Diplomacy 5: Vanilla with a Twist

I've just realised I have no idea how to actually play diplomacy :lol:

We were supposed to know how to play before we joined the game? :twitch: I just use the pdf Lightfang linked to and read that. If I'm unsure about something I PM LF and ask him (had to do that on the first turn btw).

Charles Li can have Russia if he wants it. I'll take the next one, if there is a next one. All I'd be able to do right now is send in something random, anyway.

(Thanks for your concern, by the way. :) )

Ekolite: You're out. Why would you join a game that you had no idea how to play? At least you left before you actually had an impact on the game, so thanks for the heads up.

GoodGame: I see you clearly don't care about my little game, so whatever, you're out. And stay out. Although I'm sure you don't care.

Charles Li: You have been tapped for Russia.

New Order Deadline: Thursday, February 26, at 20:00 PST.

Note that if you don't resend orders, that I'll be keeping them. I'm also not going to update until Wednesday, February 24, at 20:00, to give you guys time to adjust your plans and retract orders if you want.

:scared: err..... (rolls bluff check). I know the rules like the back of my hand. :shifty:

:lol: I actually learned the rules from one of LF's previous Diplomacy games (that I didn't play in). And then this came up, and I reread the rules. And now I'm participating in 5 additional games via Facebook. I'm hooked

Ekolite: You're out. Why would you join a game that you had no idea how to play? At least you left before you actually had an impact on the game, so thanks for the heads up.

GoodGame: I see you clearly don't care about my little game, so whatever, you're out. And stay out. Although I'm sure you don't care.

Charles Li: You have been tapped for Russia.

New Order Deadline: Thursday, February 26, at 20:00 PST.

Note that if you don't resend orders, that I'll be keeping them. I'm also not going to update until Wednesday, February 24, at 20:00, to give you guys time to adjust your plans and retract orders if you want.

I was under the illusion that diplomacy always used the rules Izipo and BL had used, that's why :rolleyes:.

I was under the illusion that diplomacy always used the rules Izipo and BL had used, that's why :rolleyes:.

That's why you have these nifty things called rules that people post and that you should check.

Honestly, do you really think I wouldn't have looked through the rules before I actually joined? I didn't see the need to when I was just signing up for a reserve place, my assumption that I knew the rules was enough. I don't see why you're making such a big thing of it really. I'm not dropping out of the game, just from the reserve list.

Just letting you guys know that this isn't dead and that the thing preventing us from moving forward is Charles Li's inability to create a legal set of orders.

Charles, the pdf that LF linked in the OP shows exactly how to write your orders. I located the how-to section on what I wanted to do and copied the same structure for my orders.

Oh no, that's not the problem, it's that he suggests impossible moves, for example, to provinces that don't exist...

Don't worry though, I've been quite active at PMing him imploring him to fix his orders. I think by Friday he'll have it!

Guess I'll add a turn #2 face of my own then:

Are you serious?

When Good Game dropped out I was really hoping Renata or Ekolite would jump in so we could have a solid game. I mean really, there's a difference between not having a plan and being just plain dumb. While I can understand if someone couldn't understand the strategy involved or something similar (which I would be okay with), this would fall under the later in this case.

Illegal moves to provinces that don't exist. Wow... This delay never should have happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we found a replacement in the first place. But a delay for this reason alone is ridiculous and absurd. As a player who didn't understand the rules when he signed up, I can say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure them out.

((I'm really sorry if this comes across as flaming. It isn't meant to be and is more of my general disgust of having players that either a) don't play or b) suggest stupidly impossible things that delay and end up ruining games. I was really hoping for an update, so couple this insane delay with the vile mood I'm in and you get the above))

Top Bottom