Current (SVN) development discussion thread

If I recall correctly, I rarely seen German Cameroon, Namibia, and New Guinea since the partition of HRE..

Why does my stability advisor say that my economy is bad while I have +100 gold per turn?

Economy isn't just commerce, it's all yield types. And in general a good economic stability value depends on constant growth. Stagnation, even on a high level, leads to penalties in the long run.

Could there be a change such that at a high economy stagnation does not affect economy, or even just in the modern era? This, like the Foreign Stability hit for knowing too many nations, would automatically make nations more unstable in the later parts of the game.

I don't mean population growth, but economic growth, i.e. yield increase. Population growth isn't the only way to grow your economy.

shouldn't the conversation above me be in "Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth" instead of here?

shouldn't the conversation above me be in "Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth" instead of here?

??? - It was originated by a question about a feature in the SVN.

Also, I'm for barbarian overhaul, but on viceroy handicaps they are razing out most of the Americas. I think there may be a few too many in certain regions.

I was playing as Persia,I founded Sirajis because it is a better place for a city and Zoroastrianism was never founded in Persia,but in "unknown".
Though my state religion is still Zoroastrianism.

Did you get the movie? Cause if not, that means that just some other civ founded it, most likely Egypt. Persia always starts as Zoroastrian.

~Bair

Do you still have the starting save? I assume it's just a coincidence.

It actually happens in Jerusalem about half the time in my games.

On another note, Byzantines seem to have been respawning more, which is good. What isn't good is that usually they respawn too strong for the Ottoman AI to take them, and shouldn't respawn at all if the Ottomans hold Constantinople, though the latter is probably already true.

New Dutch spawn actually puts them at more of a disadvantage than it should because the longbows on the boats should be muskets and I believe now with the later spawn an extra settler would be nice. Also, France is having a tendency to settle around the Belem spot on tiles that for them are okay but for the Dutch are foreign. It would be okay if it were the Portuguese but a war with France over Guyana and Brazil just feels wrong.

For some reason svn wont update for me. it says something about the file already being locked.....whatever that means

EDIT......... nevermind i figured it out

The last time I updated the SVN Lhasa was still located in central Tibet instead of in South Tibet and on the Yarlung Zangbo river where it it actually located.
I am also forced to build it in the wrong place because I can't build it one tile south because India and China's culture are in my way.

What said the current tile is the wrong place? It doesn't need a river as it doesn't get big enough and it shouldn't directly interfere with India's culture, as it would 1S. I can also locate many more places where there "should be a river" and there isn't. Take Madrid for example. The current spot is also more beneficial to the UHVs. It lets the needed India city grow and produce Great Prophets not interfered with by a city reaching out for food from Tibet.

Nevermind,Tibet is anway one of the worst civs to play.

- Awesome UU at the time everyone around them goes collapsing.

Enough said. You can take pretty much everything you wish as Tibet.

Their UHV is in my opinion one of the better too, but flavours differ.

Nevermind,Tibet is anway one of the worst civs to play.
What do you care about their capital position then? And by the way, I "still" haven't done it because I never thought it was a good idea in the first place.

When did you move the Dutch spawning time? It makes it sort of incredibly boring to try to play as the Iranians.

Top Bottom