Crusader Kings 2

Raid Essos.

I would if not for the constant Wildling uprisings. You would think they'd stop once you're able to raise an army of 5000 men, including 1000 from Castle Black.

Or if you achieve Medium Crown Authority. I guess what I'm getting at is if you're the King Beyond the Wall, son of the previous King Beyond the Wall, and it is extremely likely your son will be King Beyond the Wall, the Wildlings should get use to kneeling.

I also don't have enough ships to raid Essos meaningfully given the distance, and I'm paranoid that the Iron Throne/North will march up (since I've taken Brandon's Gift and New Gift).

However, the Invasion CB the Wildings have is extremely useful. If this was a different bookmark, I may already have marched southward, but Westeros is pretty solidly Targaryen.

For now.

It seems that the current queen is matrilineally married to some guy from Ghizcar. I'm not sure exactly, but the dynasty name certainly isn't Westerosi. As it stands, Westeros is divided because of the war against Lys. While there aren't any kingdoms against the Iron Throne, I think the North has decided to sit the war out.

The North (ruled by Jeyne Bolton no less) is at war with somebody in Essos as well. I'm going to wait and see the war score and dive in once I feel strong enough. I can raise a maximum of eight thousand soldiers, but when garrison sizes can easily be in the thousands as well, I don't want to get in a situation where I get into a battle and can no longer besiege anything.

I'm going to assume you started in the AFFC scenario, because of Jeyne Pool. If so, that means dragons are lying about from Dany.

So yeah. Avoid the Targs like the plague.

Some of the DLC for CK2 is on sale on steam btw. I finally got The Old Gods for 75% off.

TOG and SoA actually went on sale for 75% off a lot sooner than I thought they would. Hopefully this trend will continue, because I hate waiting for deep sales.

Wait SoA was on for 75% off?

When I checked during the CK2 sale it was full price.

Grrr indeed.

was SoA really 75%? i cant imagine that cause the dlc related to it (music/unit packs) was still full price. I bought it at 10% cause i thought it wouldn't go off in sale...

I got it a few months ago on a deep sale, but it might've been on Amazon.

So I got this recently and it's... quite different from EU, the Paradox series that I'm most familiar with. Anyone have any suggested LP's that I should watch to learn the basics of how the game works?

Yeah I started a few of his but they kind of glossed over a lot of stuff, assuming the viewer already knows basically how to play. Does he have one in particular that you recommend that actually explains what the heck is going on?

Stuck at work for the next hour and a half and it looks like those 90 minutes just filled up! Thanks!

Top Bottom