Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

awesome! I actually meant the python stuff. I'm no good at it.:D

there was a mod that had sdk for autoplay that had a button in it that you press on the main screen for auto play if anyone knows of it may be i can pull it out of sdk for us to use not sure what mod its in. anyone who can help here please do thankyou

Playing it for some time, and I think there's a little problem with A-Bombers, seem like anyone can build them once Manhattan project is finished, even if they are lacking tech to build normal Bombers. Can't say if it happens every time, this is first playtrough when I got this far ahead to notice it. I was kind of suprised to be nuked by enemy that can't even build Airships :D.

Actually Do not change the mod. The Atomic Bomber should simply be considered an Atomic Bomb delivery system, be it Artillery, Suitcase or whatever.

Why do you think they said when they created the Atomic bomb they let the genie out of the bag and it can never be replaced.

I think requirements could be same as for regular Bombers, Flight and Radio. As @kiwitt said, bomber is just delivery system

I believe leave it as is ... i.e. default Civ IV settings

Sorry Orion about the wait. Trying my best.

@Dacubz -Test of Time from DPII has a working assault mission, which lets a transport helicopter drop off a soldier in the field. However, I think it is only halfway complete because you can't pick anybody up. In addition, it also uses the old rebase icon.

Nonetheless, it is very interesting.

wow that does sound interesting, I have air cav units that are just helicopters with different stats, but proper transport drop off would be cool, I was thinking about doing an upgrade system, where the heli 'changes' to the unit and back again, but i figured it would just confuse the AI.

Now to my real reason for commenting, how much code is involved in the oppurtunity fire?

it is something that would be great to have in my mod, is it a load of DLL files or just a couple?

Now to my real reason for commenting, how much code is involved in the oppurtunity fire? it is something that would be great to have in my mod, is it a load of DLL files or just a couple?

There are at least 3 SDK files modified for Opportunity Fire:

1. CvUnit.h
2. CvUnit.cpp
3. CvPlayer.cpp

DL the mod and look for "Dale - SA: Opp Fire" in the specified files.

It was a bit more complicated, there are so.e needed references in some more files that weren't seperately marked, I am trying to track them all and add, but it's a tricky one :/

Edit: Ok So I think I have successfully addd the sdk (fingers crossed nothing explodes!) I was wondering, what from python and xml is needed for Opp Fire if anything? I am having a look through now, but I thought I would check with you guys incase I miss something, or you say nothing :D I always like when the answer is nothing :D

The only thing I can think of would be some text? But I am thick!

RATS! I don't get any errors, but it does not seem to be working...I did a search through all the asset files for FIRE and added a few lines of stuff here and there, but it does not seem to have done anything, most of it was text, and one was in altdefines...

Top Bottom