1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

You can just copy Paradox games out of the Steam folder, and then it works just like GG.

2. Antilogic

Antilogic --

What cardgame said for a few games, but additionally there is an issue where if Steam itself updates, it reverts your settings on auto-update to the default. So it starts auto-updating games again.

3. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

do people with 100 opinion still join factions? I still have to buy old gods, but its really itching to start again. Im watching some tutorials and LP's to refresh again

4. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I don't get why some people join independence or rebellious factions at very high relations. The Queen of Italy had +84 relations with me and still though it'd be funny to declare independence.

5. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Aside from the faction leader plotting them into the faction? I really don't know. Pisses me off.

6. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Kings always join independence factions

7. Antilogic

Antilogic --

:wallbash:

Last time I give over 400 gold to a king to improve relations and avoid revolts.

8. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

On the flipside, I don't know why a player would ever join an independence faction, or any faction they don't themselves control. It seems that everytime I do, the faction leader gets a bit too cocky and fires off a declaration, even when the chances aren't exactly in the bag.

9. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

I think only non-dejure Kings join independent factions?

10. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

If I am powerful enough to more or less fight my liege on my own, I will join an already formed independence faction to try and get it to trigger a war. That way I don't have to fight as many enemies at once as I would have to normally and makes it a little easier for me.

Last time I had king level vassals was pre-Old Gods, but unless its changed in the last few patches/DLC I think they still will. I remember being Britannia and having Wales, Scotland, and England as king vassals, and they would still join independence factions despite being de jure.

11. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Gavelkind and short reign as a norse is brutal, just like those peasant revolts. I think i need to do some more reading about everything. I've had like 5 fail attempts in the last two days. First a few as ostland, forming norway but then ruler dies when everybody underage, so hell breaks loose.

Then i tried as Nantes, but also a premature death so my ships where gone and i couldnt break a revolt in cornwall. So now im trying as ostland again. First son is quick, but he has 3 brothers.... And he will need more of a powerbase than just king of norway without duchies...

Hopefully this goes better now. After that i think im going for 1066 starts

12. Double A

I usually don't have a problem with gavelkind, even when I have multiple sons, which is hilariously rare for me. The game usually gives me an overabundance of daughters.

You could always give your other sons to someone with 0 intrigue and diplomacy, and then immediately plot to kill them upon your inheritance. You just gotta get lucky with your ruler's lifespan, which also isn't usually a problem for me.

13. Antilogic

Antilogic --

The other option is to build temples and give them to your unwanted extra sons, to cut down on the gavelkind division. However, you are stuck building temples, and if your primary heir dies suddenly then you have a big problem.

But it can cut down on the number of required assassinations, or you can quickly grant out the temples when your old king falls ill, sometimes you can predict these things.

14. calad

calad Emperor

Well you can always divorce or assasinate your wife to reduce number of children. Its all risky tough, loss them and game over. Dont be too pg.

15. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Yeah... ultimately, I prefer primogeniture. It's much safer and keeps my lands together and consistent. I fooled around with seniority in one game and I might do so in my next, but the lack of control over your brothers and cousins really messes with my style.

16. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Is ultimo a good choice if primo is unavailable?

17. Double A

It is if you're like me and your youngest son is always the most badass.

18. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I know it's random, but the best traits like strong and genius have skipped my firstborn twice now and gone to a later son. Would have liked to inherit with those!

19. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Kill your first couple sons.

I once had a king who had two perfectly normal daughters, but for some reason, every son he popped out was a moron. I had to keep killing them off to prevent their inheritance. After like 4 sons, I finally got one who was normal, like the girls.

Of course, 2 years later my eldest daughter kills that son and takes the inheritance for herself. So there's only so much you can do.

The lesson is, murdering with impunity has never hurt anyone.

20. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

god i really think the game hates me. I marry my quick son/heir to a genius woman, who first has depression and illnes, then only manages to produce two daughters and a dead son. Then when she is almost 40, finally a genius son, only for my heir to die before me so he wont become king of norwayunless some weird stuff happens. then i die and my second son inherits (who i mainly disregarded), managed to crush a revolt to put my queer brother on the throne thanks to retinues and mercs, even though im now already 50...A
    And my current heir ended somehow up as vassal of denmark, so not much control over that either

Ill be so happy when ill be able to reform norse faith. If your heir doesnt inherit one of your duchies/jarldoms, thats immediatly a big crunch out of his powerbase. Went from 8holdings to 2, and from 2500personal levies to 1000.

Still, feels rewarding when you crush it