1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleatur's 1st Pitboss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by deleatur, Mar 25, 2007.

1. JMaltman

JMaltman Prince

Patched and ready. :)

(DirectX first - using Gyathaar (sp?)'s link from the Warlords board thread... the other one didn't work for me.

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I think we can get started with no objections so far.

3. Johnhs

Johnhs Warlord

Patched and rdy.

4. deleatur

deleatur Warlord

We are back up and running. I did a restart from the turn flip at 820 BC. The only save I had left only two hours for two players to try and get a move in.

Game on

5. basmans_grob

basmans_grob Chieftain

Hi guys,

amh52 has offered to sub me for the 7-21st August while I'm on my hols!

Thanks amh52.

6. JMaltman

JMaltman Prince

Enjoy the holiday! :)

7. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and did a double move. Is it possible to revert the game back to the beginning of the current turn. That should take away the second part of my move. Sorry guys. :cowboy:

8. bjarkekr

bjarkekr King

guess it was my ass that was burned :)

But nice to see you observe it and report it yourself. A reload to start of turn would be nice. :goodjob:

9. bjarkekr

bjarkekr King

Well just got in now.. And you didnt really do any damage, did you maydrock?

If no harm is done then we dont need reload.

10. deleatur

deleatur Warlord

I did the reload already. Sorry for any problems this may cause.

And lets watch those double moves Maydrock.

Shame....shame...shame :p

11. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

I spit at the uber archer on the hill. :D

12. JMaltman

JMaltman Prince

Carefully monitoring the DM situation. :)

13. deleatur

deleatur Warlord

Somehow my part of a stack of doom was teleported out of enemy territory allowing my enemy to gut my allies part part of the stack. This happened when my enemies ally declared war on me. Something is wrong in the code. I am forced to reload since my enemy (not realizing what happened) gutted my allies stack. So I will reload in the next hour or so from the end of the turn. If the glitch occurs again when my enemies ally declares war on me again then we will all back off and declare peace for ten turns and hope that fixes the situation. It is to bad it occured because it interrupted some great play between Jmaltman, Firefox, kmac33, bjarkekr and myself. It doesn't matter who wins this war it was fun to take part in it. (Ah who am I kidding if I don't win I am going to be a whinning biatch about the whole thing.)

14. JMaltman

JMaltman Prince

I think this is what the situation is...

Ex. A/B are at war with C, and have a stack of units in C's territory. D has open borders with C, and places one of his units in the same space as A/B's stack. D declares war on B, and then the computer's weird way of resolving it is to treat it as if B declared war on D while having units in D's territory - so teleporting them out to the nearest neutral or friendly space.

Given that this seems to have a big effect on the war... I think that would be considered an exploit, and on reload you demand that the one who caused it to move his units out from that stack before declaring war? Then everything can be resolved normally.

15. basmans_grob

basmans_grob Chieftain

War is declared and the battle cries ring out.

The Greeks have put up with the French aggressiton long enough and will not stand for the vile insults that have been thrown their way.

The field of blood will decide who is the man and who is the boy.

16. Phabuk

Phabuk Warlord

Basman, this is pure propaganda... I was not here during the summer and I am not sure that the person who did replace me has insulted you and your people... You and you alone wanted to go to war!

Now, I didn't have time to play my turn yesterday because the uploader was disconnected and I thought that the game was also stopped (I don't remember if I try to launch the game). You have the advantage in this war and it will be very hard for me, but I will fight till the end!

17. basmans_grob

basmans_grob Chieftain

'I hope the dilomatic community as a whole will see though the lies spread by the those who call themselves 'The founders of the true faith' and realise that the war of French aggression is also a fight for those who are not willing to submit to their vile reglion'.

I did notice last night that when I played my turn there was only 30 mins on the clock and you hadn't moved.

Tell you what - how about I don't move my stack of Frog killing meanness this turn to give you a chance to catch up?

Oh- by the way the turn that I declared war I was the last person to move so the turn moved over. While there is no really way of proving it I can promise you that I didn't move any of my units in the 2nd turn - nor press the end of turn button until another 12 hours had passed.

18. Phabuk

Phabuk Warlord

Mais oui...

That could be very fair play!

So what ? I never said that you didn't respect the rules of the double turn or something like that, did I ?

19. basmans_grob

basmans_grob Chieftain

No no, that was not what I meant at all and I know you haven't said anything. I was just saying as an aside kind of thing.

20. basmans_grob

basmans_grob Chieftain

Rigth then. My move is made and my stack didn;t move. It might have been the best for me to be honest as I;ve just come back from the Durham beer festivial and I'm not entirely sure I hit the right keys.......