1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ma2ge

Ma2ge Chieftain

Ah, I see. Thank you.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I wonder if they are going to eliminate the Aztec DLC and just incorporate it into the base game. I mean, they stopped needing it as a separate item back in January. Everybody has it now, and it has to be cross-tested against every new patch. Doing this could streamline their workload just a little.

Leyrann, bite, bbbt and 3 others like this.
  3. ARevera1

ARevera1 Chieftain

If it is Grand Horizon, It is possible it has something to do with like was said, the colonialism era. So a large SEA empire, during the colonial era, was VOC (Dutch East Indies Company). It would be in the Indonesian Area, an Island-Based civ, and could possibly be heavily geared to mercantilism. Kinda of like the better "Venice" of Civ VI

4. Eagle Pursuit

Don't conflate it with the SEA DLC. Civ GH is a separate thing.

5. ARevera1

ARevera1 Chieftain

oh..... gotcha

6. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

I'm not amused at Isabella being replaced by some african leader.

Gingerboy29 and agonistes like this.
  7. Greek Stud

Greek Stud Prince

It's possible Aztecs were removed for testing purposes. I test software and would want to validate that on multiplayer users who bought Indonesia but did not buy Aztecs can still play multiplayer...

8. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

The Aztec's was not bought DLC, it was free to all who pre-ordered, and everyone else after 6 months

Greek Stud likes this.
  9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I'm just saying, the VOC was just a company that was based in the Netherlands. Not a seperate country. They're also throughly European while the whole forum is already complaining about eurocentralism.

10. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

Exactly that is why you get him with your Deluxe edition. So you had to buy your favorite Civs separate;)

Oh great a new riddle:popcorn:

First question: You wrote about a
    Did this mean the qa build 2kqa_g is a Civ?

In advance here are my first speculations:smoke:

2kqa_e is the new African Civ or the second leader and part of the deluxe edition

2kqa_f is the first dlc everyone had to buy. So the most wanted missing is Civ is Mongolia for sure. It will be sold very well.

2kqa_5 is only one Civ GH or an mini expansion Grand Horizon (the Renaissance era is much to short and Isabella, Incas, Maya, Native North Americans ...will come with it)
    If Civ GH is only one Civ it could mean Ghana/Ashanti lead by Yaa Asantewaa vs. Vicci:coffee:

11. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

There are no qa_e and qa_f, that's what makes them skipping straight to qa_g for the mysterious GH odd, the two in between literally don't exist.

Civ GH could just be a new civ, but that would also be odd, since the previous DLC civs have all been referred to by their DLC number (01, 02, etc) rather than a codename, plus the fact that it gets a special new qa branch just for itself suggests its somehow different from the previous DLCs

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  12. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

What if GH stands for Georgia, Happy? and we are finally getting Tamar? :bounce:

I can dream.

13. bbbt

bbbt Deity

There was the idea that the GH could potentially just be say the world builder, correct? That also seems like something you might create a specific testing branch for.

14. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes, or some other set of modding tools.

15. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

LOL, well lets see
    1. the game hasnt even been out a year and your already assuming a new expansion? Maybe it is but it took 2 years for the 1st Civ5 expansion to come out BUT it only took 1 year each for the Civ4 expansions to come out and if they follow a timeline similar we are looking at a July/August release time then.

2. this is getting interesting with the 2kqa_g. Just insanely odd that they would even release that.. Its awfully quiet over at firaxis on the news front

Yea I guess GH for world building could be called Globe Handler lol

16. Eagle Pursuit

Hey, look who is back!

17. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

Hey! Hows it going? Hows the kids? I've been busy again. Working on finishing up my new custom built computer desk and seeing what i can do about making my PC case quieter.

18. Eagle Pursuit

I'm super busy with work and the kids. Kid #3 is making some progress in his therapy and we are preparing for the arrival of #4 in the fall.

19. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

If it is an expansion, just because they are qa testing doesn't mean it's anywhere near finished. I mean, we've seen them spend upwards of a month testing DLCs that add a single civ + scenario + balance patch. The same routine for an expansion is bound to take much, much longer.

We don't even know what kind of process Firaxis goes through when they're developing an expansion. Obviously, we can expect a theoretical expansion to include new game systems as well as new civilizations, for all we know, they develop and test the new game systems with the civs from the base game until they are satisfied with how they fit into the game, then go back and do a second round of design and testing on the new expansion civs so that they can be built from the ground up to take advantage of the new systems the expansion adds to the game. That could easily take several months.

bbbt, Leyrann and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

I wonder if they will also make 2kqa_h to test Civ GH and switch back and forth between them.

Leyrann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.