the title screen.

had a tiny experience with this one (i hope it's no problem ;)), here's the result:

still based on sukritact's and Leugi's logo, but with bnw-ish font

Attachments

• civfan.png
    civfan.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 471
What font are you using there? Fanatics' looks good but center looks funny.

The drop shadow should probably be less prominent IMHO.

The font is an all caps font I think. He's using the wrong case for some of the letters.

Just a note, the current Civ V (Revised) theme seems to be Right Justified on the iPhone screen, The banner goes all the way across, but the rest of the page is all the way right....anyway it could be centered? without screwing up the PC browser view?

And it has room to scroll horizontally...(and of course I realize this is still in development, just making a friendly note :) )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 286
Just a note, the current Civ V (Revised) theme seems to be Right Justified on the iPhone screen, The banner goes all the way across, but the rest of the page is all the way right....anyway it could be centered? without screwing up the PC browser view?

And it has room to scroll horizontally...(and of course I realize this is still in development, just making a friendly note :) )

I would theorise that the banner is making the page wider than the cells holding the text.

Also right justified? wich direction is wich guys????????????????????

Top Bottom