Current (SVN) development discussion thread

I'm still not getting these various reported performance issues. Turn times in the modern era are never in excess in 15ish seconds for me, which I will grant is still pretty slow relative to other eras, but it's tolerable.

Yeah, but I do agree with youtien to a varied extent.
This is why I oppose adding more bloat to the modern era.

In our hands, the game after industrial era is only a race with stability, you never meet real threat, AI just can't catch up, even with scripted event like trading company or American westward movement.

The jewel of RFC is about idea and concept, you really feel the history when you are Egypt and Babylon, fighting in the Middle East. DoC polished these to a new extent, but I think now there are too much.

It is delightful to see our food, hammer or commerce output raising with new tech and railroad, but what's the point if you have no real opponent?

Yeah, but I do agree with youtien to a varied extent.
This is why I oppose adding more bloat to the modern era.
That depends on the feature. Most of the load comes from the number of civs and especially units.

Yes, but that's not really an option.

An idiopathic bug that cause a random city at random turn to have unlimited hammer, unlimited food and unlimited science.

Yeah. The term overflow bug isn't really descriptive in any sense I suppose.

Leo, not sure if you've been asked this question before, but do you plan to "synchronize" the base maps for 3000BC/600AD/1700AD on their numerous differences, especially now that settling on resources give full benefits?

Examples off the top of my head:
- Indonesian jungle is turned into a forest in 600AD, this means Indonesia is disallowed a great city spot in their core in the 3000BC start
- Egyptian marble is 1 spot down in 600AD
- China in 1700AD is given Terrocota Army in Changan but China in 600AD is not

Random map issue:
- in 1700AD, Shenyang has no religion and has a confucian temple, probably unintended lol

I second that dzdydx. The lack of clam in the eastern Black Sea in 600 AD is very noticeable when playing as a Middle Eastern civ.

I second that dzdydx. The lack of clam in the eastern Black Sea in 600 AD is very noticeable when playing as a Middle Eastern civ.

That always bugged me! If it wasn't for the fact that 3000 BC Middle East is a mass of poorly settled cities, I would play from 3000 BC just for it.

Also, IIRC a wheat in Turkey in 3000 BC is on the river, while in 600 AD it is inexplicably not.

Other resource discrepancies include a Fish resource missing from southern India in the 600 and 1700 scenarios, and about half of Tibet's resources being pulled in the 1700 scenario.

@FinalLegendZero I think that's intentional. There's no Tamil in 600AD and 1700AD, so is Tibet is gone at 1700 AD. It's to prevent exploitation.

Some are intentional, but not all of them.

New commit:
- added trade stability to the economy category
- happiness stability now grows over time if most of your cities are happy and vice versa
- core and periphery score are displayed next to the expansion stability

New commit:
- corrected happiness stability rules
- fixed a bug in the Congress bribery section

Because of the current population stability interface, a flip targeting most of a core area (Egypt, Babylon, Carthage, India, and many others come to mind) can be devastating for the player in terms of stability. Do you think one or more of the follows measures could be implemented?

-Core area cities do not flip for the player.
-Core area cities do not flip for the player if their population stability would be negatively effected by at least X.
-Units in core areas do not flip if the player refuses a flip (because that's quite unrealistic in many situations)

Note: This only applies for Core areas for the human player, not for the AI and not for historical or other areas!

If the Human is stable, his core should never flip at the first place.
Why would a core city join a new rising civilization if it's stable and happy under the Human civilization?

Top Bottom