1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Demographics, Health Bonuses and Population Growth

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Praetyre, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Can that even be done for civics?

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

FYI Other than settler units the great wonder "The Great Bath of M..." gives the owner an extra pop when you settle a city. I have noticed a bug which means that it does not always go obsolete properly.

I will see if I can get the malaria part of my disease mod done this week. It is supposed to replace all terrain :yuck: with population scailling cost to grow and loss of production. I have been side tracked from this mod for to long.

3. Nevets_

Nevets_ Warlord

When I looked into it last year or so the answer seemed to be 'not without modding the dll' so it wasn't something I could test. But I would imagine it would be something like copying the code that does the per capita health bonus on aquaduct / sewers and inserting it into the civics code, and adding the appropriate tags to the schema and civics xmls.

If you wanted to, you could probably change the "city requires +% more food to grow" penalties into +0.X :yuck: / Pop too. I've noticed one problem with the food levels is when you switch civics and lose or reduce the penalty, a city that has 100 / 120 :food: stored suddenly has 100 / 60 :food: stored so it grows right away; and with granary/ice house/shaman hut/housing buildings/etc. it keeps 50-75% of that 100 :food:, and with food production next turn it has (100 * 75%)+10 = 85 / 70 :food: stored so you get two or three straight turns of growth.

If you went from 20 :health: - 30 :yuck: = -10 :food: consumed to 20 :health: - 20 :yuck: = 0 :food: consumed you'd start growing again but without a sudden population boom.