1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Development thread for 1.5

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AbsintheRed, Jun 2, 2016.

1. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Thanks for the detailed feedback!
    It's always great to read about people playing and enjoying the mod this much! :)

Will get into updating some of the UHVs soon enough, there are already quite a few things that came up in the past few months.
    The Auld Alliance will definitely be improved in some form.
    Even though 1.5 has just been released, I will have quite some modding time during the second half of June and July, so there will be a huge number of changes in the next couple months too!
    It's a bug if the Quarry improvement didn't connect the island to your trade network.
    Actually I recently added a similar function to Realim Invictus, and I'm pretty sure it works there correctly.
    Will test it out, I'm curious what went wrong here.

2. dmd175

dmd175 Chieftain

Kudos to you, this mod is amazing, and I'm saying that having played a lot of Sengoku mod and FFH2.

Is it a bug? What I did was put a quarry on it with a road over it. How would that connect to anything, since it's surrounded by sea (yes it was in my cultural borders b/c I improved it) and has no harbor connection to another city, and no road connection.
    But does the game treat a fort - since it allows naval passage - as some type of harbor-connection? (in addition to giving the resource)

3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Thanks! But the mod is not my creation only, there were/are many other people contibuting it to as well.
    Though I did spend more time on RFCE that I would be willing to admit to any non-civver :lol:
    I added it about a year ago IIRC, the goal was to improve those annoying situations where small islands could not be proper part of your trade network.
    Actually there were questions about in the RI thread too, just wrote this a couple days ago, parts of it are probably relevant here too:

4. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

Not sure where to put this, but here is a WBS file where semi-desert terrain and accurate island features have been added to the map. The one issue with the semi-desert terrain is that I relied on the Koppen climate map for accuracy, but I did not replace any grassland or all plains tiles because that would probably affect gameplay. It was mostly added in the Levant, Northern Africa, Anatolia, and Spain. More could probably be added to balance out plains and desert tiles, but this is a start.

I did this several months ago, but I didn't save any file. There were only screenshots.

Attached Files:

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

It's perfectly fine in this thread. Thanks!

6. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Just got back into playing again, and I'm wondering about Genoa's stability map.

Genoa has Ifriqiya as Contested, which honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They did hold one island off of the coast for two centuries, but they never made inroads in mainland Tunisia, nor did they ever try. The player can own three large cities there without too much trouble in a very ahistorical way. I'd argue the province should be Foreign to them; if Sicily gets added in they're the ones with claims to Tunisia.

To balance this out, I would argue that the provinces of Thrakesion, Armeniakon, and maybe Paphlagonia in Anatolia should become Contested for Genoa. During Byzantium's decline in the 13th-15th centuries Genoa held cities like Smyrna and Samsounta for trade. If Constantinople is Contested, of which they only ever owned a quarter, Genoa should certainly have claims to the cities they owned (however briefly) in full.

The Turk and El Bogus like this.
  7. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Fair points!
    Also, I'm back from the summer vacations (arrived home yesterday), so the next modding phase will start in a couple days.
    As I already mentioned, I plan to put out 1.6 relatively soon, the following period has some bigger amount of time reserved for RFCE.

8. Bobby Martnen

Bobby Martnen Antifeminist

Not sure if this is the right thread for these questions for @AbsintheRed, but I'm not sure where else to put them.
    1. Since you're already using the Semidesert terrain from SoI, have you considered just importing the rest of the terrain graphics from it? The current setup leads to the plains and semidesert terrain looking strange when placed near each other.
    2. Are you still planning to eventually switch over to the 146x96 map you started creating in the other thread?