Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all revisions that claim to be v1.12 (up to 787 I think) are considered part of v1.12. The downloadable package has been updated, you can update your own version by unpacking the patch from the release thread, which is also up to date.

Yes, none of the changes made affect these modules.

I don't know.

Question: Does accomplishing 2/3 of the religious victory goals also trigger another golden age?

No, mostly because that would enable too many golden ages. Also, URVs are slightly different from UHVs because they can also be "unachieved" again when their conditions are not met anymore.

(SVN 787)

after giving the Mongols and Indonesia a try, I thought I'd do a relaxing Arab-game. But the nerf-hammer hit them quite hard as well, it seems.

1. How about renaming the area needed for UHV2 from "Spain" to "Iberia"? I had vasallized Spain & the Moors, even kept Barcelona for myself but when the Portuguese spawned I almost failed the condition because my units were already on their way towards the Mongol/Turk-spawn and I almost missed the 6-7 turn-window where I could declare war upon Portugal and destroy them before the time runs out.
(also I thought 4vs1cities in the area should count as control anyway, is that wrong on my part or is this UHV an exception?)

2. I like how the Madrasa is now a religious building even though I could never use its slots since all my cities are rather tiny and since there is basically no infrastructure in the area they dont grow much anyway.

3. I hate UHV1 however, the Mongols have very few turns to topple the Chinese and if they don't manage it, I fail this UHV, no matter what I do or how I play. So I basically play my entire game and then get a message "for reasons beyond your control, you lose" -.-
The Arab game already has its first annoying random negative factor when/if Byzantium doesn't declare war on you, but fortunately thats at the very beginning so it's not too bad to just start over again.

Does Rome still get conquerors in Persia's core area (Shushan and east) or is it just Babylonia?

They get conquerors for the Mesopotamia region regardless of who controls it.

They get conquerors for the Mesopotamia region regardless of who controls it.

But do they get conquerors for Persia proper?

Negative.

Following up on my previous posting:

Is it possible to include a check at the end of 1280/1290 to see if AI China is already collapsing and collapse them if they are? (in my game they were unstable from the moment the Mongols appeared and got to collapsing but didn't die in time). If it is, would you consider implementing it?

Also: I just started a 3000-BC-Byz game and found that the Parthenon still works despite me having Theology I am able to switch to Republic - is that intended? (weirdly enough Rome, Greece, Persia, Babylonia were all dead at my spawn and only Egypt alive - plus possibly India somewhere far in the east)

Could anyone tell me which of the Byzantine cities will flip away from me? (-> Arabs, Turks, etc)
I assume not all cities are safe just because they are in my "core" when I start (will it shrink/move like the Mongol core does?)

Could anyone tell me which of the Byzantine cities will flip away from me? (-> Arabs, Turks, etc)
I assume not all cities are safe just because they are in my "core" when I start (will it shrink/move like the Mongol core does?)

The Arabs will flip all of Mesopotamia (minus Sur/Tyre if its a 3000BC game) and Egypt. The Turks will flip any cities in Anatolia that aren't in your core. In addition, the Seljuks will get large conqueror stacks in Anatolia and near Babylon/Baghdad, and the Mongols will get a small number of conquerors on two of your cities when you first meet them.

Assuming your city count remains at 5 or higher, your core will never shrink or move. If your city count ever falls to 4 or fewer, your core will be reduced to just Constantinople. This will not reverse, even if your city count returns to 5+.

EDIT: made an error with the info for Turkey's spawn; see two posts down for correction.

Made a mistake with the last post. Since the Turks have Anatolia as their core, they will flip all of Anatolia, regardless of whether it's in your core.

Shwegadon Paya allows wonders to be built under any state religion, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom