[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't trust Dante as a source; he even thought that the Minotaur had a human head and the body of a bull :p

Yeah, Dante made up a lot of stuff. And the whole thing is a literary self-insert fanfic anyways. A very good, well-written literary self-insert fanfic, but still one nevertheless. :mischief:

Memo to self: avoid said South-East US cities.

They've imprisoned 60% of the 13% black drug users! I can't see why this is regarded as a failure.

Not sure about the use of country-wide indices here. Or if enough have been used. Or if the proper ones have been used (for instance, good business environment doesn't automatically translate to good work environments) And it seems the overall ranking is based on a simple average. Potentially very subjective based on what one wants from a city, in which case it is best to use a customized weighted average.

"City level index" means the index applies to cities, not countries.

The photo there is a selection. If you are truly interested in examining it, there's a hyperlink to the complete document.

Also taking the time here to point out the absence of transportation indices in the table. I bitterly note this after being left outside on two cold days after my bus got designated for a short turn thrice in one week. Said bus also occasionally seems to treat its schedule as more of a suggestion.

^Yes, but i mean to ask if cities like Oslo were deemed not eligible to be in that list due to other numerical issues (eg pop size, although iirc SF is not that large a city either). Maybe overall metro plays a role there too.

Maybe it's in the complete document. I'll check it later, I have some things to look at first.

Strange choice for including Frankfurt and not Berlin or Hamburg.

Looking at the appendix, I have relatively little confidence in the methodology. It seems to collect some rather arbitrary statistics and then averages them layer by layer in an ad-hoc manner. All those statistics are typically difficult to compare across countries anyway, and putting them together like this doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom