Community Patch - How To Install

I seem to have the issue where the Civilizations do not seem to have their on unique traits. I played one game before trying to update and Rome had a Hammer Icon and a Town Hall Icon and now does not seem to have the traits and neither do any of the other civs. I have tried installing this mod over and over, yet I have come to a stand still. Everything else, including EUI, works with it.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Perhaps you could explain with a screenshot?

I've had the same. That was probably caused by obsolete version of EUI. I think that automatic installer does not install EUI (at least for me). If you still have this problem, remove your current version of EUI and use automatic installer. Then check if you have EUI - if not, then install it manually.

It's probably that people tend to alter their Steam installation path so often, which in turn leads to a different installation path for the EUI. The autoinstaller is whacky because it's unable to detect the true path and uses the default one instead. I'm that case, the installer essentially creates a fake Steam folder on your C drive.

I'm experiencing a seemingly minor bug since the new patch. Natural Wonders no longer show their large icons on either view of the map. Everything seems to be working normally with them other than the missing large icons. For instance, details are provided upon mouse-over, they provide resources, etc.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Perhaps you could explain with a screenshot?

The Rome game is one I completed before I tried updating the game. At the very top of the saved list is a game after I updated. The Unique abilities no longer appear in the Civ Selection screen and their abilities no longer exist.

Hi!

I have a question about this project. I installed with automatic installer with EUI and installed everything in the right folders. I checked. Everything seems to be installed properly and working, but i do not have any resources on my map when i play. Everything else seems to be working, but i dont have any resources. When i research tech which should reveal a resource then these resources appear only in the territory of my capital city (same for other civs). But all other territory on the map is still empty. Nothing appears. Only in the capital. Is this as it shoult be and why? Maybe someone could explain a little or help it would be appreciated. If i start the game without these mods then everything is back in order.

One more thing. There isnt any ancient ruins either. None. 0 ruins. And i havent ticked option in advanced setup "No ancient ruins". Its off and still no ruins.

Spoiler :

The Rome game is one I completed before I tried updating the game. At the very top of the saved list is a game after I updated. The Unique abilities no longer appear in the Civ Selection screen and their abilities no longer exist.

You mean there is no text? I still don't really know what might be happening (your screen doesn't illustrate the civ selection screen) and, to be honest, I've never seen those hammer and other icons in the save names.

I think your problem is associated with installation, though. Did you delete the old mod folders and UI_bc1 folder (for EUI) before you installed the new version? Did you clear cache afterwards?

Hi!

I have a question about this project. I installed with automatic installer with EUI and installed everything in the right folders. I checked. Everything seems to be installed properly and working, but i do not have any resources on my map when i play. Everything else seems to be working, but i dont have any resources. When i research tech which should reveal a resource then these resources appear only in the territory of my capital city (same for other civs). But all other territory on the map is still empty. Nothing appears. Only in the capital. Is this as it shoult be and why? Maybe someone could explain a little or help it would be appreciated. If i start the game without these mods then everything is back in order.

One more thing. There isnt any ancient ruins either. None. 0 ruins. And i havent ticked option in advanced setup "No ancient ruins". Its off and still no ruins.

Is your civ up to date? Should end with .279 (I think).

It's probably that people tend to alter their Steam installation path so often, which in turn leads to a different installation path for the EUI. The autoinstaller is whacky because it's unable to detect the true path and uses the default one instead. I'm that case, the installer essentially creates a fake Steam folder on your C drive.
Oh, thank you, good man! That was exactly the problem in my case.

Is there a way to uninstall the mod? I have an issue where I highlight buildings and it does not show what they do, instead it just shows a EUI folder director that something is missing. Tried clearing the cache in the documents folder and nothing worked. How do I remove this Patch?

Is there a way to uninstall the mod? I have an issue where I highlight buildings and it does not show what they do, instead it just shows a EUI folder director that something is missing. Tried clearing the cache in the documents folder and nothing worked. How do I remove this Patch?

You're just experiencing a common installation problem with EUI. Find out where your Steam is installed and then go to the directory: \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC. Place UI_bc1 folder there and your problem should be fixed.

I'd recommend trying to fix the problem before abandoning hope - it's a common one, but easy to fix :)

I used the non-EUI installer at the top of this thread, with a *freshly installed* copy of Civ, after deleting all files from a previous install. I have all DLC except the map packs, and enabled the CP and CBP mods (not CSD). However, in the two games I started, I encountered some strange things that appear possible bugs:

• When meeting city states, the popup mentions some amount of Faith, but this is not actually added to the Faith total.
  • When selecting ranged attack, incorrect possible targets (red border) show up. It is possible to attack tiles without the red border.
  • After barbarians capture a city-state, I keep getting dialogs about status changes for this city-state (e.g. influence decayed).
  • Most annoyingly for gameplay, the only way I have been able to see the causes of local unhappiness is using the caravan "establish trade route" dialog.

There are others but I'll refrain from mentioning them as I'm probably missing something obvious -- any suggestions on how to fix the above would be great!

(PS: using non-EUI because the EUI version made the game unplayable for me: non-capital cities don't show their name overlay on the map, etc..)

I used the non-EUI installer at the top of this thread, with a *freshly installed* copy of Civ, after deleting all files from a previous install. I have all DLC except the map packs, and enabled the CP and CBP mods (not CSD). However, in the two games I started, I encountered some strange things that appear possible bugs:

• When meeting city states, the popup mentions some amount of Faith, but this is not actually added to the Faith total.
  • When selecting ranged attack, incorrect possible targets (red border) show up. It is possible to attack tiles without the red border.
  • After barbarians capture a city-state, I keep getting dialogs about status changes for this city-state (e.g. influence decayed).
  • Most annoyingly for gameplay, the only way I have been able to see the causes of local unhappiness is using the caravan "establish trade route" dialog.

There are others but I'll refrain from mentioning them as I'm probably missing something obvious -- any suggestions on how to fix the above would be great!

(PS: using non-EUI because the EUI version made the game unplayable for me: non-capital cities don't show their name overlay on the map, etc..)

To get the modpack to work properly, you'll need to enable all the mods that came with it, including CSD and C4DF. If you don't like some CSD's features, I believe most of them can be toggled off in the Options.sql file in the CSD folder. I believe ways of making just CP+CBP work have been discussed before, but they're arcane and I'm not an expert on that.

Your EUI problem could be related to those that users have been experiencing in this thread above - have you checked the UI_bc1 folder's location (see my previous post in this thread)? Also, clear your moduserdata folder - if you'd been using a different version of EUI before, not clearing it could cause problems.

Hey G and the rest of the CPP team, long time since I visited here and I have to say: I'm really impressed, great job. Any chance an old hack might come back and help out a bit?

Couple of things I noticed with the installation.
I firstly grabbed the EUI specific version and let the installer do its thing and immediately there was an issue for my system. I have Steam, and therefore all Steam games, installed on the D: drive. The installer shows the relative path to the Steam library but not the drive letter so for me EUI was not installed at all although the installer gives no feedback of the error.
So since its been a while since I dabbled with modding CivV I just grabbed the Non-EUI version and tried that. As with the previous version the UI was vanilla but the "Culture Overview" button on the topbar was unresponsive and when I could get it to display the "Your Culture" tab only shows 1 city and hitting the "Name" header just cycled them, thus rendering GW management inoperable. Incidentally even with more than 2 cities it only cycles with two of them.

Next I tried the manual install along with the EUI option and everything just works! Bravo, looks amazing and plays like a treat.

I noted a couple of other odd things with the installer versions, but since I'm now testing with a manual install I'll do a run through later and see if it is just with that.

Again let me say this project has matured into a very good-looking/playing mod and you all should feel very proud of yourselves.

Hoping to be around a bit more now, so all the best and stay safe over the holiday season.

Hi Guys, hope all is well. Thanks for this brilliant patch!

I installed the community patch, CBP, Civ4Diplo, CSD ,More Luxuries, EUI and the CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) from the first page plus "Fortress Borders" which appears to be compatible according the compatibility thread. To my surprise, it's not working. I can't build forts outside my territory.

So I did the usual troubleshooting and I disabled CBP, it worked. Enabled it, didn't work. Disabled it and it worked like a charm.

It seems that CBP overrides Fortress Borders :( Please tell me how to fix this-- if it's as simple as modifying something/values. Just let me know where the file is and what needs to be change.

Apologies for my English, Happy Holidays!

Hi guys,

the mod doesn't seem to work for me sadly, installed the full package and folowed instructions on the installer (i had a fresh steam downloaded install of civ 5 with all it's DLC's). did a clear cache and nothing seems to be happening.

The User Interface mod works i guess as the interface looks different :p
the tech tree has the same layout, only difference is when i hover over a building the folowing text apperas: assets/DLC/UI_bc1/core/EUI_tooltips.lua:908: attempt to call method "getbuildinginvestment" (a nil value).

looking forward to seeing this mod work

Hi Guys, hope all is well. Thanks for this brilliant patch!

I installed the community patch, CBP, Civ4Diplo, CSD ,More Luxuries, EUI and the CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) from the first page plus "Fortress Borders" which appears to be compatible according the compatibility thread. To my surprise, it's not working. I can't build forts outside my territory.

So I did the usual troubleshooting and I disabled CBP, it worked. Enabled it, didn't work. Disabled it and it worked like a charm.

It seems that CBP overrides Fortress Borders :( Please tell me how to fix this-- if it's as simple as modifying something/values. Just let me know where the file is and what needs to be change.

Apologies for my English, Happy Holidays!

Try posting in the mod compatibility thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542679). Your post here will just get buried under bug reports.

Hi guys,

the mod doesn't seem to work for me sadly, installed the full package and folowed instructions on the installer (i had a fresh steam downloaded install of civ 5 with all it's DLC's). did a clear cache and nothing seems to be happening.

The User Interface mod works i guess as the interface looks different :p
the tech tree has the same layout, only difference is when i hover over a building the folowing text apperas: assets/DLC/UI_bc1/core/EUI_tooltips.lua:908: attempt to call method "getbuildinginvestment" (a nil value).

looking forward to seeing this mod work

Make sure you're pressing 'Single Player' instead of 'Back' after enabling mods in the menu.

I've heard you can play Civ V on a Surface Pro. Will this mod work too? Are there any special installation instruction?

Just like the work boats not being able to improve resources, I've found that catapults cannot perform ranged attacks (see attachment) - it can move and set-up, but no ranged attack option.. Please help, I'm under attack! :D

Attachments

• cantfirecatapults.jpg
    cantfirecatapults.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 97
Just like the work boats not being able to improve resources, I've found that catapults cannot perform ranged attacks (see attachment) - it can move and set-up, but no ranged attack option.. Please help, I'm under attack! :D

The catapult is stacked with another unit.

Top Bottom