DLC Modpack Repository

As for me i usually do not take the dll out and it works fine...

Also i wanted to follow up on latest version: i have now idea what was changed (and from the change log and github it seemed like you didn't change a lot) but settlers seem to work fine! Yet i have to try it together with my friend, but at least when i run MP alone - they work
yeah, the same, didn't notice any difference whatsoever when removing and not removing the dll

You are supposed to remove it.
what does it do, the removal of the dll?

My friend and I tried using the modpack in an online multiplayer game, however we ran into a couple problems. First off, the game would return to the leader description page (the one you read idly while the game loads up) every couple of turns, in addition to one time I wasn't able to click the next turn button when he was hosting. Don't know the particulars with that one, but it had said "Next Turn" the entire time rather than, "Waiting for Orders" even though I hadn't moved my warriors. I hope you can help, because I really want to be able to play this mod with my friends!

My friend and I tried using the modpack in an online multiplayer game, however we ran into a couple problems. First off, the game would return to the leader description page (the one you read idly while the game loads up) every couple of turns, in addition to one time I wasn't able to click the next turn button when he was hosting. Don't know the particulars with that one, but it had said "Next Turn" the entire time rather than, "Waiting for Orders" even though I hadn't moved my warriors. I hope you can help, because I really want to be able to play this mod with my friends!
Unfortunately this happens sometimes. Restarting the game helps.

Unfortunately this happens sometimes. Restarting the game helps.
I'd be fine if it was the restart once in a while for (I assume) the next turn bug. However, restarts did not help with my initial and primary issue.

I'd be fine if it was the restart once in a while for (I assume) the next turn bug. However, restarts did not help with my initial and primary issue.

Make sure you installed the modpack correctly, and that the modpack is the same on both machines. If in doubt, disable barbarians and events.

Hi, quick question, with hopefully simple answer since I know you are pretty busy.

I know it's possible to make it so barbarians give more than 30-45 exp, since there is a separate mod for it and this Vox Populi changes the cap from 30 to 45.
My question is: where can I find and tweak this value to make it so my friends and I can play this mod with the extra barbarian exp.

If it's a bother I'm sorry and if you have the time to tell me, thanks in advance. ^-^

Hi, quick question, with hopefully simple answer since I know you are pretty busy.

I know it's possible to make it so barbarians give more than 30-45 exp, since there is a separate mod for it and this Vox Populi changes the cap from 30 to 45.
My question is: where can I find and tweak this value to make it so my friends and I can play this mod with the extra barbarian exp.

If it's a bother I'm sorry and if you have the time to tell me, thanks in advance. ^-^
Check MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes and CoreDefines.sql.

Check MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes and CoreDefines.sql.

Thank you for your reply. Does this change work for you? It didn't when I tested it.

Sorry for not mentioning it here, I asked somewhere else with a clearer question, I have found and changed this one file's barbarian_max_xp value to -1 and then to 9999, testing after each change, but the game exp cap when attacking barbarians remain unchanged at 45.
I have also changed the base game's file value to -1 which works without the modpack. (asset\gameplay\xml\globaldefines, as well as for gods&kings and brave new world)

The modpack includes a GlobalDefines file but is completely empty.

My thought is; it's most likely the modpack has some kind of file that overwrites it's own "CoreDefines.sql" and that's where it gets complicated >_>

Thank you for your reply. Does this change work for you? It didn't when I tested it.

Sorry for not mentioning it here, I asked somewhere else with a clearer question, I have found and changed this one file's barbarian_max_xp value to -1 and then to 9999, testing after each change, but the game exp cap when attacking barbarians remain unchanged at 45.
I have also changed the base game's file value to -1 which works without the modpack. (asset\gameplay\xml\globaldefines, as well as for gods&kings and brave new world)

The modpack includes a GlobalDefines file but is completely empty.

My thought is; it's most likely the modpack has some kind of file that overwrites it's own "CoreDefines.sql" and that's where it gets complicated >_>
Do you use any other mods than VP? In my case, it works well.

Do you use any other mods than VP? In my case, it works well.

No other mods in the assets folder, I've tried verifying game cache before putting the vox mod pack and I've tried with a clean install as well, the only thing I could see is mods in the mods folder, but those should only affect when going through the "play with mods" games.

No other mods in the assets folder, I've tried verifying game cache before putting the vox mod pack and I've tried with a clean install as well, the only thing I could see is mods in the mods folder, but those should only affect when going through the "play with mods" games.
Do you use modpack? Then, I can't offer any advice...

I can't get any pantheon on Deity difficulty, so I can't found a religion even though I win the prophet race...
Btw, EUI's city list displays WLTED as WLTKD.

Attachments

• 20170224131743_1.jpg
    20170224131743_1.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 226
Hi, i'm kinda new to this but i'm trying to figure out how to use the mod in multiplayer with a friend. We both have the 2-15 version without EUI.

Is there a mod pack that is compatible with that?

Is 12-14 the last known working MP modpack?

And I figure I know the answer, but I'll press my luck:
I can't just copy paste the 6 folders from 2/27-1 into this modpack to make it work?

Haven't tried 2/27, but 2-15 works well enough. Use multiplayer mods workaround to make your own modpack

hopefully some great engineer comes along and makes a failsafe modpack. I finally picked up Elliot's 2-15 one by using chrome (in other browsers it strangely wouldn't DL for me.) But when I tried it, after some time, I couldn't get it to work. It kept saying files were missing. I imagine if I can't get a freaking modpack to work that someone else made, that I have little hope of making my own. heh.

But these old ones work. The whole reason I come to this site is to leech modpacks. haha, and while I am in no position to ask, I am waiting w/ bated breath for this thread to be updated. I also had issues with EUI, so I'm a non-eui guy as well.

I am trying to make a modpack out of 2/27-1.
I went through all the necesarry steps as read here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/

The game is working perfectly for me if I start a test game with one AI on local network, hosting. So I was ecstatic.
I send the modpack to my spouse, but if he tries to join a game I host or if he does the same test above he gets a bunch of errors. After clicking ok several times, the game launches, but the mod is not properly launched in his game (in my game it launches fine). He tried it with a different computer, same result.

Anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

He deleted the cache and there are no other mods.

So it works great for me. But when I send it to him he has several errors, making the mod not load properly.

If we get it to work I'll be more than happy to upload.

Here is the link of the modpack I created if anyone wants to help a look and figure this out for us all:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/146uqikbhywpuu1/MP_MODSPACK 27-2-1.rar?dl=0

I went through all the necesarry steps as read here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/

The game is working perfectly for me if I start a test game with one AI on local network, hosting. So I was ecstatic.
I send the modpack to my spouse, but if he tries to join a game I host or if he does the same test above he gets a bunch of errors. After clicking ok several times, the game launches, but the mod is not properly launched in his game (in my game it launches fine). He tried it with a different computer, same result.

So it works great for me. But when I send it to him he has several errors, making the mod not load properly.

Here is the link of the modpack I created if anyone wants to help a look and figure this out for us all:

I'll give it a shot and see what happens if I can get anyone to play with me. haha. Thanks for putting it up. If you don't hear back, I didn't get anyone to play in a timely fashion.

I have found the culprit.
When I let my spouse install VP from Gazebo ( https://mega.nz/#!Xd9hiLqB!jzoyD9XnjCc4gBRIg1TTX16TO3b_sjG0h4JgNRx2-N0 ) and copy CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll from it in the next two locations, it works!
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 88)
(D: depends on what drive you installed civ V on)

So somehow when copying or archiving CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll in a .rar file it fails.

If any higher knowledgeable power here can tell me why and how to avert this, I will be more than happy to upload a full working MP Modpack. Until that happens, people can download the modpack from the link above and use this workaround.

Top Bottom