Denmark to Accept Norse God Marriages

Funny thing about crying, it is a bit like yawning, you can be affected by the people around you.
Actually, my wife's mother and grandmother had both passed away recently and that was part of the reason for the heightened emotion.
I guess onions would have been another option, I just didn't think of it.

Yeah, I heard about this over the radio. One thing I don't understand. Why is it so important with the weddings? Shouldn't it be enought that a religion is acknowledged? As Funxus says you can get married without any religious involvement in many countries nowadays. I think we should keep "the legal marriage" and "the wedding ceremonies" apart. In that case (I think) no one would be discriminated against.

But good for Denmark:D

BTW, Cimbri - is that text under your post from Hávamál?

Originally posted by funxus

I think the best way would be to only have one way to register marriage, at some state department, and then let people fix the ceremony however they want it done. Allready, you can marry without any religious involvement.

That`s how it is in Brazil. The civilian wedding is strictly separated from the religious wedding. You can make the later be recognized as the first, sure, but you can do it about any religion whatsoever.

BTW, well done Denmark. :goodjob:

Regards :).

Sweet! Thor is cool, but if only I can be married off under Zeus...:hmm:

Originally posted by test_specimen

Do you think that Skins will organise bus travels to get married in Denmark? Do Skins even get women? What are Danish laws about shotgun weddings? Is there a special exemption from the gun laws, if you want to make one?

If this religion especially attracts Nazis, the decision raises more questions than it solves.

Yes, you didnt know Hitler was a Norse worshipper?

Originally posted by archer_007

Yes, you didnt know Hitler was a Norse worshipper?

I didn't know he actually worshipped them, I just thought he used the mythology to find a basis for German nationalism. Not that he really believed in any heathen gods.

oh nice marrying for Nordic gods.Good for them but i will wait until Satanists get their marriage ;) j/k

Originally posted by Cimbri
To hell with Hitler! We cannot poo poo everything that creep decided to fancy.

Hmm. I guess pointing out the fact that Denmark has a Nazi propaganda radio station supported by state funding would be too alarmist. I guess that pointing out the fact that the Danish People's party (15 %) has ties to the Nazi party would be paranoid. I guess the constant media-harassment of Communists is only serving 'truth'. I guess that opression of the Inuit population in Greenland is for their own good. I guess that the now completed monopolization of industry will only strengten national competiveness.

Clearly all these issues are not something the ordinary citizen should concern himself with. After all the cultural struggle is something which demands far greater attention. For surely it must be so that what it means to be a Dane is something that should be decided upon by the ruling party, and not up to the individual citizen. Also it is not as if corruption has surged in society. After all the finance minister and the environmental minister are only serving their own interests. If ministers were not allowed to serve their own private interests how would anyone possibly find it worthwhile to govern the people? Of course the labour unions should be chastized for such behavior, and dismantled immediately.

What on Earth inspired you to write that?

This has hardly been given any attention here… Actually, the whole “Radio Oasen” incident is more of a hot subject.

Originally posted by test_specimen

I didn't know he actually worshipped them, I just thought he used the mythology to find a basis for German nationalism. Not that he really believed in any heathen gods.

They actully wanted to make Norse worship as the state religion, but felt the popular support would not be wide enough.

In reply to Doc

Hmm. I guess pointing out the fact that Denmark has a Nazi propaganda radio station supported by state funding would be too alarmist.
This was an incident, and their support will be taken away.
I guess that pointing out the fact that the Danish People's party (15 %) has ties to the Nazi party would be paranoid.
I do not fancy this party at all, but yes that would be paranoid.
I guess the constant media-harassment of Communists is only serving 'truth'.
Say what? The national television station(DR) has been accused for being pro-left.
I guess that opression of the Inuit population in Greenland is for their own good.
They were opressed, but they arent anymore. Its true that they have alot of social and crime problems, but they are not opressed.
I guess that the now completed monopolization of industry will only strengten national competiveness.
I presume you are refering to the Arla scandal. I am 99% there are no other monopolized markets by Danish companies.

Clearly all these issues are not something the ordinary citizen should concern himself with. After all the cultural struggle is something which demands far greater attention. For surely it must be so that what it means to be a Dane is something that should be decided upon by the ruling party, and not up to the individual citizen.
The culturial struggle got to much attention, but its unimportant since it does not affect any of the above mentioned issues.
Also it is not as if corruption has surged in society. After all the finance minister and the environmental minister are only serving their own interests. If ministers were not allowed to serve their own private interests how would anyone possibly find it worthwhile to govern the people? Of course the labour unions should be chastized for such behavior, and dismantled immediately.
I do not disagree with you on this issue.

But one more thing, what has this to do with the Asi relegion?

Exactly. Some people just like to grasp on the notion that "Hitler did this! It MUST be bad!" to speak against something they don't like.

Regardless of wheter or not the Danish government is moving in the nazi direction, the notion to grant religious status and benefits back to a religion that has existed (even if mostly un-practiced and un-followed for many years) for centuries is a good one.

Even if it's suspected the practicioner are nazi - Nazi are free to have their own religion and practice it, just like everyone else. To try to deny them their religion because they are nazi sounds suspiciously like a dictatorial policy that would have no place in modern democracy.

Top Bottom