1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DarthNES II - Superpowers Redux

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by DarthNader, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: Norway

Just watch us. Kill your citizens, we mean. Watch that.

2. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

To: Russian Federation

We wish to remind the Russian Federation that the murder of civilians as means to force an enemy army to surrender is against all the laws of war, not to mention an admission of being unable to fight the enemy on fair terms.

3. Lord of Elves

There are no laws of war. The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must. The Norwegians are prolonging their suffering by not accepting our gift of freedom and liberation.

Therefore they receive nothing more than what they deserve.

4. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

This is a war game. The purpose of a war game is war. Beating up an NPC isn't entertaining. Methodically picking apart a player, kept alive only because the mod feels like being nice...

...that is what is best in life.

While my strategy is refined somewhat, the circumstances of the actual conflict are different. In the original I was able to trade a fleet for two army containers, which let me one-two punch Brazil and outmaneuver them. Here, I was in the opposite situation, as Darth has the starting unit buy set up differently. This both help and hurt me. On one hand, I judged that manually buying a second army wasn't worthwhile. On the other, my opposition didn't come to this conclusion. So I had one beefy, highly maneuverable army, while he had two smaller ones.

One of which is now gone.

He'd also chosen to go after Chile instead of Paraguay or Uruguay. Probably my fault, but I'm not in the mood for delicate diplomacy. If he had gone after one of my neighbors I'd have been able to destroy his main field army much easier.

The other hiccup was that Darth is a dick about redeployment, as I'd banked on being able to deploy the air force to the front lines. With proper air superiority I'd have absolutely creamed the Argentines. I'll have that next turn instead, as their air force will need to redeploy out of the way of my army or it will be crushed.

Speaking of Russia and Europe, I'd like to point out that your starting strategies are absolutely terrible. You've both overstretched massively in Norway and Cyprus, and the only reason you're not going to pay heavily for it is because your principal opposition (Russia/Europe) has done the same. But if you hadn't, you'd be able to secure early supremacy. You've both lost a fantastic opportunity.

Finally, more people should care about how China, Russia, and Japan are allied.

5. Lord of Elves

I find all this OOC discussion of strategy and intent to be self-defeating. Rest assured there are very good reasons why what has been done was done.

6. DarthNader

DarthNader Destroyer of Worlds

This is the 6 hour warning.

So far I only have orders from UAR, India, China, and Nigeria. Get your orders in!

7. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

You can add me to the list!

8. Lord of Elves

It will be physically impossible for me to send orders before late in the EST tonight, but rest assured, I do intend to send them.

9. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Nuts. :D

10. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Glad to see this re-started. Subscribing!

Hey, can I be India or Mexico?

11. DarthNader

If either of them open up, sure.

12. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Well, I thought that at least Mexico was free judging from your second to last post. Oh well...

13. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Begging the GM's pardon, orders coming just as soon as this household runs out of chores to give me.

14. DarthNader

Some of you just got a lucky break. My aging, piece-of-sh*t computer has decided to stop working, and all the files I need to update are on it. I have ordered a new one and it is supposed to be delivered sometime on Monday. The absolute soonest I can begin updating is Tuesday, after I set up the thing and transfer all my files. You all have until Tuesday to get orders in.

I will not, under any circumstances, accept orders after Tuesday.

@Gelion - Derp. Yeah, Mexico is yours.

15. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Thanks! This gives me time to read, write and get an agreemeent with USA ;)

16. Amesjay

Amesjay Warlord

To: World
    CC: Austral Union

There has been much discussion between President Lauren Ayers of the Austral Union and Prime Minister Mukesh Aravind Mullur of the Republic of India. I am now glad to announce the cementing of the friendship between these through the Austral-Indian Alliance (AIA).

Both countries will adhere to the following conditions:

-Mutual Defence Pact (Each nation will provide economic and/or military aid to another allied nation if they are attacked by nations not included in this alliance)

-Joint Space Program (Both countries shall participate in a joint Austral-Indian Space program via funding and/or research provided by both countries)

-Any or all of the conditions may be changed in the future and new conditions may be added when agreed to by those nations involved.

Signed, Prime Minister Mukesh Aravind Mullur, Leader of the Republic of India.

17. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Que pasa amigos? Here’s new President of Mexico espeakin’. We be starting a new era in history of Mexico. With tequila and chikkas. Very nice ey? I came back from a trip to US of A and want to be making some shanges to our glorious nation of Mexico. First we gonna be stopping the export of 12 year old children to Merika... Them b-es need to stay home and work factories. Nice idea ey? Then, we be needin some nice cloths, like dis guy here. From now on everyone be wearing very nice clothes. Girls no be need to wear clothes! Dis be fun! For three we be needin some high tech stuff. With children at factories workin' we be selling out new Mexican oil to de whole world! Like dis parents can drink tequila, smoke pot and eat tacos add day! Nice plan ey? I like it. Support my three point plan. Or be shot!

El Presidente of Mexico, Jose Maria Pedro Sebastian Fernando Lucia Ricardo Juan el Sombrero

18. Gelion

Gelion Captain

To: The Holy Father el President Peter Joseph I
    From: El Presidente of Mexico Carlos Stefano Alexandro Pepe Laura Diego el Sombrero

Hi Father! Remember our sexy time in St. Saint University of America? Well, guess what? I got elected too! Well not really I had to kill some guy called Juan Carlos De Los Parlotes De Amadeo y Monterrey III or some stuff and after that it was easy. Anyways. You be Christian me be Christian. Lets, how you say, wipe each oth... <sorry my corrector is saying something to be>... yeah lets be friends. I got cactus factories and no workers (all the children seemed to have died) so I be needin' some slaves. You got a few from the North how about I sell you cactus wine for some Arab slaves?

To: President Samuel A. Harris
    From: El Presidente of Mexico George Hose Ferdinando Juan Montmorency Maria el Sombrero

Hi big brother! Our previous leader died horribly somehow (chocked on some bullet-proof tacos they say), but we be willing to do everything he did. A NAP or a mutual defense pact might be in order. Just look at that huge Asian alliance, we need to work together or we'll have some idiot from Khazakstan ruling us soon.

To Afrikaans:

Peace brother!

OOC: Regarding the Norway invasion I think it is quite plausible. In the context of limited "balace of power" Russia can take on such a small nation as Norway without much problem. Plus, considering its 20 years to the future the logisctics might have improved. Same could be said for an invasion of Madagascar I guess ;)

19. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

The first of three stories set during the last update.

"Well, ****balls," proclaimed Cpt Lorenzo de Jong, II Army. Nobody heard him over the explosion of his car.
    FLASHBACK!
    A motorcade that gleamed as much as anything brown can wound its way through the Argentine countryside. Soldiers cracked spunky jokes. Overhead, Argentine strike fighters soared unopposed. The whole atmosphere was one of extreme confidence.
    De Jong's truck, in the lead, was roughly a quarter of a kilometer from the top of the rise as the strike fighters overtook them, diving out of sight. Large explosions could be heard, and the fighters, climbed away for another pass.
    De Jong topped the rise, and fiery death rose to meet him.
    The Brazilians, it seemed, were more numerous than the reports had led them to believe. Though smoke rose in many places from where the strike fighters had made their mark, scores of cannons and other armament were pointed at where the Argentines crested the hill. Private Luis Montoya, de Jong's driver, spun the wheel mightily. Now they jounced off the road, but fortunately were not hit. Most others were not so lucky. Trucks began exploding, and those behind began to bunch up. The proactive drivers swarmed off the road and began driving through a field to the top of the hill. The people in the trucks stuck behind the stricken trucks hopped out and began picking their way toward the enemy. Montoya wrenched the wheel hard again as a shell exploded in front of them, and they cornered on two wheels. A company of tanks detached themselves from the main Brazilian force and headed toward them. Machine gun fire sprayed the area around them, and Montoya spun the wheel again. The truck tipped over, flipped once, as machine guns continued to fire.
    The truck lay upside down, and de Jong undid his seatbelt. The others did the same, and they scrambled out the windows away from the tanks. He surveyed the three people beside him.
    "Where's other Raoul?" he asked. Then he saw the blood spattered on Montoya's cheek. "Alright. Everyone else okay? Proper Raoul? Luis? Federico?" He was interrupted by the screams of oncoming fighters, as they obliterated the approaching tanks. Everyone sighed in relief, only to be interrupted by a helicopter tossing a missile into their abandoned truck.
    "Well, ****balls," proclaimed de Jong.
    FLASHBACK HAS CAUGHT UP TO PRESENT! END FLASHBACK!
    The four scrambled away, as a little cannon atop an infantry carrier distracted the helicopter. The radio on Sgt Raoul Gamelin's shoulder was filled with orders to regroup at some checkpoint or other. The Brazilians began to move, too, in the direction of the checkpoint - clearly they were listening in. De Jong held up a hand, and they stopped. Gradually they climbed back up the hill to the mass of cars. Finding one abandoned in the mess, they pushed another out of the way with the bumper and roared off. Behind them could be heard the screams of trapped soldiers as they were killed and captured. The general's voice on the radio was silenced; they drove south.

20. Lord of Elves

OOC: Again, I also see no issue with the idea that without military interference, Russia would be able to supply and propagate an invading force across the negligible distance of the Baltic Sea. People crying foul in Norway, assuming there are any other than Omega, are missing the broader picture that 1. there is no reason why a Russian invasion of Norway should be impossible or impractical 2. this NES specifically encourages bolt-from-the-blue aggression and warmongering against NPC states that can't effectively fight back.