Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

Ah, all is clear now. Thanks Gramphos. The current release should be fine for those going for a HOF entry though, as they're standard games anyway.

Originally posted by Dianthus
@ainwood, do you mean you can read .sav files faster than my current code, or than my old dodgy code? I haven't seen your code, but I'm guessing you're reading from the file directly into structures/records. My old code was reading a byte at a time, and so was bound to be slow, even in C++!

Yes, I meant your old code, and I was certainly extracting the Michael somewhat.....

In my initial versions, I was doing some horribly slow things: Eg had a search function that inadvertently converted the entire file from unicode everytime I executed it. Reading directly to structures is MUCH faster. :)

Originally posted by ainwood
Yes, I meant your old code ...
That's good then, my C++ coder's superiority complex was taking a battering for a moment there ;).

Originally posted by ainwood
and I was certainly extracting the Michael somewhat.....
I got that from the mischievious smiley, just wanted to check if there was any truth behind the comment!

Dianthus,

Excellent improvement on the speed!!!:goodjob: It's truely super fast!!! Now, if you have extra free time, please consider to re-compile the DLL (the latest version would be fine) for the MapFinder too.:)

Thanks!:)

I wonder what are the system requirements? All the features except MapStat don't work at all here. They don't even open, the main windows don't get a chance to appear, they simply keep frozen until they're closed through ctrl+alt+del.

I use win98SE, and RAM and HD space aren't a problem, in case they matter.

Inshun, the other apps all use OpenGL to draw the map. For the map to run at a decent speed you need a graphics card that accelerates OpenGL and with a reasonable amount of memory on it (say 32Mb). Even if you haven't got this it should do software OpenGL though. Is your PC up to running OpenGL apps? Have you managed to run any others?

Oh, then that's the problem. Recently, I messed up with some related drivers, trying to make another game work. It worked for the game, but then OpenGL was disabled and I couldn't enable it back.
Well, so I'll have to change my video drivers again. Thanks anyway. :)

This tool is so useful..:goodjob: Thanx for it!
However, i have a few questions regarding the functionality of this
tool.
I played a MP Hot seat game in C3C and wanted to view it in ReplayViewer. The problem is that the viewer only shows graph and worldmaps of the first player, incidently me, not the other human players that were playing in the game as player#2 and player#8. Is there a way to view graphs/maps for these players? Also is it possible to compare the graphs of two players from the same saved game file?

Hi SuperMA5TER,

I guess by "worldmap" you're meaning FOW? Currently CRpViewer can't do either of those things (the FOW or graphs for other human players). I don't think it would be all that hard to do though. If anyone is interested in this then maybe I'll add it in as it shouldn't be all that much work to do. Obviously SuperMA5TER is interested. Anyone else?

I've finally got around to updating my website. I generated the GOTM28 (India) .crp file quite a while ago but forgot to upload it. I've just added the GOTM29 (Egypt) .crp file as well.

Dianthus, I (and potentially some of the others down in the HoF) were wondering if you could add a feature to CRpMapStat that we loved in the original MapStat, namely counts of each terrain type?

@superslug. Is that allowed for HOF? I would have thought that would be spoiler information?

Dianthus,

I'm trying to develop a personal map evaluation tool that rates a games potential from any point in the game given the known map tiles.

I have a theory about domination limits and have generated numerous tiny maps that have been played until the entire map was revealed. I then counted the coast tiles and subtracted that from the total number of tiles that CRpMapStat uses for the domination limit to get the number of land tiles. The number of land tiles seems to be independent of the domination limit. In other words I get almost the same number of land tiles for worlds with very low domination limits as well as worlds with very high domination limits. Counting the coast tiles for very low domination limit worlds is relatively easy but it is very difficult to count the very high domination worlds because the land mass is so convoluted. I get the higest variation from the very high domination limit worlds and think it is because I made an error in the coast tile count. Most of the land tile counts are within 2 tiles of each other but one of the very high domination limit worlds is about 8 tiles lower.

My real objective for a tool that counts the tile types is to evaluate my high score HOF game worlds at 10 AD from the known land mass. In other words only count the tiles that are not under the fog similar to the way MapFinder counts the known land tiles at 4000 BC.

A map tile counting utility is just part of it, I still need to develop some scoring system similar to the GOTM QSC method that considers the domination limit of a world.

Svar, have you tried MapStat to count tiles? It is in this forum...

Svar, is that a long way of saying "Me too, I want the counts of each terrain type like wot superslug said"? ;)

Originally posted by anarres
Svar, have you tried MapStat to count tiles? It is in this forum...

I'm sorry, I'm using C3C and MapStat doesn't work with it, only CRpMapStat does. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Top Bottom