Community Patch - How To Install

Am I correct to guess that some of the changes implemented in the PickNMix mods are also incorporated into the Community Patch? I just went through picknmix and downloaded all the ones I wanted. For example, some change promotions, but so does the Community Patch. How can I find out which changes are already included?

Edit: wow I've been a member for 4 years but this is my first post. cool.

Edit2: Is the picknmix DLL code included in the Community Patch DLL? Because I gather that you can only have one DLL, and the OP implies that they are compatible, yet they require a DLL... confused.

The PickNMix DLL is included, but you still need to download the 'modules' (such as the promotions one) and enable them independently. This mod is compatible with all of whoward's picknmix mods. None of the mod elements of the picknmix are enabled by default (except for the bugfixes and API stuff) – all others must be enabled manually.
G

Uh, is there a consolidated changelog somewhere?

Also given the use of AI fixes, im guessing this will conflict with anything that touches AI?

Uh, is there a consolidated changelog somewhere?

Also given the use of AI fixes, im guessing this will conflict with anything that touches AI?

Someday there will be a full changelog. For now, the wiki (linked...somewhere) has a list of updates that have been made.

This mod uses a DLL, which you can only have one of. Mods that only mess with Defines are okay.
G

Does anyone have a procedure of how to upgrade the dll to Whowards newest release (v63 as of now)?

My guess:
  1. Overwrite the dll
  2. Overwrite CustomModOptions.xml but remember to add lines concerning CPP from the xml file from CPP to the XML file from the dll release

Is this it?

\Skodkim

Does anyone have a procedure of how to upgrade the dll to Whowards newest release (v63 as of now)?

My guess:
  1. Overwrite the dll
  2. Overwrite CustomModOptions.xml but remember to add lines concerning CPP from the xml file from CPP to the XML file from the dll release

Is this it?

\Skodkim

Whoward's mod does not include the CP/CBP, so this would be a grave error. :)

I'll be back soon enough, and my first two priorities for the mod will be syncing to v63 and fixing the spy bug.
G

Whoward's mod does not include the CP/CBP, so this would be a grave error. :)

I'll be back soon enough, and my first two priorities for the mod will be syncing to v63 and fixing the spy bug.
G

Very grave indeed then :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update - looking very much forward to a new release.

\Skodkim

First of all - hi there. I decided to finally register in order to ask a few questions about CPP.

The PickNMix DLL is included, but you still need to download the 'modules' (such as the promotions one) and enable them independently. This mod is compatible with all of whoward's picknmix mods. None of the mod elements of the picknmix are enabled by default (except for the bugfixes and API stuff) – all others must be enabled manually.
G

By enabling these PickNMix mods do you mean simply clicking on the checkbox in the game mod menu? Or I have to additionally enable support for them in CPP files (just as in case of CSD and CDF)?

By the way, the project itself is amazing.

First of all - hi there. I decided to finally register in order to ask a few questions about CPP.

By enabling these PickNMix mods do you mean simply clicking on the checkbox in the game mod menu? Or I have to additionally enable support for them in CPP files (just as in case of CSD and CDF)?

By the way, the project itself is amazing.

Yeah, you just check them in the mod browser as normal. Also, welcome to the forums!
G

I have downloaded and enabled CPP, CBP, CSD, CDF as well as all of the reccomended mods listed in the first post of the thread including Barathor's "More Pantheons".

While playing, I chose "One with nature" pantheon. Its description said that I would receive +5 faith for every natural wonder tile worked by my empire. But it turned out that I also receive additional +2 culture from wonders which was not included in the pantheon's description.

I turned the game off, removed cache and ModUserDate folders and started a new game, this time disabling "More Pantheons" mod by Belethor. This time pantheon descriptions were completely different and I guess they matched CBP's changes (since f.e. "God of war" pantheon had a new description as well).

Does it mean that "More Pantheons" mod is no longer compatible with CBP or did I do something wrong in the configuration process? Thanks for your reply in advance.

I have downloaded and enabled CPP, CBP, CSD, CDF as well as all of the reccomended mods listed in the first post of the thread including Barathor's "More Pantheons".

While playing, I chose "One with nature" pantheon. Its description said that I would receive +5 faith for every natural wonder tile worked by my empire. But it turned out that I also receive additional +2 culture from wonders which was not included in the pantheon's description.

I turned the game off, removed cache and ModUserDate folders and started a new game, this time disabling "More Pantheons" mod by Belethor. This time pantheon descriptions were completely different and I guess they matched CBP's changes (since f.e. "God of war" pantheon had a new description as well).

Does it mean that "More Pantheons" mod is no longer compatible with CBP or did I do something wrong in the configuration process? Thanks for your reply in advance.

More Pantheons overwrites the changes from CBP's pantheons, so no, they are not compatible.
G

Okay, thanks for your reply. I would suggest changing the first post and removing "More Pantheons" entry in the recommended mods section (leaving just "More Luxuries" mod which is still compatible I guess).

Okay, thanks for your reply. I would suggest changing the first post and removing "More Pantheons" entry in the recommended mods section (leaving just "More Luxuries" mod which is still compatible I guess).

Fixed, thanks. Yes, More Luxuries is still compatible, and, because none of the new pantheons in the CBP are resource-specific, any and all new luxuries can potentially receive pantheon bonuses, so More Pantheons is unneeded.
G

I just tried to download and play this for the first time.

Played several starts. Had 2 CTD's within the first 50 turns on one and about 4 turns on the other.
Playing on Continents Plus. several different leaders. Deleted the cache and Mud folders before the game. Have no extra unused mods in mod folder. Using the 63.4.1 version.

I just tried to download and play this for the first time.

Played several starts. Had 2 CTD's within the first 50 turns on one and about 4 turns on the other.
Playing on Continents Plus. several different leaders. Deleted the cache and Mud folders before the game. Have no extra unused mods in mod folder. Using the 63.4.1 version.

I'll take a look. I notice January 1985 in your save – I assume this is an advanced start?
G

Crap... Sorry...
That is probably the wrong one.
I will try again and see what happens. Clear the save folder.

I just realized I never unzipped CSD and Diplo Features. Will try again.

I think this needs to be removed from the list of mods since it's now included in the DLL:

Whoward's 'Smart' AI Mod Enabler

Hi again. I would like to report yet another incompatibility of Community Balance Patch with one of the mods belonging to the "reccomended mods" list. This time it's one of the Pick'n'Mix mods - the one which makes cities work more tiles.

This mods seems to overwrite some of the CBP changes, at least when it comes to Ghandi's unique ability. Namely it adds "cities work one more tile" ability next to the usual vanilla happiness-related UA. So instead of having less penalties from poverty (from CBP), he has his original vanilla UA + can work one more tile by his cities, which obviously doesn't fit the new happiness system at all.

I think it would be the best to just remove this mod from the list, it doesn't seem essential anyway.

Top Bottom