COVID personal experiences

My sis got sick with diarrhea and vomiting. Which are not covid symptoms. But these days anyone sick in any way apparently gets covid tested before being allowed to do anything again.

My sis got sick with diarrhea and vomiting. Which are not covid symptoms. But these days anyone sick in any way apparently gets covid tested before being allowed to do anything again.
Sorry to hear that. I hope she gets better quickly.

Unfortunately that's not true where I live. They effectively stopped testing in my city altogether and the statistics have not moved at all since April which I do not find credible.

The city did sign a contract to do mass testing of both active infections and antibody testing for past infections but they cancelled the contract right before testing was due to start as they lost confidence in the testing company. I do not think they are going to do any testing at all now - this city seems to have collectively given up on fighting Covid and instead the city and county are busy fighting the Governor to lift all restrictions as if the crisis is magically past.

My sister has tested positive. She's a nurse, but there's no way to know where she was exposed since she has been out grocery shopping etc, although she was working intake in the ER and did not have adequate PPE.

On Saturday she had fever, headache, cough, sore throat, and chest pain. Today she has improved to a mild cough and shortness of breath of some activity.

Let's hope for a quick uneventful recovery.

Thank you.

We played a board game together remotely over Tabletop Simulator last night, and she for the most part seemed to be doing ok. She was quite tired, and I think her "mild cough" may have been painting a rosy picture. While it's not a constant cough, when it hits it's really bad. She had a horrible coughing fit for a few minutes straight. It's really nice to see our family (immediate and extended) coming together to help her and make sure she has everything she needs.

She's a nurse, but there's no way to know where she was exposed since she has been out grocery shopping etc, although she was working intake in the ER and did not have adequate PPE.
I'm stealing this joke from reddit/twitter -

It's disgusting that we have the resources for our cops to be able to cosplay as fracking space marines but not the resources for our doctors and nurses to cosplay as themselves in the middle of a pandemic.

The lock down in Michigan is coming to a soft close. Restaurants can reopen Monday for dine in but with capacity limits. All stores can reopen but with capacity limits. You can now gather in groups of 100 but have to maintain social distancing. I'm not sure if that was only for outside though. You can do outdoor fitness classes and activities as long as social distancing is still observed. Gyms and salons are still closed.

We visited my in laws who live on a lake last Thursday, leaving tonight. It was nice to get away from our own house though we stayed in the whole time but they have a lot to do here and the kids loved it. We saw my sister in law and brother in law too so contact with 4 other people who have all been staying at home for the most part. I guess it was just time to take the plunge and visit family again. My kids rode bikes around their property, went on john deer gator rides, went on pontoon boat rides, went in the hot tub, had a bonfire. We swam just a bit but it was a cool 65 degrees most days so a little chilly for much swimming.

It lifted my kids spirits a lot and I loved it. My wife was having a blast but once the riots broke out over the weekend her mom just got so angry. Her mom kept fox news on all day most days and just keep being mad at all the rioters and such and it was just a drag. So I think my wife is really bummed that her weekend ended on a poor note. This kind of always happens, her mom has a lot of unresolved anger issues I don't get. She's just mad at the world, I think it's the fox news.

I'm stealing this joke from reddit/twitter -

It's disgusting that we have the resources for our cops to be able to cosplay as fracking space marines but not the resources for our doctors and nurses to cosplay as themselves in the middle of a pandemic.

It's not a joke, and the realization that both of these things are political choices our society has made about what to invest in is incredibly important because it points the way forward, out of this mess. Disinvest from police and policing.

It's not a joke, and the realization that both of these things are political choices our society has made about what to invest in is incredibly important because it points the way forward, out of this mess. Disinvest from police and policing.

There was something about this in an article on police reform.
Policing is by far the biggest item on a lot of budgets, not education or housing.

Top Bottom