Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

I tried the 10/29 version in multiplayer with a friend of mine. Astonishingly, it seems to work flawlessly unless you transition turns while in the tech tree, or reloading from a save. Basically, after the first desync there was no coming back.

Interestingly, when trying to start the third game we ended up having alternating CTD before turn 0. Not sure how I can provide information to find out the cause of that.

Were these autosaves by chance?
I once noticed that loading a MP-game with CP using an autosave always crashed, while manual saves worked fine.

As for the other crashes, have you restarted your Civ5 before trying to start a new game? You can read post #62 in this thread for more information about this.

Indeed continue from autosave often leads to losing game using any modpack compared to manual saves

I once noticed that loading a MP-game with CP using an autosave always crashed, while manual saves worked fine.

As for the other crashes, have you restarted your Civ5 before trying to start a new game? You can read post #62 in this thread for more information about this.

Auto saves are risky, yep.

I'm having an issue with resyncs with one other player in multiplayer.
Every time we end a turn, the game goes to the loading screen that shows the civ leader. It begins happening around turn 10-15 and may be triggered when combat begins. Any ideas?

Thanks; love what you guys have going on here.

Interesting, I'll have to test that. Indeed we tried to reload from autosaves iirc, and it subsequently failed.

With regards to the map generation CTD, I'll have to try that as well; the two of us crashed alternatingly (him, me, him, me) so I didn't think it could be any residual cache errors or anything like that.

Which logs are useful in working out loading bugs? I've got a number of saves which won't load at all. I've switched logging on, but theres 15 files to look through.

Some games ctd when the loading screen is up...others flash the map then CTD...others still work fine. Fortunately these are mostly the hotseat ones and my brothers games.

I plan to post a few on github once I have done all the detective work I can...unless this is something resolved by others already :)

Which logs are useful in working out loading bugs? I've got a number of saves which won't load at all. I've switched logging on, but theres 15 files to look through.

Some games ctd when the loading screen is up...others flash the map then CTD...others still work fine. Fortunately these are mostly the hotseat ones and my brothers games.

I plan to post a few on github once I have done all the detective work I can...unless this is something resolved by others already :)

Database.log is useful, as is lua.log.

G

The game goes to desktop when you are going to the Main menu from a game.

Hey. I am playing with my friend online (the last October version) and we also experience this constant revisiting the loading screen after a couple of turns. Interestingly it doesn't happen when we play on the same team. Maybe this can help finding out what the cause is.

Hey. I am playing with my friend online (the last October version) and we also experience this constant revisiting the loading screen after a couple of turns. Interestingly it doesn't happen when we play on the same team. Maybe this can help finding out what the cause is.

Basically the same thing that's happening to me when trying to play with my friend. It's frustrating because the mods are so good that it's hard to enjoy vanilla anymore, so we just haven't been able to play haha. Would love to find a solution to these resyncs.

Hi, using this mod, everytime I click the 'Exit to Main Menu' button, it exits to the desktop, not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. I am playing on the EUI version

Hi, using this mod, everytime I click the 'Exit to Main Menu' button, it exits to the desktop, not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. I am playing on the EUI version

Hm, that's strange! I will upload the updated version (11/13) of the modpacks soonish, which will solve this (I hope). :)

also there isn't a load game option in the in-game menu, which can make things a hassle

That's by design, the CP removes the Load-feature, but it was re-enabled in version 11/13, so you will see it in the next version!

Btw: There are still CTD-issues with the 11/13 version, so I will wait for Gazebo's fix before updating the modpacks. Until then, playing with one of the previous versions is recommended.

Hey guys, I would like to know if there is a way to add info addict manually to the mod pack, without having to generate the pack with MPMPM-tool. Me and my friend would like to play with community patch project, EUI and info addict.

Thanks

Top Bottom