CTIV-3: Tokugawa by Sea, or Infinite Conquest Sprawl :hammer:

Difficulty: Noble
Landtype: Archipelago
Sea Level: High
Climate: Random
Size: Huge
Civilization: Japan (Tokugawa): Aggressive and Organized
Victory Conditions: Conquest only, however, not Always War

I'm in the mood for some island-hopping conquest. Note that the map will be huge.

Variant Rule (will nix if team doesn't like): Every island must have a Japanese city on it before the end of the game.

Roster:
ChrTh (UP -- 40 turns)
Jeff1787 (On Deck -- 15 turns)
Dantski
Gemini1706
Morred
mjj55409

I'll give it a go if you don't mind walking me through how to upload screenshots, savegames etc

Dantski, I'll put you in the middle of the roster.

Uploading is easy. When you do a reply (not a quick reply), click the paperclip. It allows you to upload 5 items that you can then insert into your post (if you have more than 5, split your post).

Will you take a total noob?
Can learn very quickly, specially with advice from the team :)

Sure, why not?

I do want an experienced player for that 2nd slot, though :crazyeye:

BTW, guys, make sure you gain familiarity with SG etiquette, style, etc. I highly recommend the LK series, the LOTR games, and the RB series.

Looks like a fun varient, I'll certainly be watching. Even if I wasn't already in a CTIV, the huge map + my 3 year old computer = :suicide: :crazyeye:

lurker's comment: I would highly recommed this be played at Epic speed.
A map that size is going to require a lot of time for conquest, and you will need the extra turns.

Thanks Lee, that's a good idea. I'll do that.

Now if I can just find a second player ...

Ok, I've rolled the start:
CTIV-3A.jpg

We have some nice sheep and some crabs, and some forest to chop if we want. Interestingly enough, the game thinks we should settle 2 tiles W on the lake, or where the warriors are standing. I'm guessing it's preferring the latter due to the river, but I don't see a health issue where we're standing. I also like the fact we'll be on a hill, have ocean access, and can work the crabs or sheep right away, but I'll leave it to the group to discuss.

We start with Fishing, so I think a Workboat right off the bat is a good idea (depending on the size of the island, we may not need a second warrior until we're ready to explore other islands--assuming we can reach any before Caravels).

Are you sure it is an ocean? Maybe a lake.
Plus if we settle on a hill tile, do we still have access to that tile hammers/mining?

I think I also kinda like your spot on the hill (can you turn tiles on please :) ?)
I like Work Boat.
What do you all think?

Odds are that it's an ocean ... if not, well, none of the spots are on the ocean then.

I know settling on a hill gets a defensive bonus, not sure if it affects the hammers.

I'll get another screenshot up shortly.

EDIT:

Here it is
CTIV-3B.jpg

I like the idea of a work boat straight off the bat (as long as it doesn't stop growth like Workers). I think popping tha hut may give us an insight into what to do. However if we do settle there (which looks good). Going for Animal Husbandry and then Bronze Working could be the way to go. With so many forests, we have a good chance to chop rush a few early wonders without losing too many Health Bonuses.

I would like to play if you need one more???

Top Bottom