Darknes: The Darkest Hour

Btw das, you could PM me my position in the army. Oh and I would appreciate if yo ucould come up with some cool name for me...

At present I have three field marshalls - Kentharu, alex994 and andis-1. I also intend to add Icmancin as an admiral if I get a fleet. Sorry TerrisH - they came earlier, and I'm out of military posts for the moment at least.

The updated map and the final changes should be up tuesday.

Btw- Would it be better if I did first update next friday or wednesday?

Probably Friday as I will be busy on Wednesday. ;) Plus the first turn at least shall require lots of time due to the greater-than-usual need for planning.

Andis, do you really want me to name you? :p

Since Iggy PM'd me his approval, I will presume Team Austria-Hungary is go. With that, if all applicable Field Marshalls would check their PM boxes, we can begin.

das said:
Probably Friday as I will be busy on Wednesday. ;) Plus the first turn at least shall require lots of time due to the greater-than-usual need for planning.

Andis, do you really want me to name you? :p
Yes, I do. I'm that lazy ;)

If das does not get a fleet position, I'll take the CIC of the Ottoman Empire. I hope that I can get a position as the Admiral as my skills are below average at the moment and I would like to improve them rather than sending thousands of Turks to their doom in Armenia or in a fruitless attempt across the Sinai. Is it true that muskets (or rifled muskets) were still employed in the Turkish Army during WWI? I read it somewhere but I don't know if it's true or not.

That seems rather unlikely... Plus the Turks did do surprisingly well in OTL. But I'd much rather have you as an admiral, and this has nothing at all to do with the fact that I don't think that the sea war will be of any real importance for Russia early on. ;)

Silly people, you don't train and get better by serving under others, you do so by challenging them! Otherwise how else can you become better than them ;)

By learning all their strengths, cataloging all their weaknesses, and then dispatching them, Sith Lord style? :p Err... wait. I'm watching you lot! Don't think I'm not! ;)

In other words, become moderators, or at least commanders-in-chief (as orders go through them) and then steal other people's ideas for use in other NESes. ;)

Operating under somebody is every bit as ideal an environment for observing them as operating over them. Moreso, in fact, unless the leader simply does not interact with his subordinates whatsoever, in which case there's probably not much of value to be learned from him. :p

Still, more could be learned from above, where you also see the bigger picture, and have access to the orders of several subordinates. I somewhat doubt that all the commanders-in-chief would actually bother showing their orders to their subordinates - only give them some general instructions.

That makes for a rather poorly informed General Staff, in my opinion. Then again, most of my tricks lie outside the scope of the orders this NES requires, so I'm not too concerned. ;)

Dark, i'm BEGGING you, PLEASE PLEASE let me be the CiC of Montenegro. PLEASE!!!!!

Dark, i'm BEGGING you, PLEASE PLEASE let me be the CiC of Montenegro. PLEASE!!!!!

C'mon, be realistic- I need a British C-i-C! Someone, anyone, step up for the task ;]. Anyways, Swiss, be Serbian- its just about the same ;).

EDIT: C'mon people. I still see four or five people lurking around out there- just join already ;]. You don't have to take a major positon- Ottomans, Serbians, and Bulgarians are nearly completly open. Consider it a chance to improve your tactics ;).

Dammit, why didn't you hear me when I asked for a post in the Kreigsmarine?

*sigh*

Okay, here are my choices by order of preference: -

Stephan Labsch von Overbeck - Kreigsmarine (that's Imperial German Navy for you..)

General Edmund Blackadder - BEF Field Marshall

General Sir Edmund Blackadder - Royal Armed Forces CiC

Dammit, why didn't you hear me when I asked for a post in the Kreigsmarine?

I believe not. My apologies. As for the first, you'll have to await Panda's decision, second I believe all the British field marshalls have been filled, but you'd be more thank welcome to take the C-i-C if Panda refuses you. ;).

Top Bottom