Day 1 patch notes 21 oktober

RohirrimElf

Emperor
I`ve got 2 questions:

- How old (weeks) is the build Quill and the other youtubers are playing on right now?
- Will there be an update with the changes made when civ 6 launches on 21 oktober?

I`m particularly interested in the issues veteran players will face watching the YouTube video`s. Like teching to fast, Ai not building enough units to defend, turn times etc. I`m sure new/casual players will enjoy the game. But i have my doubts if i could enjoy the game in the first 3 months or so. Challenging myself on the higher difficulties.

I would be very surprised if Firaxis issued a change log for differences between this preview build and the final game.

1) It's over a few weeks old. Tubers got it a week before they went public.

2) Undoubtedly. There's hardly a PC game release that doesn't have a Day 1 patch any more. Will it fix the observed issues? No one will know until Oct. 21.

It's a prebuild, no changelog needed technically... Writing Bull uses 1.0.0.1166(217775). I therefore assume everybody does. Is there a practice or method to tell the number of builds from there to release build?

Actually, those numbers probably aren't arbitrary, but wouldn't be meaningful outside of Firaxis (and maybe 2K). They are probably used for version control and tracking changes (and from the example Stilgar08 provided the part in parentheses looks very much like a p4 changelist number).

That conjecture aside, Acken is right, the only really agreed upon convention seems to be that the release version is 1.0.

Top Bottom