Diplomacy

I can do the adjudication in the mean time, if you're all comfortable with me both playing and GMing.

Order Results:

Austria:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 3.

England:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

France:

Germany:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 3.

Italy:

Russia:

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 2.

Turkey:

Turkey: A bul Disbands

ummm... turkey didn't gain a supply center.

Turkey is only allowed 3 units, with 1 build allowed. The build has already been emailed to CubsFan, but, if Niklas takes over as GM, I ask that Cubsfan emails the build order to him :shifty:

I will finish the builds I said.

Can someone please clarify, we are sending our build orders now, when are the spring 1902 orders due?

As you all may have noticed, Turkey is undergoing a 'political adjustment phase' while a new President is sworn is. Thus, our Communications Bureau won't be able to decipher any .rar files without the appropriate software. Do I need to open that for anything?

As you all may have noticed, Turkey is undergoing a 'political adjustment phase' while a new President is sworn is. Thus, our Communications Bureau won't be able to decipher any .rar files without the appropriate software. Do I need to open that for anything?

Just if you want to analyze the situation that is shown on the map also in jDip.
Of course you can also enter the others' moves for yourself or plan your own moves without jDip support.

I like to play some szenarios with jDip, helps especially if you have agreed on moves with an ally and want to visualize them in coherence with prospected opponents moves.
However it does not help much if your allies don't stick to their promises but it should show if your moves block each other :p

Jdip or realpolitik can be very useful, especially if you're a bit newer to diplomacy. For example, you can put in your own orders and see wether they are illegal or not, how they turn out, especially when you put in the orders you think your enemies and allies are going to do aswell. That way, you could put in a worsecase scenario, a best case scenario, etc. And you can decide which scenario is the most likely to happen, and send in your orders based on that! Of course, it all remains speculation. You never know what your enemies, and even your allies, are going to do! ;)

Of course, real dip die-hards can do that all by heart, but it would require a big amount of calculation to do so, so you can see jdip as a calculator. A nifty helpful tool, but not completely necesary.

What's the schedule here? I emailed my retreat order 2 days ago.

Cubsfan, when are the build orders going to be posted?

I presume the Spring orders will be due 48 hours from posting the Winter builds, right?

I presume the Spring orders will be due 48 hours from posting the Winter builds, right?
I'd think it should be 48 hours after they were published here.

Wait... What are we exactly waiting for right now? If we're waiting for build orders to get posted, I'll better get moving right now! :scared:

Sorry! :blush:

I still haven't sent my build orders since I haven't seen a deadline posted, and since I'm still waiting for someone to answer their diplomacy. But I guess I'm the only one we're waiting for, so I'll just have to take the diplomatic hit.

ummm... turkey didn't gain a supply center.

Yes you did. You have two units right now, because one of them was disbanded, and you still have 3 supply centers so you can build one unit.

edit: Uhm, firstly, why was A Bulgaria disbanded? It should've dislodged into constantinople. In that case, you shouldn't have a build.

And I sent in my build orders.

I've sent orders now.

edit: Uhm, firstly, why was A Bulgaria disbanded? It should've dislodged into constantinople. In that case, you shouldn't have a build.

A player may disband a unit instead of being forced into a retreat.
[URL="http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/1976AH.pdf said:
Rulebook[/URL] @ diplomacy archive"]
2. Other Retreat Rules.
A player may choose to disband a unit rather than retreat it.

I believe that you are not permitted to conduct diplomacy before / during the retreat and build phases. I only mention this because I was just going through the rulebook looking for the above quote, and noticed that.

In other words, retreats and builds (adjustments) are submitted immediately to the GM without any diplomacy. I think that's also where conditional builds come in.

But maybe that's more for Face to Face games?

Anyone have an opinion on this?

:hmm: I've never played a game where you couldn't do diplomacy before builds, but I saw the rule you quoted. My feeling is that it's more for face to face games as you say.

It's kind of impossible to do this in an online game. Besides, during fall negotiations, people could make agreements about builds. It would just make the diplomacy process more difficult, so I feel that we should not enforce this rule in this game. But of course I'm willing to enforce it if everyone else wants to.

Top Bottom