1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

DOH!

Forgive me: I just gotten Bolivia mixed up with Bavaria. :(

Why the bloody heck I made this mistake?! :cry:

Well... at least it was in America Bolivia be; I have already gone through the Vinland events and a interesting set up has been added to link to Sunset Invasion...

2. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

:p

Have they added that the Vikings encountered savage warriors in the new world? Cause that is actually true.

3. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Savage?

What "interesting" terminology to describe peoples...

...and yes there is the ending to the Vinland journey, although this time a few longboats are stolen from figures from the south...

4. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Here is the current level of my empire!

Spoiler :

Eskild is now expanding the empire greater!

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Norse are totally not overpowered which is why they aren't getting beaten with a nerfbat in the Beta.

6. Nintz

Apparently a lot of people are seeing the Norse wither and die in their games though. Most often when Brittania doesn't go Norse, but my Brittania's always go Norse. So they are always OP'd to me.

7. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

My rulers from my second character to the one before the great Styrkar had suffered and died from being maimed (although the second managed to live with being maimed till is early 60s). It can be blamed on all the hunting (all that raiding allows plenty of time to hunt!) and in one case clash with rebels.

Norse are indeed super powered, especially as they share the economic advantages the republics had before the republics' craws were clipped.

Speaking of which: after my Norse game I plot a game as the Republic of Venice. With trade post destroying Vikings in the game it will be nerving to play as a republic now and the Italian empire allows a new possibility if I overwhelm the Kingdom of Italy by my economic dominion viva la mercenaries... if I manage to install my economic dominion of course.

8. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Finnish Finland, done right and proper:

Spoiler big :

9. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

I am starting to think my empire is getting way, way over powerful...

Spoiler :

It is still fun! :D

10. Nintz

Nonsense! You must conquer the whole world! (EU3 conversion WC :p)

11. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

...there is a Norse mod for EU3? Just considering how to continue the sacrifices if Norse empire continues into EU3! ;)

Of course the Norse empire in EU3=the game be broken!

12. Nintz

At that point you put in a few new religions/cultures/events/decisions/etc in a mini-mod specifically for that game. I've done culture and religion before, isn't too bad.

13. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

I love the interface for Islamic nations... I only wish I didn't hate their succession and decadence mechanics so much.

14. madviking

madviking north american scum

Decadence is fixed by imprisoning your brothers. :p

15. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

My current emperor, after avoiding a civil war from going full out by the death of the independent movement leader, called great war in North-Eastern Europe, while continuing to "gently" expand territories.

Spoiler :

As you see his first wife was a queen, so my next character should have experience ready. On the down side I will have to rescale on technology again as I end up moving capital while Egypt goes to my second son...

16. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I got the Game of Thrones mod a few weeks back -- it is loads of fun. I'd suggest it to everyone here :p

17. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Heyo. Really should look at this more often. I downloaded the same mod a few days ago. I barely went past the tutorials, so I am going to use some time to get used to it these holidays.

18. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

started up the game again after a month of 3 to get the steam cards. Played as duke of bavaria, but barely anything happened in 15y, excepted the heir taking over. so reminded me why i stopped playing. Waiting for a fabricated claimn while meanwhile being bombarded with 15messages a minute about the HRE....

19. coanda

coanda Emperor

Playing within the HRE definitely calls for going in and changing several message settings away from the defaults.

20. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

I love playing in the HRE. I think its almost always more fun to play as a vassal than a liege.