Deity WvO

Hindsight, but didn't you won the game with Rifles? You could have whipped Theaters and used the culture slider.

Yes, I took out 3 AIs, out of 4, with Riflemen.
Possibly, drafting would have allowed a greater production burst AND a simultaneous, 2 fronts invasion against Lincoln and Saladin.
I surely would have been in an ok shape to fight that 2 fronts war. I'm not sure it would have been (much) better, though, as I think it would have delayed Lincoln's capitulation.
Getting into a successful 2 fronts war is the only way that Drafting could have gotten me a better win. I think.

Theatres aren't a whip building for a CRE leader ;) They're done in 1-2 turns.
I'm not fond of using the culture slider for happiness at all. The loss in commerce is immense and the additional culture useless.
I did that for 2 or 3 turns, this game, and it was the first time in ages.

Overall, I don't think missing on the draft cost me much.
Drafting, I'd have the greatest trouble switching (for example) into State Property.
However, I do agree I'd have gained by being more agressive. Maybe the Aztec war was a little too slow and surely I could have transitioned faster to war vs Lincoln & Saladin. At that point, with a large tech lead, possibly getting into a 2 fronts war.

Thinking back about it, at that point (when I invaded Lincoln and had to choose my 2nd target), my main concern was to manoeuver around the Apostolic Palace.
Speed wasn't.

:)

EDIT : overall, I think I'd have gained more by whipping canons harder (thus delaying Rifling) to invade Lincoln faster.
However, I'd have run a greater risk with the AP. As it went, I invaded Lincoln only a couple of turns after he switched into Free Religion (denying him resolutions).
Of course, with better knowledge of the AP mechanics, I might have gotten him to switch into Free Religion much earlier... hmmm...
Yes, surely there was room for improvement in that sequence.

Top Bottom