1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

dl1 -- The Kings of Unfair

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by dl123654, Oct 10, 2007.

1. dl123654

dl123654 King

:wavey: anyone out there?

2. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

sorry, I'm on vacation so no civ for a few weeks for me :(

3. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

I'll grab it a try and play tonight.

4. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

IBT
    Our Horse archer gets wiped out by a Roman Knight

1755AD
    A Privateer moves into HRE territory and is postioned to blockade 3 cities at once, the blockade won't take effect until the end of the next turn so we'll see if Julius has any Firgates handy.

Our Spy in Rome fails to incite a revolt leaving cannons to do a traditional bombard defenses down jobby. 'It won't happen overnight but it will happen'. Our 8 cannon reduce Rome to 4% cultural defense it should hopefully fall next turn, it does sport a few defensive rifles now as do 3 frontline Roman cities.

A hopefully more successful spy is moved into Arretium to wait for offensive forces.

IBT
    Sweet Fanny Adams.

1760AD
    A lot of factories and other infrastructure is completed. Most move on to build Infantry shilst other with unruly citizenry get theatres/colosseums ordered.

At the Battle for Rome our only Infantry gets 90% odds vs. the top Defending rifle, he wins but is reduce to 7.2 strength but can be upgraded next turn. The odds for Cannons is now a damn sight better at 78%. CR2 is the best available promotion, it doesn't do the first cannon any good, or the second. The third gets a chance at 82% odds and wins receiving a meagre 1 XP and leaves only CR! cannons to continue the offense at diminished odds of 68%.

Checking the odds of other units a cavalry comes out best with a pinch promotion giving 85.9%, he wins. The next gets the same odds and wins also. Back to cannons we get 86 percent with a damaged cannon getting a CR2 promotion healing it to 10 strength it retreats for no damage and exposes a Roman Knight as top defender. Dutch Riflemen are given orders to attack and with near perfect odds despatch the next 9 defenders without loss. Only 2 units remain in the Roman garrison, a rifleman and a preatorian both heavily wounded. With only 2 Crossbowmen and 4 Cavalry available to hold Rome against the 6 Roman Knights and 1 catapult within striking range of Rome I leave the city uncaptured for this turn. The riffleman gets destroyed of course.

IBT
    The Aqueduct in Amsterdam finishes solving the health issues, the Pentagon at 15 turns is started.
    Other cities see an increase in WW and have a either a jail or Colloseum started to be rushed ASAP.

1765AD
    Rome is garrsioned by the surrounding 6 Knights and catapult, a fresh rifleman also shows up. Our infantry gets promoted to pinch but that only makes a combat 2 Knight top defender and at 68% odds is too risky. Cycling through available units sees a combat 2 pinch cavalry as having the best odds with 70% plus 9% chance at retreating he takes out the rifleman. Realizing now that 3% cultural defence was reagined inthe interturn the trebuchet amongst our forward stack gets rid of that. Now that Knights are easily the best defender rifles seem the best offensive choice and are by 89% to 80% over the cannons. Collateral damage will increase further odds so a cannon is sent in, he dies unfortunately but makes the rifleman odds almost 96%. Sadly a rifleman dies, 95.9 seemed too good to be true. In hindsight I should have promoted him to at least combat 1 but I tend to leave troops unpromoted if they have better than 90% odds as it allows more flexibility later on.

Past defeats behind us we push on, promotions are now required of our riflemen to achieve better than 90% odds as the remaing are damaged, our cavalry on the other hand can get 96%, well 1 cavalry that is, the next is 80%. 2 rifles attain combat 2 promotions and also victories. The remaining battles are shared between cavlary and rifles and Rome is captured.

Military losses require an increase to 20% luxury tax, a few cities get theatre injected into their build order.

1770AD
    Troops healing.

1775AD
    More a troops healing.

1780AD
    A partridge in a Pear Tree. Oh and a GE is born in Delhi.

1785AD
    Troops move out of Rome on to Arretium. Research turned back up leaving 919 gold in the kitty and 33 gpt in the black.

IBT
    Churchill wants to trade world maps, a renegotiation shows he's willing to pay 170 gold plus his map. A relations check shows Juilius as being furious with him, we're already at the maximum of -4 for trading with worst enemy of Caesar so I make the deal. I also give him crabs for 10gpt in regular doctors visits.

1790AD
    Troops still moving.

1795AD
    Our spy in Arretium was captured in the Interturn, again I have to breach city defenses the old fashioned way. The available cannons and trebuchet reduce Arretium to 16% defense. I'll wait til next turn.

1800AD
    Outside Arretium our Pinch Infantry win an 88% battle leading the way to 3 more easy Infantry>rifle wins. Cannons get called upon now as cavalry don't stand that good a chance against the 2 remaining rifles. 2 retreats see the emergence of a 4th Great General to add to our stockpile outside Amsterdam which should really be used for something, military instructors for Bombay(Heroic Epic?) would be my choice.

Cavalry charge at Arretium but when the dust settles 2 badly damaged rifles and a catapult remain to hold the city and no offensive units have any movement points left to capture the city so it stays in Romans hands for now so the next player can take the city.

I'll hand over now.

Our GE can found Mining Inc if desired, a suitable Wall street city should be designated first though, Utrecht is the current top money earner closely followed by Amsterdam then Delhi which owns the Buddhist Shrine.

Scientific Method is the only tech choice available besides the now useless Divine right. Caesar is unwillingly to trade Sci Meth. for Chem plus our gold, Huayna will trade Sci. Meth for Fascism + MIlitary science, world map and 200 gold. That's worth it IMO, both are dead end techs.

Boudica shows 4 turns to Military tradition, that'll mean cavalry opposing us soon. Rifles are making progress a little more difficult but the fresh Infantry awaiting orders in Mediolanum will make the odds more to our liking. Be wary of WW though, it's just crept beyond 1000.

Attached Files:

5. dl123654

dl123654 King

shyuhe is on break and vra379971 is MIA so I guess I will take it for today.

Looks like bad luck on the battles. I would say that would give me better odds but I know thats not the case.

6. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

Sorry I can't play any sets right now but some thoughts:

Can we vassalize Boudica? We've probably taken most of her good cities (or will shortly) so it may be better to vassalize so that we can re-divert the luxury back to science. Plus the addition of cavalry will make warfare a little more annoying as the AI has a tendency to send pillaging stacks towards us.

I think Mining Inc. should go in Delhi to combine with the Buddhist shrine. IT'll be hard to beat in the long-run.

7. dl123654

dl123654 King

Not at turn 0 or 10.

Not yet, there are still some good cities out there, we should go at least as north as Lisbon (current capital and Hindu holy city)

Luxury up to 40% now :(, war werenious went from 1000 to 2000 during the last 10 turns.

Only saw one cav attacking us and attacked a city. We have Rome on the ropes now, haven't seen any counter attack in the past 4 turns, and their city defenders went from 15 rifles to 3-5.

Agreed, done

And now back to the turn report:
    Capured 3 cities
    Killed a lot of their units lost less, finished turnset with about the same amount of units as I started with
    Pentagon finished
    Finished Scientific Method (don't like trading with the tech leader), Biology and started Medicine, in hindsite should have gone for Electricity for Broadway
    We now have 5 Great Generals :crazyeye: , we have to decide what to do with them.
    We have 3 oils, 2 are in the water and one is was on Romes border, it is hooked up.
    Maybe in 1 more turnset we can see about ending the war, but right now we have the military advantage, maybe a revolt to police state is in order?

Save

8. dl123654

dl123654 King

Put out an ad for more players to keep this game going.

9. pat4

pat4 Believe it!!!

I'll give it a go if you want.

I usually play on noble but have been messing about latley with monarchy with mixed results.

Pat.

10. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

I'll be able to play again on the 10th.

I think the current situation is basically finish up Boudica (another few more cities). We want the hindu holy city if we're going to continue warring. After that, we should be able to peacefully hit space (or continue on towards domination). Huayna is teching quite well so he's the long term threat. Churchill and Caesar are not that close to us.

11. dl123654

dl123654 King

Welcome pat4, good to have you

shyuhe beat me too the summery but hit all the main points, but feel free to open and check out the save, get a hang of whats going on

As shyuhe said he will be back on the 10th, I played the save last, right after $50bag, so how about you try to aim for playing 10-15 turns before the 10th and don't be afraid to ask questions

12. negyvenketto

negyvenketto Scientist

I can jump in too, if you like.

13. pat4

pat4 Believe it!!!

Hey,
    I don;t know if something is wrong with the save or what but during the first turn after the Romans attack Rome the Game just shuts down without any warning. This has never happened to me before.
    Are you's using a mod/patch ?

14. dl123654

dl123654 King

Thats strange. I'm not using a mod at all, I will check the save when I get home to make sure it works still.

15. dl123654

dl123654 King

Sorry I missed your post, sure you would make 5.

@pat4
    I don't see anything wrong with it, I ran through 2 turns without problems (wasn't attacked at Rome either:confused:). I seem to remember this happening in the other game when someone tried to join: Emperor SG. The only same players in both of those were me, $50_bag and MrFelony.

Maybe we should have negyvenketto try for now and see if you can play after.

16. negyvenketto

negyvenketto Scientist

Sure, got it. I will play tomorrow morning.

17. pat4

pat4 Believe it!!!

Yeah I'll try pick it up after him. I'm going to a funeral down the country tomorrow and I'm back at school on Monday but I can pick it up that night hopefully.

18. negyvenketto

negyvenketto Scientist

Played my turns. I found the sleeping 5 GGs a bit insane and burnt 2 of them
    Utrecht finishes: Military Academy
    Nijmegen finishes: Military Academy
    Now we have just 3 :D

Made a few trades

We got another GA :mad:

Kept the war machine rolling, only cannons were lost

This is her peace offer

I think we should take it, the WW is ridiculous (culture slider is 50% now).
    After Electricity we can go after Industrialism and Artillery and some more :hammer:

Spoiler :
    Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Turn 280/500 (1820 AD) [06-Jan-2008 09:19:05]
    Utrecht finishes: Military Academy
    Nijmegen finishes: Military Academy
    Amsterdam finishes: Mining Inc Executive
    Utrecht finishes: Cannon
    The Hague finishes: Grocer
    Rotterdam finishes: Grocer
    Nijmegen finishes: Infantry
    Delft finishes: Infantry
    Pataliputra finishes: Infantry
    's-Hertogenbosch grows: 12
    's-Hertogenbosch finishes: Infantry
    Mediolanum's borders expand
    Neapolis grows: 8
    A Village was built near Neapolis
    Setia grows: 8

IBT:

Turn 281/500 (1822 AD) [06-Jan-2008 09:33:59]
    Amsterdam begins: Infantry (2 turns)
    Utrecht begins: Cannon (1 turns)
    The Hague begins: Cannon (2 turns)
    Rotterdam begins: Customs House (5 turns)
    Rotterdam begins: Bank (5 turns)
    Nijmegen begins: Cannon (1 turns)
    Delft begins: Market (4 turns)
    Pataliputra begins: Cannon (4 turns)
    's-Hertogenbosch begins: Machine Gun (4 turns)
    Infantry promoted: Drill I
    Infantry promoted: Pinch
    Mining Inc has spread: Nijmegen
    Amsterdam finishes: Infantry
    Nijmegen finishes: Cannon
    Maastricht finishes: Grocer
    Middelburg finishes: Cannon
    Vijayanagara grows: 15
    Vijayanagara finishes: Grocer
    Varanasi finishes: Destroyer
    Haarlem finishes: Factory

IBT:

Turn 282/500 (1824 AD) [06-Jan-2008 10:05:07]
    Amsterdam begins: Mining Inc Executive (1 turns)
    Nijmegen begins: Infantry (2 turns)
    Maastricht begins: Buddhist Temple (3 turns)
    Vijayanagara begins: Buddhist Temple (4 turns)
    Varanasi begins: Destroyer (14 turns)
    Destroyer 1 of Varanasi (Destroyer) promoted: Combat I
    While attacking in Roman territory at Circei, Destroyer 1 of Varanasi (Destroyer) defeats (30.00/30): Roman Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Tech learned: Physics
    The Hague finishes: Cannon
    Middelburg finishes: Taoist Missionary
    Bombay grows: 15
    Agra finishes: Jail
    Varanasi grows: 10

IBT:
    Attitude Change: Boudica(Rome) towards Julius Caesar(Holy Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
    Attitude Change: Julius Caesar(Holy Rome) towards dl1(Netherlands), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
    Attitude Change: Julius Caesar(Holy Rome) towards Boudica(Rome), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 283/500 (1826 AD) [06-Jan-2008 10:23:50]
    The Hague begins: Buddhist Temple (2 turns)
    Leiden begins: Jail (14 turns)
    Leiden begins: Buddhist Temple (9 turns)
    Leiden begins: Buddhist Temple (9 turns)
    Mediolanum begins: Buddhist Temple (10 turns)
    Agra begins: Grocer (4 turns)
    Middelburg begins: Jail (4 turns)
    Taoism has spread: Vijayanagara
    Middelburg begins: Taoist Missionary (2 turns)
    While attacking in Dutch territory at Neapolis, Rifleman loses to: Roman Cavalry (9.60/15) (Prob Victory: 28.3%)
    Rifleman promoted: Combat I
    While attacking in Dutch territory at Neapolis, Rifleman defeats (6.44/14): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 89.4%)
    Mining Inc has spread: Utrecht
    Utrecht begins: Infantry (2 turns)
    A Mine was built near Bombay
    Utrecht finishes: Infantry
    Maastricht finishes: Buddhist Temple
    Delft finishes: Market
    Bombay finishes: Observatory
    Miguel de Cervantes (Great Artist) born in Bombay
    Neapolis finishes: Factory
    Setia finishes: Theatre
    Arretium's borders expand

IBT:
    Churchill(Native America) declares war on Boudica(Rome)
    Attitude Change: Boudica(Rome) towards Churchill(Native America), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
    Attitude Change: Churchill(Native America) towards Boudica(Rome), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 284/500 (1828 AD) [06-Jan-2008 10:43:56]
    Maastricht begins: Cannon (4 turns)
    Delft begins: Grocer (4 turns)
    Bombay begins: Infantry (2 turns)
    Bombay begins: Infantry (2 turns)
    Neapolis begins: Courthouse (6 turns)
    Neapolis begins: Granary (3 turns)
    Setia begins: Courthouse (15 turns)
    While attacking in Dutch territory at Cumae, Cavalry defeats (15.00/15): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Tech learned: Medicine
    The Hague finishes: Buddhist Temple
    A Town was built near Maastricht
    Pataliputra finishes: Cannon
    Vijayanagara finishes: Buddhist Temple
    Bombay finishes: Infantry
    Hsung-Nu's borders expand
    Leiden finishes: Infantry
    's-Hertogenbosch finishes: Machine Gun
    Setia grows: 9

IBT:

Turn 285/500 (1830 AD) [06-Jan-2008 10:56:35]
    Research begun: Electricity (7 Turns)
    The Hague begins: Bank (5 turns)
    Nijmegen begins: Hospital (2 turns)
    Pataliputra begins: Machine Gun (4 turns)
    Vijayanagara begins: Harbor (4 turns)
    Bombay begins: Machine Gun (2 turns)
    's-Hertogenbosch begins: Machine Gun (4 turns)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (11.40/15): Roman Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Rotterdam finishes: Bank
    A Hamlet was built near Hsung-Nu
    A Town was built near 's-Hertogenbosch
    Neapolis grows: 9
    A Town was built near Neapolis
    Rome's borders expand

IBT:
    While defending in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    While defending in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Turn 286/500 (1832 AD) [06-Jan-2008 11:13:41]
    Rotterdam begins: Customs House (6 turns)
    Taoism has spread: Rotterdam
    While attacking in Dutch territory near Mediolanum, Infantry defeats (16.00/20): Roman Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cannon loses to: Roman Rifleman (12.04/14) (Prob Victory: 3.9%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Trebuchet 2 of Agra (Cannon) loses to: Roman Rifleman (4.20/14) (Prob Victory: 11.9%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Trebuchet 1 of Delhi (Cannon) loses to: Roman Rifleman (7.70/14) (Prob Victory: 33.8%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cannon loses to: Roman Rifleman (9.24/14) (Prob Victory: 48.3%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (13.80/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 96.6%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (12.40/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (16.60/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 91.3%)
    Infantry promoted: Drill I
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (13.00/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 91.1%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (12.00/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 90.5%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (8.60/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 98.0%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 98.9%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (12.00/15): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 75.8%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (15.00/15): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 97.5%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (7.20/15): Roman Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (10.35/15): Roman Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Hinduism has spread: Oporto
    Captured Oporto (Boudica)
    Oporto begins: Theatre (51 turns)
    While attacking in Dutch territory at Cumae, Cavalry defeats (12.45/15): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 74.7%)
    Cannon promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon promoted: City Raider II
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Cannon loses to: Roman Rifleman (12.04/14) (Prob Victory: 5.3%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Cannon loses to: Roman Rifleman (3.78/14) (Prob Victory: 33.2%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry 7 of Delhi (Infantry) defeats (7.20/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 96.7%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry 8 of Bombay (Infantry) defeats (17.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (17.20/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (17.20/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.2%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.4%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (8.80/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
    Infantry promoted: Combat I
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    While attacking in Roman territory at Ravenna, Infantry 5 of The Hague (Infantry) defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Hinduism has spread: Ravenna
    Captured Ravenna (Boudica)
    Ravenna begins: Theatre (51 turns)
    A Forest Preserve was built near Haarlem
    A Mine was built
    Taoism has spread: Delhi
    Mining Inc has spread: Bombay
    Nijmegen finishes: Hospital
    Maastricht finishes: Cannon
    Bombay grows: 16
    Bombay finishes: Machine Gun
    Agra finishes: Grocer
    Setia grows: 10
    A Village was built near Antium

IBT:

Turn 287/500 (1834 AD) [06-Jan-2008 11:43:19]
    Amsterdam begins: Hospital (2 turns)
    Utrecht begins: Mining Inc Executive (2 turns)
    Nijmegen begins: Mining Inc Executive (2 turns)
    Maastricht begins: Market (5 turns)
    Bombay begins: Bank (4 turns)
    Agra begins: Market (4 turns)
    's-Hertogenbosch begins: Market (5 turns)
    Mining Inc has spread: The Hague
    A Pasture near Cumae was destroyed by Dutch Cavalry
    Cavalry promoted: Combat I
    Cavalry promoted: Combat II
    Cavalry promoted: Formation
    Utrecht finishes: Mining Inc Executive
    Nijmegen finishes: Mining Inc Executive
    Delft finishes: Grocer
    Pataliputra finishes: Machine Gun
    Vijayanagara finishes: Harbor
    Delhi finishes: Wall Street
    's-Hertogenbosch grows: 13
    's-Hertogenbosch finishes: Machine Gun
    Arretium finishes: Forge
    Antium's borders expand

IBT:
    A Village was built near Middelburg

Turn 288/500 (1836 AD) [06-Jan-2008 12:04:16]
    Utrecht begins: Mining Inc Executive (1 turns)
    Nijmegen begins: Mining Inc Executive (1 turns)
    Middelburg begins: Market (5 turns)
    Delft begins: Customs House (4 turns)
    Pataliputra begins: Customs House (6 turns)
    Vijayanagara begins: Customs House (7 turns)
    Delhi begins: Observatory (3 turns)
    Arretium begins: Courthouse (8 turns)
    Taoism has spread: Leiden
    Mining Inc has spread: Rotterdam
    Amsterdam finishes: Hospital
    The Hague finishes: Bank
    Vijayanagara grows: 16
    A Town was built near Haarlem
    A Hamlet was built near Setia
    Rome finishes: Library

IBT:

Turn 289/500 (1838 AD) [06-Jan-2008 12:15:36]
    The Hague begins: Observatory (3 turns)
    Rome begins: Dike (7 turns)
    While attacking in Dutch territory at Oporto, Cavalry defeats (15.00/15): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Cannon 5 of Utrecht (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon 6 of Nijmegen (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon 7 of Middelburg (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon 8 of Utrecht (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon 9 of The Hague (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
    Cannon 5 of Utrecht (Cannon) promoted: City Raider II
    Cannon 6 of Nijmegen (Cannon) promoted: City Raider II
    Cannon 7 of Middelburg (Cannon) promoted: City Raider II
    Cannon 8 of Utrecht (Cannon) promoted: City Raider II
    Cannon 9 of The Hague (Cannon) promoted: City Raider II
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Cannon 6 of Nijmegen (Cannon) loses to: Roman Rifleman (4.34/14) (Prob Victory: 13.2%)
    Infantry 11 of Nijmegen (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
    Infantry 11 of Nijmegen (Infantry) promoted: Combat II
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Infantry 11 of Nijmegen (Infantry) defeats (13.60/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 95.8%)
    Infantry 13 of Pataliputra (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
    Infantry 13 of Pataliputra (Infantry) promoted: Pinch
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Infantry 13 of Pataliputra (Infantry) defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
    Infantry 14 of 's-Hertogenbosch (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
    Infantry 14 of 's-Hertogenbosch (Infantry) promoted: Pinch
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Infantry 14 of 's-Hertogenbosch (Infantry) defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Infantry 15 of Amsterdam (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
    Infantry 15 of Amsterdam (Infantry) promoted: Pinch
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Infantry 15 of Amsterdam (Infantry) defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Infantry 16 of Nijmegen (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
    Infantry 16 of Nijmegen (Infantry) promoted: Pinch
    While attacking in Roman territory at Anasazi, Infantry 16 of Nijmegen (Infantry) defeats (20.00/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
    Buddhism has been removed: Anasazi (Roman Empire)
    Hinduism has spread: Anasazi
    Buddhism has spread: Anasazi
    Captured Anasazi (Boudica)
    Anasazi begins: Theatre (51 turns)
    Mining Inc has spread: Maastricht
    Mining Inc has spread: Delft
    Rotterdam finishes: Customs House
    Delft grows: 18
    Delhi finishes: Observatory
    Bombay finishes: Bank
    A Town was built near Agra
    Hsung-Nu finishes: Factory
    Haarlem finishes: National Park
    A Village was built near 's-Hertogenbosch
    Neapolis finishes: Courthouse
    Rome's borders expand
    Cumae finishes: Theatre

IBT:

Turn 290/500 (1840 AD) [06-Jan-2008 12:32:32]
    Rotterdam begins: Observatory (3 turns)
    Delhi begins: Coal Plant (3 turns)
    Bombay begins: Mining Inc Executive (2 turns)
    Hsung-Nu begins: Aqueduct (4 turns)
    Haarlem begins: Courthouse (3 turns)
    Cumae begins: Jail (30 turns)
    Cumae begins: Globe Theatre (75 turns)
    Cumae begins: Granary (15 turns)
    Mining Inc has spread: Hsung-Nu
    Mining Inc has spread: Haarlem
    Mining Inc has spread: Middelburg
    Mining Inc has spread: Vijayanagara

Attached Files:

19. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

We have SM now so we can revolt to police state while going towards facism for mount rushmore. Police state alone should push the slider back down to 10-20% and I think we can just finish off Rome (not sure - can't load the game :lol:) or at least take their Hindu holy city (it has a shrine).

Was Mining Inc. founded in Amsterdam? That's going to cause a conflict later as we will want to spam that corp. but it's a different city from Delhi, our holy city. Although it doesn't look like we built enough military units from the game log to finish off Rome.

I think we've triggered two GP fueled GA's this game so we'll need 2 more to start the next one. I'd still store the GA though as he's not really useful otherwise at this point of the game. And mining inc. is much better than civilized jeweler's unless you're trying cultural.

20. dl123654

dl123654 King

Mining was founded in Delhi IIRC.

Looks like a great turnset Negyvenketto, lets see if pat4 can continue it