1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by stolenrays, Sep 21, 2011.

1. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

I don't see any date changes to the SDK source files in the "C++ Changed" folder. :confused:

2. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

3. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

4. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

I noticed that you have a new option for RevolutionDCM attack support. What does it do?

Additionally, I see the option for Archery Barrage is gone. Were you able to combine it with Ranged Bombardment?

5. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

Attack support only is triggered by a CASA (stack attack). Units in the plot attacking, not engaging, provide attack support without losing movement points (similar to opportunity fire).

Archery barrage components were almost identical to range bombardment. The few variations were added to range bombardment.

6. Moutardentube

Moutardentube Chieftain

Hi,

I'm playing on ROM AND that includes RevDCM although I'm not sure if ot based off your version of DCM. But I'm asking anyway: are there infantry units able to bombard except those equipped with bows? I'd like to do ranged fire in the renaissance and modern eras but it doesn't seem possible.

Thanks!

7. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

New version is up

-----DCM 2.4-------
    -Removed uneeded DCM Nukesokay tag
    -Removed max attempts SDK Code
    -Made Commenting easier by labeling starts
    -Modified RevDCM Defines to minimize SDK code
    -Removed BBAI Code except getBombardTurns
    -Removed uneed BBAI xml/python
    -Removed Civ Changer
    -Added Concept Text
    -Removed uneeded Text entries

8. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

K-Mod is indeed awesome.:) Imo it's better than BBAI. Is this mod able to be used with K-Mod? I see that in the latest update you "Removed BBAI Code except getBombardTurns".

9. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Wow. I guess I have a lot more work to do.

10. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

@Aleenik Yes, I have merged it before with K-Mod and it works easily. K-Mod is just AI stuff anyways mostly.

@Moutard No Infantry units except archers have bombard. You can change this with the dcm range % DCM accuracy xml tags yourself though.

11. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

how does the AI handle the bombards? I recall playing ROM where the AI didnt really use it (or at least not very effective, perhaps 10% optimal). Has it improved?

edit. I tried to install it, and is it just me, or doesnt the AI make ranged bombard at all?

I tried to put 3 mobile and 3 normal arty (range 2) in a enemy city and then drive around in the city's bfc. At range 1 they got opportunity fire, but otherwise they didnt shoot.

12. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

hey guys, I was wondering if you had added code to allow promotions to improve bombard accuracy?

I assume that bombard accuracy does not effect the iair stuff from the original bts code?

basically in my mod, I have ranged bombard using the iair code from bts, that lets me set damage and range for ranged attacks, and I would love to add an accuracy mechanic, especially if promotions can improve accuracy.

I used Oppurtunity fire from your mod and modded it so that it worked with iair (I am not sure if it works 100% or not, it only seems to wor when a unit moves from 1 in range square to another in range square) But anyway...I have waffled...

13. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

DCM promos would be a great addition.

I have noticed that the AI doesn't seem to use the range bombard code or the airbomb missions. Something to improve in the future. Not something I am working on now, but more or less brainstorming on.

14. mrlitu

mrlitu Chieftain

hello! I have a problem with the new version. 2.4. the problem is I do not text entries appear to load the mod. with version 2.3 was perfect but not now. Could you tell me whether revising or I have to install something extra? thanks

15. xaster

xaster Warlord

uhhhu
    I am still using the DCM319v22 and integrated in my private MOD.
    How can i easy update to DCM319v24 ???

I read the BBAI has been removed .... is there a reason for it or you have found a better option for v24 ???

16. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

I removed BBAI to make it as much as a standalone as possible for easier mod integration/revision. If you want to update to 2.4, please merge the mod with the old one. You will no longer need any of the BBAI xml/python/C++ portions.

17. xaster

xaster Warlord

I try to merge it but result in an desaster.
    Game crashes at startup.
    Fixed an XML issue - than english is only working in menu . arrrg
    load scenario game crash. It seems i need to strip the complete old DCM319v22
    at first and add DCM319v24 after this what a nightmare. But after this the BBAI is missing :crazyeye:

May you can release an V24 version including
    last version of BBAI ( I think ist is BBAI 1.01 patch v1.7 ) ????

EDIT
    just an additional question. It it possible to use the last BBAI and DCM as stand alone. So including both mods and run it at the same time.
    May this is difficult because both using a custom dll.
    what a pain.

Perhaps it will be cool to have DCM and BBAI combined in one mod to add ......

18. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

I have the BBAI+DCM mod on my PC. v 2.2 & 2.3 I think. I can release them in an update later. There are alot of people using KMOD now so want to amke DCM as user friendly as possible. It is much easier for me to mod as well this way.

19. xaster

xaster Warlord

my bad ...... looks like all AI Mods like K-MOD, BBAI using an customer game dll.
    no idea how to merge this with DCM with his own dll.
    I was very happy when the DCM v22 was released because this combine an AI mod with the great advanced actions. :sad:

20. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

soon ill do a merge of kmod and stolenarys dale version.