Congrats, you're a half-billionaire!

Wow! Just, wow!

Hey man, you never know! Gotta be prepared. :(

Hey, step four; buy some Legos, could conceivably consume the lot.

When I was a kid I wanted to create a glorious Lego Empire, one that took the space of an entire house or more. You can't just spend a mere few hundred dollars to get that sort of thing going.

*relevance bump*

OP said:
After taxes are taken out, you set up all your children and grandchildren with college funds, buy the mansion/yacht/whatever, spread a few million around among your friends, and generally set yourself up for a life of luxury as you wish.

You've still got over three hundred million left over, though. What do you do with it?

Same as before, but I'd also create a ratcheting prize for the genetic engineering of a long-lived octopus, so as to create an entirely new pet.

I would buy at least one video game.

As in a custom made for me AAA scale game of a type and genre that typically wouldn't get funded in todays market. Of course when it makes huge profits and I single-handedly revolutionize the games-industry that would be a bonus as well. :D

First of all, I don't like the part about giving any of it to anyone else.

Id just pay back however much I've received up to now in benefits on top of my taxes, and when I die it would all go to some random charity.

I'd move to a different country

Then just for fun, I'll have my corrupt cronies pass pointless laws which do nothing.

Oh, this is just silly. They're already doing that. How would you know if they're really in your pocket?

Force them to pass laws which truly have a positive effect of people's lives. Then you'll know they're dancing to your tune. :dance:

=========================================

BTW: The Playboy Mansion is about to go on sale, with an asking price of $200,000,000. It is expected to sell for $80-90 million.

Some ideas:
Bankroll my quest for mechanical immortality at the required stages, from fundamental research all the way to implementation.

Supplant my dream of winning a Nobel by being the Nobel. Use it to fund what is essentially a bigger and better Nobel prize that recognizes collaborations. Also, it'll have my name on it.

Order $10,000 be distributed to as many of the poorest Canadians as possible.

Get loaded up with the heaviest military hardware I can buy.

I am totally afraid to do anything with my current money. I realy hate any spending. Paying travel or new home without need would be probably painful to me even with millions on account. I would invest some money to relatively safe things like properties or gold ingots but I would have no idea how to spend them.

I'd buy a tank and fight Godwynn on the streets of Miami.

I don't trust myself with that much money so I'll donate most of it, only keeping just enough to set myself up fairly comfortably in the middle class.

You have got to be kidding me. I would buy a custom made limo (with all sorts of badass security such as it electrocutes you if you touch it) that stretches a football field length long with the exterior covered in gold and a diamond cut engraved carving at the back which says "f the poor"

I see there was no winner, so the prize next Wednesday will certainly be over one billion dollars, which I think is the richest lottery ever.

I think it already was, but next week it surely will be. Projected at 1.3 billion, which is close to three quarters of a billion after taxes.

Thinking nuclear power plant. Germany has, apparently, literal tons of plutonium sitting around, I figure I could make money coming and going by reprocessing the waste then using the fissionables as fuel.

How many billion do you want to loose. Look at the UK THORP plant.

Top Bottom