Community Patch - How To Install

So, interesting dilemma.
Installed the newest version ( non beta) using the auto-installer. Selected the 43 civ Vox w/EUI version, and everything appeared to install ok.
Booted up Civ, went to mods, and then saw that CBP (1) wasn't in the mods selection screen.
Backed out of Civ, checked my mods folder, and it's showing that CBP (1) is in my mods folder.

I've cleared my cache, and then re-installed VP using the auto-installer, and the same thing happens again. I'm not subscribed to anything on Steam, so I don't think that's an issue. Kind of puzzled as to what the issue may be, and would greatly appreciate any insight or problem solving regarding this.
Drak.
Strange. Have you tried moving all non-VP mods out of the MODs folder? Did you delete ModUserData (same level as the cache folder)? Also, try the non-43 version.

I'll give it another go after I've had coffee and woken up :D

Ok, looks like it was the mod user data that was causing the issue. Appreciate the help, thank you kindly .

Indeed. At my age, coffee is an essential life function, not to mention a public safety announcement :mischief:

A question and observation if I may ( or point this Old Geezer to the relevant thread :O);

1) Question; Has the AI's GPT vs Human Lux's been changed? Or do they scale with era? I've noticed that the AI's offer vs my Lux's has been a flat 2/GPT, no matter what the Lux. According to the diplo, they consider this off as acceptable ( shocker on that , lol). Conversely, the AI will offer anywhere between 10-15 GPT for a Strat resource. I'm a little puzzled about the new trade update.

2) Observation; I'm honestly a bit impressed with the update. I'm a Diety player, and the AI is actually giving me a bit of a run for my money. So kudo's on that.
a) Ai 2nd and above city placement is a bit more insightful than before, and it's ( they) are closer to the Cap than the previous "across the continent".
b) Diplo is definitely a lot better. I'm not getting automatically denounced if my border pops near an AI border.
c) EUI; Definitely enjoying this version much more than the previous that I had. My hat's off to your folks coder for that.
d) Assorted other nifty goodies that I haven't fully investigated yet ( still in the classical era), but the "ooh/ahh" factor is definitely there, so Yay!

Anyways, apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but I haven't really posted anything about Civ 5 in a long time, so a bit rusty on where all the relevant threads are.

Drak.

Indeed. At my age, coffee is an essential life function, not to mention a public safety announcement :mischief:

A question and observation if I may ( or point this Old Geezer to the relevant thread :O);

1) Question; Has the AI's GPT vs Human Lux's been changed? Or do they scale with era? I've noticed that the AI's offer vs my Lux's has been a flat 2/GPT, no matter what the Lux. According to the diplo, they consider this off as acceptable ( shocker on that , lol). Conversely, the AI will offer anywhere between 10-15 GPT for a Strat resource. I'm a little puzzled about the new trade update.

2) Observation; I'm honestly a bit impressed with the update. I'm a Diety player, and the AI is actually giving me a bit of a run for my money. So kudo's on that.
a) Ai 2nd and above city placement is a bit more insightful than before, and it's ( they) are closer to the Cap than the previous "across the continent".
b) Diplo is definitely a lot better. I'm not getting automatically denounced if my border pops near an AI border.
c) EUI; Definitely enjoying this version much more than the previous that I had. My hat's off to your folks coder for that.
d) Assorted other nifty goodies that I haven't fully investigated yet ( still in the classical era), but the "ooh/ahh" factor is definitely there, so Yay!

Anyways, apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but I haven't really posted anything about Civ 5 in a long time, so a bit rusty on where all the relevant threads are.

Drak.
Glad you made it work! I suggest posting the question in the Quick Questions and Answers thread and the observations in the latest version thread. Regular folks usually do not venture to the muddy waters of the install thread.

Does EUI work with only community patch and overhaul? What's a good compatible mod that adds more resources? https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/wip-hnr-lite-for-cbp-beta-testers-wanted.541960/ In the mod compatibility thread there was this mod but it appears to be dead. I already know about more luxuries but it doesn't work unless I also play with the CSD and C4DF which I dont want to use
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/even-more-resources-for-vox-populi.28019/

Hey there,

First off I love the idea of this mod and adding new depth to Civ 5. I installed the mod packs without issue, but when I loaded the game up, I received several pop up errors saying the game couldn't load textures. Once I got past the load screen and into the game itself, I was unable to click the menu tabs in the upper right, there were no icons or yields on my units or the map, and the unit menu then pops up in the lower left when a unit is selected wasn't showing as well either. If need be (and allowed) I can post a screen shot, but having this mod on makes the game literally unplayable for me sadly.

Anyone have any idea what's up? Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

First off I love the idea of this mod and adding new depth to Civ 5. I installed the mod packs without issue, but when I loaded the game up, I received several pop up errors saying the game couldn't load textures. Once I got past the load screen and into the game itself, I was unable to click the menu tabs in the upper right, there were no icons or yields on my units or the map, and the unit menu then pops up in the lower left when a unit is selected wasn't showing as well either. If need be (and allowed) I can post a screen shot, but having this mod on makes the game literally unplayable for me sadly.

Anyone have any idea what's up? Thanks in advance!
This is typically happening when EUI lands in a wrong location. Is your Civ5 installed in a non-standard location (such as other drive than C)? Or have you moved it?

Run a search for UI_bc1 (EUI's folder) on your drive C. Then move it to where your Civ5 is installed (not MODs folder, but the game). The folder structure will mimic the default/wrong one.

You have to this only once. When you update VP to a newer version, it will install EUI in the wrong location again, but the game will then pick the correct one from the old version. (If there's an update to EUI though, you should go through this process again)

So I did as you instructed and moved the folders/files to the folder that my Civ game is in on my other hard drive. I put it in both a "MODS" folder and just out in the open and neither time the game even recognized it existed. Sorry for all this I'm rather tech inept

Moved the UI_bc1 folder to the Steam folder on my D drive where Civ 5 is and again got nothing but the error messages when the game loaded up.

hi all. Not sure if it is the right place to report it or get help, but I experience crashes which first were occasional, like once in 1-2h, but at some point in the game became really often. Finally i can not finish my turn.
I play VP with EUI, first did the auto install, then while troubleshtotting did the manual install too.
I was using all the mods which got auto - downloaded when i had VP except the map packs which prevented me anyway from starting a custom game. Again, while troubleshooting i removed the mods - first the ones which did not impact the save game (e.g. i heard RED is suspect to leading to memory issue in Civ5), then all except core VP mods. All with no improvement. Save is attached in case anyone can have a look what is going on. In this save I couldnt finish all the moves with my military units advancing Morocco without a crash.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Catherine_0268 AD-1790.7z
    991.5 KB · Views: 35
The save game really does not help. You need logs.

Ok, i found the instructions for bug reports, will report it there, thanks

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    9.6 KB · Views: 41
  • upload_2021-4-16_14-51-12.png
    upload_2021-4-16_14-51-12.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
i submitted a bug reoprt but it was rejected. Apparently the version posted in this thread is an old one (5m old) and bugs are not acted upon. The issue should be fixed in the latest beta but it seems people report immediate CTDs on that version too. Any advice what stable version to play?

Has anyone been able to play CBP on Linux? It's built with DLLs, so it won't work in the native client. I've tried Proton and PlayonLinux, as well as just running wine on steam.exe directly. Proton 5.2 and 6.1 open the game library and civ 5, and the launch screen where you can select directx version, but doesn't launch the game (let alone the mod). PlayonLinux and regular wine open Steam client but only with empty windows for game library and store. I know it is connecting because it displays my friend activity and even multiplayer servers, but it's not possible to open a game without the library. I'm on Linux Mint 20 and an Asus Vivobook, happy to supply further details if they might help, but more to the point I'm just wondering if it's possible to play this mod on linux at all. Has anyone succeeded?

I installed Windows inside Linux Mint using Virtualbox and was able to install Civ 5 and CBP normally. The game started up, but I found the performance extremely poor. This could have to do with my virtualbox implementation, so I'm just mentioning here that this is a possible workaround for Linux, but that I also didn't get a playable outcome yet.

Top Bottom