Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

Originally posted by CornMaster
How is the unit replay coming?
Very slowly at the moment. I'm getting very little free time due to work at the moment, and all that free time is going into GOTM. Hopefully next month will be different :).

Thanks, Dianthus, I'll give it another shot.

The funny thing is that I may never need MapStat again due to that lovely utility you helped Moonsinger with!

Originally posted by superslug
Thanks, Dianthus, I'll give it another shot.
Good luck. Let me know if you can't get this to work and I'll upload the full .msi file for 2.3.1.

The funny thing is that I may never need MapStat again due to that lovely utility you helped Moonsinger with!
Surely you need a MapStat so you can maximize your territory while milking? 65% territory just isn't enough, you need every last tile :).

Originally posted by Dianthus
Surely you need a MapStat so you can maximize your territory while milking? 65% territory just isn't enough, you need every last tile :).
Now that I think about it, I'll probably still use MapStat for in-game milk phases. It is easier/faster than testing city by city.

It's just that I won't have to run it on hundreds of starting locations...

Dianthus, I'm not sure what I wasn't understanding last week. I tried it again today and got it to work. It is nice to have MapStat again! :thanx:

I'm glad to hear it's working for you superslug.

As an aside, I was a little disappointed in how slow CRpMapStat loads a .sav file compared to MapStat, so I did a little optimization. I can now read .sav files ~100x faster. Is anyone interested in this?

I can now read .sav files ~100x faster. Is anyone interested in this?
Interesting, you CrpMapStat for me seemed to load just as fast as MapStat, but I guess a faster version wouldn't hurt.

Also, I didn't notice this at first, but when using CrpMapStat I have to go my the percentage column rather than tiles left. According to the chart, I still had tiles left when I triggered a domination limit.

I take it CrpMapStat is set for higher than 66.0%?

Interesting, you CrpMapStat for me seemed to load just as fast as MapStat, but I guess a faster version wouldn't hurt.
For me a huge map at 2050AD is taking about 4 seconds with the old code, and about 50ms with the new.

Also, I didn't notice this at first, but when using CrpMapStat I have to go my the percentage column rather than tiles left. According to the chart, I still had tiles left when I triggered a domination limit.

I take it CrpMapStat is set for higher than 66.0%?
Hmmm, I'm actually using 2/3, or 66.6666666% recurring. Is 66.0% what I should be using? I'll give it a test and make sure!

I've just compared MapStat and CRpMapStat for my GOTM27 submission. They came up exactly the same :

I wonder if they tweaked the percentage trigger then?

EDIT: It's a slight pain, but your program is still roughly usuable like this and does get me within a dozen tiles of the Domination limit.:goodjob:

I wonder if they tweaked the percentage trigger then?

EDIT: It's a slight pain, but your program is still roughly usuable like this and does get me within a dozen tiles of the Domination limit.:goodjob:
Could you send me a [c3c] .sav I can check out?

I think it is 66.0% The game is full of strange truncations (For instance the science cost is truncated at 4 decimals somewhere in calculations, resulting in slightly lower costs than counting to the end and truncating (or rounding) would do)

OK, I've just done some testing, and it's definitely :
[civ3] : 2/3
[ptw] : 2/3
[c3c] : 66%

I'll update CRpMapStat accordingly.

I've just released 2.3.2 of CIVReplay, see my website for the download.

New features in 2.3.2 :
  • CRpMapStat : Bug Fixed for Conquests. Conquests domination limit is 66%, was using 2/3 as for PTW and Civ 3
  • General : .SAV file reading optimized, is now ~50 times faster.

@ainwood, do you mean you can read .sav files faster than my current code, or than my old dodgy code? I haven't seen your code, but I'm guessing you're reading from the file directly into structures/records. My old code was reading a byte at a time, and so was bound to be slow, even in C++!

OK, I've just done some testing, and it's definitely :
[civ3] : 2/3
[ptw] : 2/3
[c3c] : 66%

I'll update CRpMapStat accordingly.
Ok, then it is because it is a configurable option in C3C.

Have you seen it other than 66% in C3C?
You can set it in Scenario Properties. For instance Rice of Rome scenario has it set to 20% IIRC

Attachments

• domination.png
    domination.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 350
Top Bottom