Current (SVN) development discussion thread

To be fair, Viking Kiev is a poor person's replacement for Duchy of Kiev of Kievan Rus.

That sounds pretty cool. You should also add Zealand as a land bridge (with rivers around it).
I'm not fond of the "rivers around it" thing.

To be fair, Viking Kiev is a poor person's replacement for Duchy of Kiev of Kievan Rus.
That's true, but it happens a little too often.

Making Scandinavia a continent would make Viking AI sort of dumb, though. It will probably never capture Kiev at all, and select very sub-optimal routes for invading Novgorod or Petersburg. And historically, Sweden did invade Novgorod and area around Neva by land.

I don't think that tile is Zealand; I think it's the one 1 SW.

That's where Copenhagen was, yes. But it's inaccurate, and I think the connection actually balances it more by making harder for the HRE to take and keep it.

Poor map... it didn't deserve to have that done to it.

Between Denmark being moved and the rivers, my guess is Leoreth will give a no. You must remember he hates using rivers as representative of oceans, seas, or straights.

Making Scandinavia a continent would make Viking AI sort of dumb, though. It will probably never capture Kiev at all, and select very sub-optimal routes for invading Novgorod or Petersburg. And historically, Sweden did invade Novgorod and area around Neva by land.
That's true, but most of its interaction with the rest of Europe was overseas, and moving through northern Sweden and Finland isn't exactly historical.

This doesn't look good to you?
*shudder*

You must remember he hates using rivers as representative of oceans, seas, or straights.
I think rivers as representatives of straights are okay. I mean, gays took the best symbol when they secured the rainbow, but it's not like rivers are that bad an alternative.

I don't see that.

New viking unit: Transformer huscarl.
This unit can cross water tiles and land tiles, in a land tile it looks like a huscarl, in a water tile it looks like a galley. I think is impossible to make, but is cool.

I think Scandinavia should be a separate continent on 3000BC and 600AD scenario while NOT separated in 1700AD. Is that even possible?

I think so, but why?

(Generally the status as a separate continent could be disabled at a specific point.)

I don't think making Scandinavia a separate continent would enhance their performance. Just look at Egypt and Mali. They can't deal with intercontinental resource at all.

Never mind. Just found out that actually Sweden took St. Petersburg and Prussia took Norway NOT via land, but also from the sea.. so I think it should be a separate continent in all scenarios.

So the idea is, if Scandinavia is NOT a separate continent, then Viking/Swedia would NOT attack via naval but instead prefer through Finland and Baltic coast?

Top Bottom