• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DaNES I: At the Precipice

I know this is absurdly late to ask, but can you explain the Chinese government to me? It says "absolute monarchy" but there is a prime minister, who seems to have some power, so it doesn't appear to be too "absolute." Is there also some Parliamentesque body as well?

Lurker's Comment: It's an absolute monarch in the sense that the Prime Minister is the spectre of power for the Emperor; personally speaking, Chinese Monarchies were never absolute but more like "Divine Bureaucratic Monarchies."

If history is the same and so are the ideals, there would be no Parliamentary bodies of any form with "Western" elections ;)

Lurker's Comment: It's an absolute monarch in the sense that the Prime Minister is the spectre of power for the Emperor; personally speaking, Chinese Monarchies were never absolute but more like "Divine Bureaucratic Monarchies."

If history is the same and so are the ideals, there would be no Parliamentary bodies of any form with "Western" elections ;)

That's what I figured since Dr. Sun Yat-sen is still in exile. However, the title "Prime Minister" threw me because it is associated in my mind with a Parliamentary form of government.

Lurker's Comment: Well, historically the Chinese Dynasties (a notable exception being the Ming) had a Prime Minister who dealt with the day to day issues. Prime Minister is the best translation at least, that or Chancellor but it seems that Prime Minister is the one more commonly used.

We all learn something new everyday :)

To: China and Japan

Please allies of the Entente action is needed from your armies if we are to win. Mobilization is needed.

Wow...

I dont like being on the northern US border anymore. if they can do that to mexico in one turn, they can easily do all but one or two inuit resistors.

Peace at the 48th? ;)

Wow...

I dont like being on the northern US border anymore. if they can do that to mexico in one turn, they can easily do all but one or two inuit resistors.

Peace at the 48th? ;)

Belgium will personally see the downfall of Canada!

Belgium will be defeating any French counter attacks! Why don't you get on AIM anymore?

Belgium can rot :p. Anywho, seeing that Kal did the same exact thing he did when deciding to attack in LINES, it wasn't very surprising (except that I'm even still alive :)). Anywho, I just switched to cable and I'm having to remember log on.

My, the pacifist Triple Alliance is mighty aggressive ;). Any, not that it will matter much, but I'll attempt orders soon.

Im just as scared of Belgium as Greece....

If statistics meant everything...

Also, I'd like to see Belgium a) GET to canada, crossing through French and British waters, or going such a long route we'd know you were coming.

Finally, I'd like to see you fighting us in Churchill Manitoba. -40° (anything but K, C and F are the same here) weather in the winter, with (on REALLY bad days without) Windchill. yeah. have fun in that.

If statistics meant everything...

Also, I'd like to see Belgium a) GET to canada, crossing through French and British waters, or going such a long route we'd know you were coming.

Finally, I'd like to see you fighting us in Churchill Manitoba. -40° (anything but K, C and F are the same here) weather in the winter, with (on REALLY bad days without) Windchill. yeah. have fun in that.

Belgium is cold in the winter too. I also have deBruyn!!!!!

Brussels - Temperatures range from highs of around 80°F (27°C) in summer to 45°F (7°C) during the middle of winter. Snow is possible, but not frequent, in winter.

Gulf Stream has a moderating effect on weather. Dont they teach you anything in Geo classes?

Canada on the other hand, has the labrador current, cooling our winters.

Think russia-germany in 1941, with a little less extreme.

Well....bugger! I didnt collapse but I might as well have considering the grand victories of the Triple Alliance.

Impending doom counter: 1 turn

If you wish to add troops to your reserves, not your standing army, you can acquire double the number of units per eco point.
According to this, half of my reserves are missing.

Flipping Heck! That's not what was supposed to happen.

Oh well. Bitter resistance till the end!

Top Bottom