Cultural Citystyles for BtS, patch 3.19

I updated the first post for news on the latest version of Cultural Citystyles, namely v0.99.

Awsome :goodjob: Will donwload as soon as i get somewhere with a better network ;)

Excellent, Geo, thanks!

Although now I have the Hungarian citystyle to merge, and the LSystem files are making me cringe, I'm always happy to see your updates - even if now I see you say it's a completed mod.

I had a quick question for you Geo. Say I wanted to make my own city style, but by simply combining aspects of ones you have already created. For instance if I wanted to do a "Latin-American" city style, and wanted to use the MesoAmerican city-style for the ancient and classical era, and then switch over to the Iberian city-style in the medieval era what would I have to do to accomplish that?

Excellent, Geo, thanks!

Although now I have the Hungarian citystyle to merge, and the LSystem files are making me cringe, I'm always happy to see your updates - even if now I see you say it's a completed mod.

In this version it's easier for you to locate the new entries in Civ4CityLSystem, and copy them over to your file.

For instance if I wanted to do a "Latin-American" city style, and wanted to use the MesoAmerican city-style for the ancient and classical era, and then switch over to the Iberian city-style in the medieval era what would I have to do to accomplish that?

The easiest way is to add a "artstyle_Latin_America" in Global Defines.xml, and include this artstyle tag in CityLSystem and PlotLSystem where appropriate (in your case the early Meso cityset/facilities entries, and later Iberian cityset/facilities entries). That covers it roughly. And of course link this tag to the proper civilizations in Civ4CivilizationsInfos.

I believe for some improvements you'll have overlaps where the Meso ones use the same graphic in for instance the classical and medieval era, while Iberian ones perhaps only start from the Renaissance era and share graphics with the Greco_Roman artstyle.

Nice job!

I have used some of them for my colonization mod and it's looked pretty good...
Between those I have tested, I've only had problems with an_africa, med_africa, med_norsca and med_russia... but they aren't really necessary for my situation, I only miss the med_africa, cos I would use it for Ethiopia, but, that's ok...

You all can see the results here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253529&d=1274855203

So, thanks for your work!

:goodjob:

Obrigado!

I don't mean to sound needy, but it there somewhere else you could host this file? Keeps telling me I'm downloading files too fast, and to wait another 5 seconds. Minutes later, I try again, and I still can't download.

Yo, Geo!
I've organized a self-led and self-executed suicide run against the graphics I'm using, that of course includes CC.

Here's what I did to CC, you are of course free to use each and any modification I did - you just have to download the newest VD, it contains a new CC v0.99 optimized FPK.

Cheers!

Optimizations to CCv0.99
------------------------
Interface/screens/AncientBattlefield - greatly reduced texture sizes
Hanging Gardens - reskinned and reduced triangle count
ancient Mongolian citystly - reduced triangle count
Federal_Style.dds - reduced size
Russian Sheremetova texture reduced (sherem.dds)
India_MtRushmore buddhist_shrine-map.dds texture reduced
kislev1.gloss.dds greatly reduced in size (is it needed anyway?)
mod_Meso_America.nif triangulated (from 5000 triangles to 2600 triangles)
Inca_Bank reduced aztec.dds texture
Mongolia_Theatre gathering.nif triangulated (from 5000 triangles to 2500 triangles)
Inca_Hermitage macchu_picchu.nif academie.nif (from 6986 triangles to 2976 triangles)
Crescent_Courthouse academie.nif academie.nif (see possible problems below)
Mediterranean_MilitaryAcademy NavalAcademy.nif triangulated (from 3951 to 2430 triangles)
Workshop triangulated (from 2538 to 764 triangles)
Plantation_Mediterranean Fur_Traders_house_DIFF256.dds texture reduced
Plantation_Russia Plantation_Renaissance.nif, kislev1.blend.dds reduced
Greco_Roman_Farm.nif Tobacconist_Shop_DIFF256.dds reduced

Possible problems:
CC099\Art\Structures\Buildings\Courthouse\Crescent _Courthouse\academie.nif -> Sceneviewer has buffer overrun when opening!
CC099\Art\Structures\Buildings\Academy\Egypt_Acade my\academie.nif -> Sceneviewer has buffer overrun when opening!
CC099\Art\Structures\Buildings\Harbor\Europe_Harbo r\Shipyard.nif -> missing shaders

Yeah, thanks. I already downloaded VD9.1 an hour ago with that in mind. :mischief:
On the possible problems, nothing I can do there. Sceneviewer sometimes has a buffer overrun when I tinkered with nifs, but I never tinkered with the first two graphics you mention. Also, it often happens that when I open such "buffer overrun" files outside the Civ4 mod structure, they do open (weirdly enough). And small wonder the shipyard nif misses shaders. It's a model from Colonization. ;)

Awesome. Thanks. Now... here's another question maybe you could answer for me... and maybe not. If I wanted to combine this with RevDCM, how would I go about doing that?

Yeah, thanks. I already downloaded VD9.1 an hour ago with that in mind. :mischief:
On the possible problems, nothing I can do there. Sceneviewer sometimes has a buffer overrun when I tinkered with nifs, but I never tinkered with the first two graphics you mention. Also, it often happens that when I open such "buffer overrun" files outside the Civ4 mod structure, they do open (weirdly enough). And small wonder the shipyard nif misses shaders. It's a model from Colonization. ;)

Interestingly, the Crescent Courthouse and the Egyptian Academy were the exact same buildings that were showing up pink on Macs. I fixed the textures by resaving/compressing the dds files, I'm not sure if you included these or not in standard CC. Could it be related?

I still have the 'fixed' textures hosted here if you want to try them.

Awesome. Thanks. Now... here's another question maybe you could answer for me... and maybe not. If I wanted to combine this with RevDCM, how would I go about doing that?

I have no idea since I don't know what RevDCM changes from the vanilla game.
Cultural Citystyles only adds graphics, and needs to use 8 xml files for that. I suppose you're safe when neither of those 8 files is used in RevDCM. If not, you'll need to merge them (don't ask me how).

Interestingly, the Crescent Courthouse and the Egyptian Academy were the exact same buildings that were showing up pink on Macs. I fixed the textures by resaving/compressing the dds files, I'm not sure if you included these or not in standard CC. Could it be related?

I still have the 'fixed' textures hosted here if you want to try them.

I don't recall. I might have included them before, but I'm not sure anymore. It was too long ago. Thanks for linking them up again. I'll compare them with Avain's changes when I get there.

So this has been updated with the new optimizations or no?

And also, to take advantage of these optimizations I simply have to replace what I have in my folders with what avain did right? (i.e. only the art files)

Hey, I personally already have your mod, but just letting you know that both your download links are broken

Top Bottom