DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust that if EP's prediction of a release next week comes true, all the CivFanatics of this forum will gather to give this thread a send-off befitting its age and status.

Something involving a longship and a flaming arrow will probably suffice.

Excellent. And then let's not start another one until we see some definitive progress on DLC06. Not to drag on CivCube, but this thread was created far too prematurely.

@WillowBrook Between today and Tuesday? I'm curious to see if they do another qa update this week. They have been doing two per week, but this week's second one was yesterday, which was early. I'm curious to see if they step it up to three this week. The last time they did the second qa update early, they did the Civ GH qa builds on the next days, so that might be interesting too. Also, I expect that the Mac and Linux qa builds will update within that timeframe.

Last edited:
Excellent. And then let's not start another one until we see some definitive progress on DLC06. Not to drag on CivCube, but this thread was created far too prematurely.
Actually, I'd suggest that you start a DLC 6 anticipation thread immediately on 5's release so that you can keep the OP updated with the status of our (i.e., your) knowledge.

After all, we already know that there will be a DLC 6, and we'll know the continent/region represented once 5 is out. We'll need a place to discuss it once this thread closes.

Actually, I'd suggest that you start a DLC 6 anticipation thread immediately on 5's release so that you can keep the OP updated with the status of our (i.e., your) knowledge.

After all, we already know that there will be a DLC 6, and we'll know the continent/region represented once 5 is out. We'll need a place to discuss it once this thread closes.

I won't be able to provide much intelligence on DLC06 until they start qa testing it, which may be 1-2 months away. Then it will be hard for people to follow along after we've accumulated several hundred posts of speculation again.

I think DLC06 will accompany the Autumn Patch.

I trust that if EP's prediction of a release next week comes true, all the CivFanatics of this forum will gather to give this thread a send-off befitting its age and status.

I'll bring the mourning dancing bananas

EDIT:
Wait, isn't is supposed to be celebratory? Like, with the death of the thread, new life would come in the form of DLC discussions. Like accession in a monarchy.

Scratch the mourning bananas. I need to discuss this with their manager.

Last edited:
Recall, the announcement said 2 civ/scenario DLCs with 3 leaders representing SEA and Africa.

I am still scratching my head thinking of African/SE Asian civs that could warrant TWO leaders. My best guess for the double leader civ would be a West African or Ethiopian civ that could play both domination and cultural/religious/economic well. I don't think the double will be the perennial fav the Zulu, though-- Shaka has the military angle covered, and I can't see later Zulu chiefs being sufficiently historically significant (sorry for the double adverbs) or adding anying new to gameplay style very well.

All this said, knowing my luck, it will probably be Indonesia or Siam as the two-leader addition.

After all, we already know that there will be a DLC 6, and we'll know the continent/region represented once 5 is out.
Unless DLC has 2 civs: one from Africa and one from SEA. Then we're back to square one and the speculation on DLC 06 with overwhelm us.

I won't be able to provide much intelligence on DLC06 until they start qa testing it, which may be 1-2 months away. Then it will be hard for people to follow along after we've accumulated several hundred posts of speculation again.

I think DLC06 will accompany the Autumn Patch.

@Eagle Pursuit I think what @WillowBrook was suggesting was that if you started the thread right away (before anyone else got the chance to), then you could edit/update the first post in the thread with the current state of predictions. This would allow people to check in over the weeks/months and see the "news" part of the thread without having to sift through the entire thing.

@Eagle Pursuit I think what @WillowBrook was suggesting was that if you started the thread right away (before anyone else got the chance to), then you could edit/update the first post in the thread with the current state of predictions. This would allow people to check in over the weeks/months and see the "news" part of the thread without having to sift through the entire thing.

Oh, I see. I suppose I could make that happen.

Unless DLC has 2 civs: one from Africa and one from SEA. Then we're back to square one and the speculation on DLC 06 with overwhelm us.

I feel like that would be the most interesting thing Firaxis could do, but also the least likely to happen :(

Imagine, next week we get another double civ DLC with one African civ and one SEA civ. Given the vague wording of the original announcement, we would have absolutely no idea what to expect from DLC06 - an extra leader for one of the two civs in DLC 05? An extra leader for any one of the previously released civs? What could come with the alt-leader to bulk it up? More city states and natural wonders? :crazyeye:

What if there was just a general anticipation thread, for anticipating future additions to the game... generally? That way it would NEVER END :lol:

The "Content Anticipation Thread".

More than one out of fifty posts on the General Discussion forum is part of this thread.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom