1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by stolenrays, Sep 21, 2011.

1. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

I managed to get opportunity fire to work in OGI 3.00, along with most of the rest of DCM. As for opportunity fire, I don't believe there is any Python required to make it work. There is some XML to consider in at least the following files:

CIV4NewConceptInfos.xml
    CIV4UnitInfos.xml

2. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

what is in the unitinfo file that is needed? other than making things have ranged combat?

3. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Any new or modified bombard capable units that you may add to the game, will utilize opportunity fire. The CIV4UnitInfos.xml file is where you add them.

4. Lib.Spi't

Yeah done that, is this version of ranged bombard different to the standard iaircombat version? Cause I have added everything I can find but it is just not working..

5. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

I think you might be confusing ranged bombardment for siege units, with air units. Check your XML settings for the siege units, archer units and naval units, not the air units.

Also check the CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml file to make sure the INTERFACEMODE_ABOMBARD and INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD settings are correct.

6. Lib.Spi't

ah so it is actually a completely different system to the standard BTS range bambardment for land units..

so I found a reference in the archers to bomb accuracy, is the strength determined by the standard combat strength?

So I have to merge all the DCM stuff in order to get oppurtunity fire to work.. RATS

7. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

For Archers, the strength is determine by the iCombat value. However, Siege units also consider Collateral Damage.

I don't believe merging all the DCM stuff was necessary to get oppurtunity fire to work. I believe it is possible to get oppurtunity fire to work independently of the rest of DCM. I won't be looking at DCM for OGI again until DCM ver 2.3 is released.

8. Lib.Spi't

well, I mean I need to merge the bombard elements, but i think i will just see if i can mod the code to work with the standard iaircombat range system over the DCM one, I prefer to have a ,e;ee and range strength than only one strength value

9. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

10. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Looking forward to ver 2.3 :)

11. Lib.Spi't

Hey guys, I managed to get opp fire working, but it doesn't how I thought it would..

They only fire.when a unit moves from 1 in range square to another in range square, it doesn't fire when they first enter range is this intentional?

12. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

Thanks. Changed the Gameoptions to use yours Orion. I like the ability to compartmentalize the options. I think it simplifies things without having to mess with the xml.

I also noticed that you added 1 + to the randomchance code of the airbombing missions. Any reason for this?

I'me also removing the redundant Defines xml entries for route bombing.

13. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yes there is a reason. If you use the getSorenRandNum(100) function, it produces numbers 0-99. I use the (1 +) to get 1-100, instead of 0-99. Its a preference thing.

Example:
    Code:
    iCount = (1 + GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(iCount, "Choose plane"));

14. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

Tested the new merge with autoplay to 200 turns. No CTDs. Just an art ommission I have to fix.

I'm starting to wonder now why range bombardment was written as a seperate code instead of incorporating it into range strike by adding a check for DOMAIN_LAND.

15. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Probably because they wanted to test each part separately. Its easier to isolate problems that way. Plus, you are looking at the difference between air and ground attacks.

16. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

I see. I checked it and it is fine now. I'll post it when I can.

So BBAI has a Change Player feature and Dale's Civ Changer does too? Are they the same? Seem kind or redundant.

Anyhow maybe the mod might be better off with just the combat stuff in it, because the K-Mod seems to be a very popular base now.

17. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

For the longest time, I couldn't get Change Player/Civ Changer to work. But necessity is the mother of invention and I needed the capability for testing. The result is Civ Changer is now available in OGI, which I believe will become the mod of choice for many, due to its unique capabilities. DCM is an essential part of OGI, but in your stand alone version, Change Player is just a nice to have and is not really necessary.

18. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

19. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

well done stolnrays

u rock.

20. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Outstanding. I will test it out and start working on an update to OGI 3.00. :goodjob: