Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Danmacsch, Jul 31, 2014.
Please try your best to release more civs!
I'm glad you think so . Hopefully it won't disappoint too much.
Oh, wow, I had no idea that you were possibly looking at doing Western Xia. That was a civ I'd been hoping to see, so if it would help get that civ out, I'd be more than happy to do research, pedias, design help, etc. for them.
Yeah, I would love to help too for the western Xia civ.
Congrats on the Ethiopia split! 6 in 1 has to be some kind of record, I swear...
Ethiopian civilization pack released (some hours ago, but whatever)! This release has been underway for so long I can't even remember when I started considering it - years ago! It definitely feels as an accomplishment to finally be able to present it to you guys. I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without all the help, assistance and encouragement I've gotten from, well, a whole lot of people, but maybe particularly Chrisy15, TranquilSilence and TPangolin. Also HoopThrower who has scoured the web for tracks that could be used as peace and war themes - that has likely been a journey in itself. For additional credits, see the respective infographics. I may have forgotten someone, which I apologize for in advance, but let me know and I'll add you. Also also, link to reddit post.
Now without further interruptions:
This is awesome! I was really anticipating your split but this is even better then I expected! You have put more work in this then is technically needed for a split and I think a lot of people can appriciate that. Congratulations on the release, these are really unique civs, all bringing something new to the table. Beta Israel is my favorite so far before trying!
Wow, this is seriously impressive!!! All very unique it seems so can't wait to try. Beta Israel feels like a bonus since wasn't on the wikia
Yea, that's because Beta Israel was done very quickly to solve the issue of the infographic being asymetrical yea that's right I got to tell the story this time
:dusanlad: :Ivanlad: :etclad:
Updated Corsica, Araucanía and Patagonia, Denmark and Denmark-Norway. Faroe Islands are next on the list.
Thanks for the updates.
Thanks for still releasing/updating Civ5 civs! As update to Faroe Islands is on your list, please find below a bugreport, hope useful. I'm using mods:
CP v88 8-23
DMS The Faroe Islands (v5) (playing as)
- UA: When a trireme or grindadrap start in a city they don't get +2 movement. When in own territory water tile the movement points do go up by +2. However, the 1st move of the grindadrap always costs 2 movement points (?), moving the trireme works well. When friendly with a city-state and when on their watertiles, the +2 movement bonus is not applied.
- UA: Frequency and/or duration of Pilot Whales seems a bit low? In appr. 80 turns my capital just had Pilot Whales for 2 turns.
- UB: The Seydamadur doesn't provide +2 food per unworked edible bonus resource. Where should it be shown - as bonus on the building?
- UB: The extra resource because of sources of sheep doesn't show on neutral map tiles (e.g. Tundra with Sheep remains just 1 Food), only after tiles are within your territory do you see additional resources.
- UU: When the Grindadrap improves, it gets all movement points back. Also the improvement is done instantly (vs several turns as described). Option might be to give it work charges like RtP Peasant and afterwards have it become a military unit or a unit that blocks Pilot Whales from migrating away?
Attached the logs, just in case.
Will you also do South Africa or other mods I see you worked on like Greenland or Ainu?
In the first post, you state that your mods support YNEAMP and JFD Patch. Do you mean JFD YNEAMP v24? Is it exactly a patch or the whole map pack? The reason why I ask is that Rwanda does not appear in the menu even if it has support for it.
Thanks for the report I know there's a bunch of issues with FI, which is why I saved that update for last. Your logs are much appreciated.
I will get to South Africa eventually, yes, but idk when/if TPang will upload it. I can share an updated version here though. Greenland is on the list too. Re Ainu, I wasn't aware it needed any updates?
I mean both YNAEMP base, v23 and v24. Rwanda should have support, but there might be an error in the modsupport file I'm not aware of. Which map or maps are they not appearing on?
It does not appear on the giant Earth map if I enable all your civ mods, but it does when I only enable it.
On the Ainu: had posted report earlier on the LITE thread but guess that's turned inactive. Just did quick run with them again, below the comments and logs:
CP v88 8-23
Ainu v1 (playing as)
- UA: Captured Settler and Worker do not provide yields (when military units are killed they do provide yields)
- UU: Matagi Archer. In description it says "weaker but faster (more movement)". However, it has the exact same attributes as regular Archer. The food and culture bonus works though.
- UB: Heper Set. Does not allow internal trade route – to move food.
- The mod does not automatically install via Steam
Will see if I can provide similar report & logs for SA and Greenland soon. Appreciate you updating them. Although via Steam would be most ideal, already having the opporunity to manually install a fixed version would be awesome!
I believe you are in the wrong thread for the Ainu. It was created by Light From the East.
It is, yes, but I wrote a lot of the code and was in on the development process in general. And since Light In The East (LITE) is now practically (unfortunately) an inactive modding team, reports can go to me just fine .
I'll see what I can do. When you're saying the mod doesn't actually install via Steam, you mean it isn't actually downloaded from the workshop or the civ5mod file isn't extracted automatically?
Reports on South Africa and Greenland can go here just fine as well - I assume TPang and Neirai are okay with this.
Re updating on Steam, I'm not sure it'll be possible at least not regarding the Ainu since regalman (who did the upload iirc (or was it COF?)) has completely retired from civ modding. But again, I'll see what I can do.
I recall that my two main issues with South Africa were the CTD upon trying to let the game unpack the .civ5mod (unsubscribing and unpacking a manual download with 7zip worked fine), and the fact that having the mod active let anyone build their dummy Courthouse.
It does download via Steam, but then doesn't extract automatically. It stays a zip-file in the MODS folder.
Separate names with a comma.