dl1 -- The Kings of Unfair

i guess its just a difference in preference. I prefer to have my moai city to have at least some decent land tiles. all i remember is i thought that site was a lot better than the one with the incense in it.

Done.

Tech Path Edu=>Lib=>Nationalism(free)=>Optics=>PP

Nijmegen should build a caravel next to go exploring. I've started one in a city in the South.

6 Unis have been lined up and should finish in about 8 turns.

Started Taj in the Capital, should be finished in about 6 turns with some chops from outside Amsterdam's BFC.

Captured the Barb city and kept it although I should have burned it to let another city have the corn.

Founded the better Maoi city, but it's a long way from being able to build it. We'll get better returns from the incense Maoi candidate IMO. Plus Dikes can be built in all coastal cities anyway.

Attachments

• dl1 AD-1450.CivBeyondSwordSave
    276.3 KB · Views: 58
it doesn't really matter that much which city is the moai, it's only a difference of a few hammers and a few commerce either way and chances are that neither city will actually get large enough to realize that potential

Got it in the hopper for tomorrow night. I'll see what I can do about finding the other continent.

@dl, Help, High winds and turbulence caused a delay in play. I need a skip this round, sorry for the delay in notifying you.

Played

Finished PP, did Feu and Consit, started Demo but didn't put any work into it yet.

Meet Ceaser's (of Holy Rome) carivel in the water on the way to him on turn 9, turn 10 I found his boarder but really can't see any of his land yet, he has a lot of money to give us for resources. I have a boat going the other way as well and should prove the world is round in the next turnset.

Holy Rome is up Theo and Guilds, it looks like he has banking as well, the other Rome is 2 turns from Guilds and is still behind many techs. I made one trade with her taking a fair amount of money for Lit. She is still down many techs and was thinking of waiting 2 turns and buying Guilds from her, but thats up to the next person.

We get our goldenage and there are still 8 turns left of it. Haven't changed any civics yet, was hoping to get to Democracy and Economics before then although we should talk a little about the civics we want.

On turn 3 we get a engineer who is hanging out with the general until we need him (was thinking Statue of Liberty would be a good rushing target).

Domesticly we are running out of good building to build in many of our core cities, capital started Oxford and will finish soon. Economy is doing great (granted we are in a golden age right now). Settled the two city spot marked on the map, workers are all massed at the new cities and should be running out of improvements well before rails.

Roster:
dl123654 (just played)
shyuhe (up)
50 dollar bag
vra379971 (last heard, can't find disk)
Bede
MrFelony

Save

Sounds like all is going well.

How's my pal the Bodacious?

Hrm. I made the :smoke: move of letting the research on democracy continue. *sigh* Wasted a good chunk of turns on that one :lol:

Turn 215, I revolt to FS, caste + FR. I also change the production of Rotterdam to a market. And whoever built Haarlem needs to be :whipped: It needs to be 1 tile west to get the river bonus. The extra tiles it gains by going 1 east just isn't worth the lack of the river. Even if we can build dikes later...

Turn 216 (I think) - make contact with HC.

Turn 217, HC asks to trade liberalism for guilds. Heck no. Boudica finishes guilds and I trade for it by giving her paper + philosophy.

Turn 219 - Oxford is complete.

Turn 220 - democracy is done and I revolt to emancipation. I also trade compass+music for banking + map + 120 with Boudica.

Turn 221 - I trade maps with Huayna as we have won the circumnavigation race. I also made contact with Churchill at some point around here. I set research to MT. I also see that JC has too much on his hands. His likely victim looks to be Churchill so I gift engineering to Churchill. HOwever, it is possible that JC is coming after us (even though we're not his worst enemy) so we may want to build a few units on the east coast for insurance next set.

Turn 223 - I trade maps with Boudica. Huayna begs for gunpowder and I send him packing. I also trade philosophy to Churchill for thelogy + 110 gold.

Turn 224 - MT is in. I set research to replaceable parts.

Turn 225 - I trade MT to HC for Astronomy + some cash. We get a nice boost in income as HC is in free market.

My recommended path is to finish up rifling, fire off a GA and swap into nationalism + police state + theocracy and adopt buddhism. Then draft rifles while spamming cavalry + trebs/cannons. Then destroy Boudica. Boudica will take a defensive pact right now if we want to take that route as well.

Our current power situation:

I've rearranged EP so that we can see the demographs of the other civs. Churchill is stuck between HC and JC and has jungle left over. Unless he starts clearing that up, he will probably get eaten alive.

I have not started building the SoL yet. It will take about 30 turns in our best production city (Bombay I think?). Our best hammer city is the ex-Indian city that I built the FP in. Our capital needs to grow so I've started turning mines into windmills (the same goes for the other cities too). We are relying too much on cottages right now as our production sucks. I think we need to start stripping out some cottages for workshops.

And whoever built Haarlem needs to be :whipped: It needs to be 1 tile west to get the river bonus. The extra tiles it gains by going 1 east just isn't worth the lack of the river. Even if we can build dikes later...

Someone put that spot as a city spot but I agreed with the spot it is in now. The only thing we lose is the +2:health: from the river, which we will never need, the city will never have enough food to reach its max. We gain that 1 river spot that can now be farmed or cottaged, where the city was built nothing could be built there. That and the no overlap with the capital and the filling of our land so no one else can settle there convinced me.

We also lose the ability to build levees, which doubles on top of the dike for river tiles. And unhealthiness is a pretty serious issue in bts, especially in the industrial era.

What are we going to do about the NE? I looked around at our cities and the best candidate I can think of is the former Indian capital or the coastal city SE of that. I've started chain irrigating towards the coastal city as I don't think that city will have much purpose otherwise - why not turn it into a GP farm since it'll have 2 bonus food resources? It also has enough hammers to be able to build the NE in a reasonable amount of time.

We also lose the ability to build levees, which doubles on top of the dike for river tiles.

We are the dutch, the dike is a replacement for the levee. The city in question is coastal, therefore we can build the dike, giving us production on those river tiles and in the water.

ah. My bad. I thought it was a separate building for some reason :blush:

What's our long-term goal here though? I would prefer to wipe out Boudica with cannons/rifles and then just finish with whatever victory condition we want. We have 20% of the land which is probably enough to win via space alone too. I think we should reach a consensus soon though as it will affect our research path.

ah. My bad. I thought it was a separate building for some reason :blush:

What's our long-term goal here though? I would prefer to wipe out Boudica with cannons/rifles and then just finish with whatever victory condition we want. We have 20% of the land which is probably enough to win via space alone too. I think we should reach a consensus soon though as it will affect our research path.

I think that is an admirable goal, though Bodacious is well past the time of her maximum threat.

indeed she is. But she's still teching quite competitively (probably because of all the land that she has + Hindu shrine). So we will eventually want to weaken her a little bit. Or just keep her at pleased or above the rest of the game. She'll pounce if we slip into cautious for too long.

indeed she is. But she's still teching quite competitively (probably because of all the land that she has + Hindu shrine). So we will eventually want to weaken her a little bit. Or just keep her at pleased or above the rest of the game. She'll pounce if we slip into cautious for too long.

I don't disagree the Badacious make a good target for our projectile weapons and her land would certainly help our cause. :)

Top Bottom