1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Deliverator, Feb 22, 2016.

1. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

2. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

aahaha that Basilosaurus is just great

3. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

AWESOME! A flying dragon with custom animations means that any dragon model or skin can be rigged to it. This raises the bar on fantasy mods threefold. Excellent work, Deliverator! So glad to have you active on the scene again!

I am already working with Civitar for a Triceratops rider, and the Basilosaurus makes an excellent sea monster to boot!

4. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

I still need to try rigging more bugs to the Scorpion model... But yeah, having more models with animations means more options to rig things to :D

5. bane_

Any chance we can have a huge asian kid now?

6. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

More dinosaurs added, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Raptors! :)

Spoiler :
    Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurus

Download Link

Velociraptor and Utahraptor

Download Link

7. Nomad or What

Awesome! Sigh, now if only we could access the CiV animations I could put a rider on these! :p

I could plop the Beastmaster rider animations on it, though; I would need the source .nif/.kf files to create the custom anims, however. I suppose I could always splurge and buy the game....

8. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

MMMM...I can see I probably should have written the super secret lua I've been working on lately to account for sea-domain dinos. I foretell someone called [redacted] is going to want to have those aquatic monsters in the mix. :crazyeye:

I'm just glad I otherwise wrote the lua-code to be adaptive to whatever is placed in New_Table_X and New_Table_Y rather than 'hard-coding' anywhere in the lua-file.

Are the flying dinos meant to be treated as like helicopters (hovering) in Unit-Definitions? If so I may have a second reason to need to adjust the super secret lua-file.

9. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

I wish I had a civ idea that could use dinosaurs, because these are awesome. :)

10. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Chieftain

Dinotopia, obviously.

UA: Code of Dinotopia - At Peace with Barbarians. Jungles within your Territory periodically spawn barbarian Predators (raptors and tyrannosaurs). If war is declared against you, all Barbarians within your borders convert to your side.
    UU: Skybax Rider (Scout) - Air Unit. +2 Movement. No Attack, but strong Defense and evades Melee attacks.
    UB: Geochronograph (Observatory) - Requires Rivers instead of Mountains. Gains an additional +25% Science while at Peace.

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

*nostalgia triggered*

Make it happen, Typhlomence.

12. Deliverator

The ability to export Civ V animations to Blender is coming soon with Nexus Buddy 2.3 :)

Also I can send you the source NIF/KFs with a how-to guide for WP2 conversions if you want.

Personally I'm hoping for a Lost World mod when there is a island full of dinosaurs out there somewhere for you to discover. You could maybe tie some benefits to discovering the island or killing or capturing dinosaurs... artifacts for museums, Jurassic Park wonder etc.

13. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Chieftain

How about a rare Lost World / Maple-White Land "Natural Wonder" that periodically spits out a random dinosaur unit, belonging either to Barbarians or to the Civ that owns the Natural Wonder?

14. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

Well, I would put it on my list, but this is the first time I've heard of Dinotopia, so I'd probably need someone to select the art and leader, do the 'pedias, stuff like that. :p

15. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Chieftain

16. Nomad or What

WHAAAAAAT?!? NO WAY!!! Do you realize how awesome that is? That means we could create custom units that behave in every way like a typical CiV unit except for one or two animations. Create custom tweaked animations for attacks and such, modify them in the .fxsxml file, and leave the remainder intact (my wizard and sorceress "Scout" units immediately come to mind). THIS IS HUGE. :eek: :eek2:

Yes, please! Please? Pretty please? :thanx:

17. Deliverator

You obviously missed this post... :)

18. Nomad or What

19. HeliosDisciple

HeliosDisciple Chieftain

Maybe an InGen civ?

Or, maybe instead a mod that gives a dinosaur UU to each civ based on where the dinosaur lived. Stegosaurus in known to have lived in what's now Portugal, Ankylosaurs in China, Velociraptors in Mongolia, T. Rex in America, Utahraptor in Shoshone lands... if there's a Spinosaurus model, they were from Egypt, that kind of thing.

20. bane_

That's a cool idea!