Creation Day social event

I just thought i should say if we stick with the Tri and i get the President's powers i can't DP the first session. the major reason behind this would be my lack of having Civ 4...guess we should start with the DPP instead.

greekguy said:
guess we should start with the DPP instead.

That, of course, would be a decision within your power as Acting President. Besides, the first DP would be DS, a verteran we can trust regarding his ability of creating a demogame opening session.

Blkbird said:
That, of course, would be a decision within your power as Acting President. Besides, the first DP would be DS, a verteran we can trust regarding his ability of creating a demogame opening session.

:lol:

One of the reasons I decided not to run for President was that I've created several games so far... but if duty calls, I will serve. :cool:

greekguy said:
I just thought i should say if we stick with the Tri and i get the President's powers i can't DP the first session. the major reason behind this would be my lack of having Civ 4...guess we should start with the DPP instead.

So all you need to do now is make that an official act now that powers have been transferred, and we'll get this party started! :D

DaveShack said:
So all you need to do now is make that an official act now that powers have been transferred, and we'll get this party started! :D

Doing so now! I will make an annoucement in the Secretary of State thread, and then start a new President and Tri. thread as well. :)

The poll currently indicates most people would be available around Sunday 20:00-24:00 UTC (3pm-7pm New York; 21-1 Paris) - and btw, this options has maintain the lead in poll the whole time. So, shall we schedule the event in that time slot?

Thought I'd toss out a procedural proposal since we have so many first timers.

We need an official Turn Chat Instruction Thread, which in this case just has the game creation options which have been decided on by the people. This gives the DP one place to look, and a place to anchor the results of the session.

The game should be created by the DP present at the event who is earliest in the DP order, or the highest seniority government offical at the event if there are no DPs present. This does not count as a game session for the purpose of determining DP play order. At a minimum the DP needs to post the creation save and a screenshot of the starting position. No turns are to be played at this session, and no irreversible acts may be performed.

After the save and screenshot(s) are posted, we can hang around on chat to just have fun, and can discuss the start position. If any significant game discussion happens in the chat, it needs to be posted as a chat log so that those unfortunates who can't attend can see what was said. We don't want to disadvantage anyone who isn't there.

Any objections, especially on who creates the game or on this not counting as a game session in the play order?

Well, since you're the DP for the start, DS ...

I have no objections to the creation not being considered a normal session.

-- Ravensfire

Are we doing this in the next few hours? If yes, when exactly?

The most popular timeframe is Sunday 20:00-24:00 UTC (3pm-7pm New York; 21-1 Paris). You want to choose a starting point within that, DS?

The Creation chat is scheduled for Sunday Jan 15, 3PM MST. This equates to 5PM EST, 2200 GMT.

It was a mistake for me to assume that everyone would know to look in the main forum for the instruction thread. Sorry about that, we'll all be in sync in a couple of days.

See this thread for details.

Top Bottom