1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Its not just the messages. Barely anything happens. Only pop-ups i get are education choices for the kids i tutor. Then its just waiting for a son and money and a claim.

The new tech system also does my head in...will have to read a bit on that

2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Never played this game, but the map seems to suck :(

3. Double A

Double A wak

I don't know what you're doing but I managed to go from Count of Aargau to King of Burgundy with the very first playable Hapsburg (though he was a hated tyrant and really damn old when he became king). That's a very extreme example but it sure was fun.

I haven't played since TOG came out because I'm waiting to buy it on any sort of sale. Not being able to be a pagan or Zoroastrian in any of my mods would just be terrible.

Apparently all Paradox maps suck but I like it.

4. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

No map is perfect - unless you use a globe. ;)

5. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Roleplaying in the game makes it a lot more entertaining. Allowing the game to screw you over, instead of min-maxing and powergaming, also makes things more entertaining. A case in point: in a recent game I played (with my mod) as a West African Muslim, my ruler designed character got depressed. Okay, whatever. Then he embarrassingly lost a war against a OPM even though he had three times as many troops and better generals to boot. I decided to roleplay and make him commit suicide (for those who don't know, it is something your character can do via decision if they're depressed). He had two healthy sons, one already an adult, so I figured from his point of view it was alright. So son #1 inherits. Son #1 does pretty well. He also marries his dad's other wife, the one not his mom (Muslims have multiple wives, for those who don't know) because it's funny. However, Son #1 dies in battle a few years later, leaving his underage brother, Son #2, to inherit. Son #2 has to suffer through a crappy regency by his corrupt steward, is also the only remaining male of his family, but manages to become best friends with a girl in his court that he later marries and becomes lovers with (aw).

I dunno. The game is better when you don't play it as a game.

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

This. Very much this.

7. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Just a bit more variation in the events would be nice. if you're ambition is to improve intrigue, you know that you will get the event of meeting that ex-spymaster in a pub somewhere.

Although i still have to play as a non-western character (except russian once). Also, yesterday my landed son actually did something smart for the first time: he didnt marry an old cow and managed to take back his lands after they were conquered

8. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I forgot to add to my little story above -

When Son #2 grows up, he luckily finds a good reason to imprison the steward, imprisons the steward - who, by the way, is a nasty person personality-wise, only made worse by the fact that he is ugly (I felt sort of sorry, maybe he was only a bastard because everyone made fun of him for being ugly) - who subsequently dies several years later. Son #2 also marries his late brother's wife because she's hot. And his late brother's hot daughter by his late brother's wife who was also his dad's wife, i.e. his niece (who was only a few years younger than him). Because it's funny.

9. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Yeah the reason I get mods for it is to expand the events, I love the events, my favourite part of the game really.

10. Double A

Double A wak

One time I married my stepmom to my bastard brother. Just because I min-max doesn't mean I can't do funny things. :p

11. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

So I've started playing pretty recently, and I thought I'd come here for some advice. Here's teh scenario:

I'm King of Ireland, under an elective monarchy. My one son manged to inherit a fair bit of land in Wales. I'm aiming to create the Empire, so this is good for me. However, it lists his liege as the King of Wales, which raises some questions:

1) If I give him land in Ireland, will that flip over to Wales?
    2) If he succeeds me as king, will that flip over his holdings in Wales to Irish control?
    3) My demense is currently too big. If I have to distribute some titles, how do I ensure that they'll vote for the right successor (whoever that may be)?

12. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

1) Yes
    2) Yes

13. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

3) Only de jure DUKES are able to cast a vote for the king of Ireland. If you're demesne is too large you counter that by handing out baronies and counties, neither of which grants a vote for the king tilte. So no harm there.
    The only thing critical to voting is handing out ducal titles, which got nothing to do with your demesne size.

14. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Just played my first MP session. Apart from a few startup hassles, so far loving it!

15. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Tried out a Zoroastrian game. Things have gone fairly well.

Just waiting on the Byzantine Empress to die and hopefully start a civil war that I can take advantage of.

16. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Until the Mongols came. :mwaha:

17. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Already crushed the Seljuks, and with another 150 years to go I currently can call on about 200,000 soldiers. I think I'll be fine.

18. Double A

Double A wak

The key word here is "think."

19. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Considering how quickly I am swallowing up Byzantium, and how many soldiers I will get out of that, I'm not at all worried. Also helps to have captured the heir's eldest child and forced him to become a Zoroastrian, which will lead to internal strife there for decades to come and a secure western border.

20. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Update on my Zoroastrian Persian Empire, roughly 20 years before the Mongols will begin to show up.

And yes Kan, I'm going to do the thing you asked me to.