1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

For something different, mainly... just an idea

2. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

I'm okay with it
    kinda prefer it, since we can potentially get HRE
    I don't like the fanatsy empires :/

3. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Hey I'm not against it.

4. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

So who's gonna start?

5. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Well, AA suggested it, so it should probably be up to him.

6. Double A

yeah alright

any final suggestions?

7. Double A

I made the player order based on when people responded to my idea, plus cardgame wanting to be fourth. Assuming no one else joins, it'll cycle back to me after Antilogic if he's actually playing, or Quint if not. I'll start a thread once this gets going. Should we have a rule where if your ruler lives for less than a certain number of years, you can play the next guy? Also, this probably goes without saying, but if you intentionally sabotage the run, your efforts are disqualified and whoever's next redoes your ruler. I doubt that'll happen though.

Spoiler :
    me
    Arakor
    Yeekim
    cardgame
    Lohrenswald
    Quintillus
    Antilogic (?)

8. Arakhor

Shall we say one term, with an extra term if the first lasted two years or less?

9. Double A

yeah that's what I was thinking

10. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

Two years sound a somewhat too little but I guess it's fine.
    (I'd maybe say five years)

Playorder's good for me btw

Also, I'm not going to intentionally sabotage the run, but I'm not a particularly great player so :/

11. Double A

I meant stuff like granting independence to every single vassal and murdering the whole dynasty. I'm sure you'll do fine.

12. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

Hey, if my character develops insanity and paranoia, it's called roleplaying ;)

Should we make a new thread for the succession game?

13. Arakhor

Probably best. :)

14. Double A

15. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I'd love to play, but I can't commit to it now due to work.

So assume I'm a skip unless something changes in the week or two it takes you guys to get to where I am in the rotation.

16. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Currently have been playing A Game of Thrones mod, beginning as Stannis who...

Spoiler alternative timeline :
    ...claim the thrones from the bastard Joffery who is executed along with every members of his court (by fire naturally), witness the downfall of House Lannister as Tyrion falls, the Starks maintain their holding of the North and the Tarygerian dynasty ceases after Varion, child of the storm-born, is killed by a shadow. Through use of the last kiss Stannis avoid the consequence of being assassinated several times and lives to die of old age by his choosing at 100. The Chosen One proved his title when he fended the Seven Kingdoms from hordes from the Western seas; these "Aztecs" were no match for the Lord's sword.

Spoiler the Chosen One and his successor :

But all things must end; though the Iron Throne was in the hands of the Stags and the Lord of Light shined among the Seven Kingdoms a great terror loomed as the Dothraki Sea grew to consume the Free Cities and Slavers' Bay. After the rule of the famed warrior and steward Robert III "the Eagle" the King Lester faced his ultimate trial when the Great Khal decided to cross the oceans to add the Iron Throne to his trophies; it came to a test that the King of the Seven Kingdoms would fail, losing his crown in the process but (as the Lord of Light would dictate) not his live, though he maimed in the proceedings.

Spoiler the fall of the Iron Throne :

Now Ko Lester of House Baratheon serves under the great Rommo.

The crown may be out of his hands but Lester may still redeem himself before the legacy of the Lord's Chosen.

17. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Forgive the double post but I have a tale of dark omens to speak of!

I have been playing Crusader Kings 2 with The Reaper’s Due and have henceforth endured the Black Death!

It spread through Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa, reaching the Holy Roman Empire.

The wise Louise Karling of the HRE rises isolated his court from the outside world but it would not save him from the bubonic plauge...

...setting his less-than-worthy son Sigismond to ascend the throne as the second of his name. He would earn the title “the Butcher” through certain… methodologies in remaining food supplies during the seclusion in court.

After periods of seclusion, a succumbed emperor, cannibalism, witch hunting, corpse burning and general deathly stuff...

...the Plague finally started to succumb itself...

...till finally it became a horrid nightmare in all the known lands under the rein of Sigismond’s brother Évrard the Vengeful, bane of warlocks.

18. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

I'd very much like to play Crusader Kings 2 again but it seems that Paradox have taken their usual route with games. Release endless DLCs, bloat the game with features that they keep adding that make little to no sense and there's just this sense of there not actually being anything to do, especially in the early game and early bookmarks.

Regards

19. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Those Black Death photos look exactly like all those Zombie Horde Mods

20. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Death knows no bounds!

Also: I dig the Dance Macabre linkage Paradox did!

Spoiler super wide image :

The king in both this original artwork and the event work are one!

Save that Paradox tend to set their DLC as additional building upon a foundation rather than placing foundational pieces that should be there. Granted the DLC have been great in the amount for the game but it varies on which you want for CK2. Yes they are milking the game but it is one very strong cow.