1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

cool3a2s optimized hungarian leaderheads

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by cool3a2, Aug 4, 2009.

1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That "skull elongation" looks a bit strange, reminds me on the "coneheads".
    Else the LH looks very nice :goodjob:.

Strange sidenote to Almos: When i skimmed over the thumbnail, i first somehow saw an orthodox jew :D. The head armor to the right and the sword to the left made together with the hat a strange first impression, looked like these orthodox hats with curls.

@copyright: It's a legal platform, they cooperate with the IP holders, so every possible copyright violation is their problem, and not ours ;).
    (would be different if it wasn't a legal platform; as note, i'm to 100% not a lawyer, this shouldn't be taken as serious advice, but so it's like we handle it here...i think).

2. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

That is good news since this is the effect I wanted to create. Imagine the Romans reactions when meeting with the Huns.

:D I don't think this will be a problem when used with civ4 as you'll see him with higher resolution there. Still, I was thinking about replacing the sword with a bow. The bow Ruga uses actually. Besides of that, I might try to copy parts of Zaras original textures in to replace the armor at the arms. Of course, I would alter colouring.

More good news! Glad to see you aren't strict about that matter. Especially since it is somewhat obvious that I didn't want to share illegal copies, but rather made some advertisement for the movie. There are sometimes really strange things happening related to this matter these days.

3. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Uploaded Rákóczi, see post 1. BTW: My mod has entered beta phase. I will add some sounds and put together some texts plus do some testing and then will upload a stable version finally.

4. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Great work on Rákóczi! :D Btw, Báthory wasn't made by me, it was Igor_S's work as Casimir III, I just reskinned him, to fit my Civ4Col mod!

And also, I ended making leaderheads by request. But If you need Hungarian leaders, I didn't uninstall Blender yet. ;) I'm still here, but I, well, rested a bit and modded Total War games.

Civ 5 graphical modding is impossible to me, I wait a few months until I start real LH making for it. In the meantime, I can help you cool3a2 with Civ4 leaderhead creating, but I tell you, I don't know how to optimize them! Next time I make a leaderhead, can you help me optimize it?

The real problem is, I have no more ideas. I already created every LH i could. Now, there are no leaderhead I could make as I only want to make real, historical people, as I'm bored at the fictionals I made.

Anyway, sorry for being off topic. :)

5. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Okay, then I will add credits for Igor_S to Báthory this afternoon.

I don't have a clue what hungarian leader we could need... Most of these hungarian leaders will be deactivated in my mod by default anyways, so one would need to edit the xmls to activate them. I will provide xml for them, so that activating them won't be hard, but they can be regarded as inofficial part. The official leaders will be those 6 that have been there in previous versions already: Árpád, Corvinus, Szent István, Széchenyi, Kossuth and Nagy. So I don't think it's worth to invest time in a new leader. I remember there was a request for a hungarian leader for an Austro-Hungarian civ though, which should have been Tisza or Andrássy according to the requester. Yet I don't think that those were that important if we consider the whole lifespan of Hungary (compared to Corvinus etc). And there is Széchenyi who wasn't an austro-hungarian politician actually, but whom had been fine with Hungary autonomous status, I guess. His political views would fit for Austria-Hungary, so I don't think´another hungarian leader would be necessary.

Sure!

No prob. I tend to let the users have some space for offtopic anyways.

6. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Áá. Már megint a monarchia. Már így is írtam egy kis "hozzászólást" annak aki ajánlotta hogy csináljanak egy monarchia DLC-t. Ez az egyik legszégyenletesebb része a magyar történelemnek. Amúgy, szerintem ne legyen Széchenyi a monarchia vezetője, hisz ő a kiegyezés előtt 7 évvel meghalt.

Tudom hogy nem szereted ha magyarul írok, mert azt mások nem értik, de ezt most úgyis neked mondom nem másnak, meg így könnyebb kifejezni. (Most őszintén: miért beszéljünk idegen nyelven, ha anyanyelvünkön is meg tehetjük?:groucho:)

Now, back to topic, and sorry for not speak english.

7. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I see your point and respect it. I wouldn't have needed an Andrássy or Tisza leaderhead for my own purposes anyways, so that's fine.

8. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Well, If I would make Andrássy or Tisza, they definately be hungarians, instead of austr-hungarians. For the the Monarchy, I would use Franz Joseph I, and it has been already done (in a pretty good way by Ekmek)

9. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Alright, after having a talk to nitram, I recognized that his István Báthory was meant to be this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_B%C3%A1thory. This was my very first guess when I started to work a little on nitrams leaderheads and already started to alter his Báthory to make it come closer to the leader it should represent. Since nitrams Báthory was part of a colonization mod, I then started thinking the Báthory LH was meant to be this one or this one and deleted my changes. Now, as it is clear which Báthory was meant to be the base, I redid everything. I know what you all think ("oh these bloody hungarian leaderheads..."), but the good news is, that this one could be used as leader of Poland, too. At least, in case of a scenario.
    I guess I will change the background and add an inverted version of the cape to close a small gap. Besides of this, I don't plan anymore changes. Feel free to make suggestions!

EDIT: Just to make things clear: yes, I reused the beard from IgorS' Casimir and from ekmeks Atatürk as well as the feather I already used for Rákóczi.

I have prepared civilopedia texts for Lajos and Báthory making my collection if texts complete (including english and german texts, I'm just waiting for hungarian versions) - I will provide them in my Hungary mods thread soon. Lajos' english text is my own translation from german, but I think it's not that good. Feel free to correct.

10. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Looks interesting :goodjob:.

After that one Bathory is done, when can we expect the other 7 ones :mischief:?

:D

11. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

:)
    No, I think that the alternative version of Álmos and the third hunnic leader will be the last LHs I'll work on. Besides of minor glitch fixing if necessary. Although there are a several István Báthorys - we could make an LH for any of them :D

12. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Whoa! You've redone IgorS' leaderhead! :D

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Wow, Cool
    That's definitely a huge improvement from IgorS's LH
    His LH wasn't even close to Casimir, but with your updates this one pretty much resembles me of Báthory István :goodjob:

14. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Thanks for your words, guys. That I started working on this again is basically because of that inner demon that doesn't let me rest till something is done properly. I simply had to do these changes, although the leaderhead is certainly far away from an ekmek. Well, I'll change the background and the leaderhead should be fine then. Yet IgorS' and this LH are hardly comparable in a certain sense. His LH was meant to be Casimir, this is Báthory. His LH was certainly good as long as it was meant to be used as Casimir, to be Báthory, some changes were necessary. Sure, I reused the beard making this LH all in all hardly a creative work. Anways, it's okay.

15. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Actually I meant, that IgorS' original LH wasn't as close to Casimir, as your new LH is close to Báthory

16. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Ah, okay. Well, thanks!

17. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Oh, come on, maybe you and I are talking about different Casimirs, but I think my Casimir came out pretty close to the different pictures of him I saw. I am glad to see that my LH is actually useful to be a base for other LHs, but yes, you should change the BG. This castle is in Poland, so it doesn't fit a Hungarian LH.

18. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Well, I will change it, but still: although Báthory was Hungarian, he was king of Poland and thus might be used as polish leader, too. In this case, the background would be okay considering the theme, but the colour doesn't fit to the leader anyways. So yeah, I'll change it in any case. Still no idea what building to use. Feel free to make suggestions.

19. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Agreed with IgorS. Maybe Báthory was the king of poland, the background (as it will be in a hungarian mod) MUST be hungarian.

20. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Oh sry, didn't want to rate down your LH with this, especially since you did the bigger work anyway: convert the base LH from Colonization and make the basic changes
    It was meant to be a compliment for Cool's new changes

But even you have to admit, that Cool's theme fits Báthory perfectly
    IMO it fits better than the base theme you created for Casimir, but this may be only because I got pretty much used to the picture of Casimir above

The BG could be a castle from Erdély, don't know which one suits him best