DLL - Various Mod Components

Er, I know this might sound stupid but when it says "you'll need to manually copy the 43/62 civ DLL over the 34 civ DLL" on the download page what exactly does that mean to do?

Ah, I tried taking out the 34 one and renaming the 62 one to what the 34 one is called, is that right? It seems to let me choose 62 civs, though so far it has just been CTD when I try to start a game. Is that because I don't have 62 civs at the moment, just the 43 base ones? Also if you use less than the number allowed by the particular dll, can you have the rest still be city states? It only seems to allow there to be 1 city state, even when I select less civs than the maximum. Sorry for being a bother.

Max Civs + Max City States + Barbarians = 64

Note that those are MAX, not "actually in use"

Ah thanks. And I tried the 43 version and that works for me, so it must be it doesn't like you trying to have duplicates in the random list.

Ah, is it meant to be that the extra civs do not have leader screens when you talk to them?

It's a known issue - discussed quite a lot in the RED thread(s), which is where the 34/43/62 versions originated from

Ah, OK thanks, just making sure I hadn't screwed up downloading the mod.

After ctrl+f -ing some of this threads pages and not finding anything i would like to submit a possible bug:

When used in conjunction with the Enhanced User Interface all tile yield icons turn into the food icon.

it works fine with the vanilla bnw singleplayer and multiplayer, just playing with this specific .dll mod produces this inconvenience therefore i assume that the .dll handles tile yields differently than the base game

newest game version pulled from steam (civ 5 complete)
newest EUI version pulled from the EUI thread
newest .dll version pulled from the pick'n'mix website

I've already posted this issue in the EUI thread, including screenshots:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13676916&postcount=1478
Any idea what might be causing this? I know EUI is an annoying piece of cr.. hacked as a DLC rather than built as a regular mod, but at the same time it's a beautiful work that truly improves game-play ;)

Any idea what might be causing this?

Two new yields were added - Tourism and Golden Age Points. To support these, and to rationalise how existing yield icons were displayed on plots, new columns were added to the Yields table (ColorString, ImageTexture and ImageOffset) and the YieldIconManager code (both lua and xml files) was rewritten - it's almost certainly a conflict

Edit: Try deleting the two YieldIconManager files from my DLL mod - worst case you won't see Tourism and Golden Age Point yields for plots. If that doesn't fix it, put them back and delete the same files from EUI (assuming they are present)

I've been looking at this more and was about to try this as both mods have a modified yield icon manager but i also noticed a bunch of those lines show in my log
Code:
[30359.328] YieldIconManager: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame\YieldIconManager.lua:59:  Cannot find key - ImageTexture
[30359.328] YieldIconManager: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame\YieldIconManager.lua:61:  Cannot find key - ImageOffset
[30359.328] YieldIconManager: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame\YieldIconManager.lua:59:  Cannot find key - ImageTexture
[30359.328] YieldIconManager: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame\YieldIconManager.lua:61:  Cannot find key - ImageOffset
Only the city view and main map display are affected BTW, tooltips work fine.

EDIT : BTW BC1 included this in his moded YieldIconManager
Code:
-- compatibility with "DLL - Various Mod Components" extra yields
for row in GameInfo.Yields() do
	for k,v in pairs(row) do
		if k == "ImageTexture" then
			g_Textures[row.ID] = v
		elseif k == "ImageOffset" then
			g_OffsetXs[row.ID] = v
		end
	end
end

See post #24 in this thread as to why the YieldIconManager was changed

but i also noticed a bunch of those lines show in my (lua.)log
Code:

Those errors would imply that an SQL file within the DLL mod is failing to execute, so check the database.log file - specifically the DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\DB\API\UnifiedYields.sql file

does your dll modify ai behavior? because i'm using the Artificial Unintelligence (v 9) mod with it and it seems to make the ai really terrible?

I've just downloaded the lite version from here - you may wish to report a bug with it ... there are no OnModActivated->UpdateDatabase entries for any of the xml files in the .modinfo file

Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="68355200-3d27-464e-92d6-8cd767dadb19" version="9">
  <Properties>
    <Name>Artificial Unintelligence Lite</Name>
    <Teaser>Improves Civilization 5's AI (Computer Players). Maximally compatible with all other AI mods.</Teaser>
    <Description>Improves Civilization 5's Artificial Intelligence (Computer Players). Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the Lite version of the mod: it contains XML modifications exclusively, so it is maximally compatible with other mods, especially ones that modify the DLL.

Although the mod is a bit bare-bones, the improved AI is immediately noticeable: on Prince difficulty, it will actually keep up in technology, rarely have prolonged money problems, and can actually win wars decisively against other AIs and city states. There are still quite a few problematic areas however, such as promotion management, voting, city placement, and unit management; these aspects have been addressed or are being addressed in the mod's full version, as XML modifications get you only so far. The result is a much better AI, which, although still not without faults, can put up a much better fight without having to rely on bonuses.

The mod has been designed to work with or without any and all official DLC's and expansions, though you will get the most mileage out of this mod when playing with Brave New World. It should also be compatible with mods that do not alter existing AI strategies (ones that add new strategies via CvGameCoreDLL should be fine, eg. Smart AI and Civ4 Diplomatic Options).

Complete changelog is located in the mod's folder (browse to it via My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Artificial Unintelligence Lite).

Interested in the mod's development and/or source code? You can visit [url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13524964]the mod's CivFanatics thread[/url]; the mod also has [url=https://github.com/DelnarErsike/Civ5-Artifical-Unintelligence]a GitHub page[/url] if you want to work with my source code (or just to have a quick look).</Description>
    <Authors>Delnar_Ersike</Authors>
    <HideSetupGame>0</HideSetupGame>
    <AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
    <SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
    <SupportsMultiplayer>1</SupportsMultiplayer>
    <SupportsHotSeat>1</SupportsHotSeat>
    <SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
    <ReloadAudioSystem>0</ReloadAudioSystem>
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies />
  <References />
  <Blocks />
  <Files>
    <File md5="5D9C9AD3596885044138D53B92BC9B4C" import="0">Changelog.txt</File>
    <File md5="B7F0303F3FBF6893B5AA2F1815FB4F3D" import="0">New_CIV5AICityStrategies.xml</File>
    <File md5="C38E202D65F6B10DA746D2D875C255C0" import="0">New_CIV5AIEconomicStrategies.xml</File>
    <File md5="5CAD6559AC58C591DAF38F14EA159721" import="0">New_CIV5AIGrandStrategies.xml</File>
    <File md5="67C7454FDD2FDA9DE6A0860D89BBE565" import="0">New_CIV5AIMilitaryStrategies.xml</File>
    <File md5="D81BB5FFA29378CF59875C2EE8B5BE8F" import="0">New_CIV5CitySpecializations.xml</File>
    <File md5="71C9AFFF0D0EB8687FC54E87CA3FBF62" import="0">New_CIV5MultiUnitFormations.xml</File>
    <File md5="9A6C3FFC72E82B4A7F4BC1EB7D53151E" import="0">New_CIV5TacticalMoves.xml</File>
    <File md5="27EDDB2DC6CEBC06D1ACD1A370A55BE3" import="0">New_CIV5Units.xml</File>
    <File md5="A1D6B098704088875587FD55EBB834A5" import="0">New_GlobalAIDefines.xml</File>
    <File md5="462AFD06D9B5149897D3A458EF78BE65" import="0">New_GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml</File>
  </Files>
</Mod>

he says since all changes are implemented as SQL updates within the XML files, there is no need to include UpdateDatabase commands in the modinfo file.

he says since all changes are implemented as SQL updates within the XML files

New_CIV5AICityStrategies.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 7/8/2014 11:59:13 PM -->
<GameData>
	<AICityStrategies>
		<Update>
			<Set WeightThreshold="33" />
			<Where Type="AICITYSTRATEGY_WANT_TILE_IMPROVERS" />
		</Update>
	</AICityStrategies>
	<AICityStrategy_Flavor>
		<!-- Old values were all -3, which was slightly too much *just* because a city has a barracks -->
		<Update>
			<Set Flavor="-1" />
			<Where AICityStrategyType="AICITYSTRATEGY_HAVE_TRAINING_FACILITY" FlavorType="FLAVOR_TILE_IMPROVEMENT" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Flavor="-1" />
			<Where AICityStrategyType="AICITYSTRATEGY_HAVE_TRAINING_FACILITY" FlavorType="FLAVOR_EXPANSION" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Flavor="-1" />
			<Where AICityStrategyType="AICITYSTRATEGY_HAVE_TRAINING_FACILITY" FlavorType="FLAVOR_GROWTH" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Flavor="-1" />
			<Where AICityStrategyType="AICITYSTRATEGY_HAVE_TRAINING_FACILITY" FlavorType="FLAVOR_HAPPINESS" />
		</Update>
		<!-- Defense flavor influences more than just unit behavior, it also influences unit types and diplomacy, 
		so the base 25 needed to be increased a bit -->
		<Update>
			<Set Flavor="35" />
			<Where AICityStrategyType="AICITYSTRATEGY_CAPITAL_UNDER_THREAT" FlavorType="FLAVOR_DEFENSE" />
		</Update>
		<!-- Makes sure settlers are more likely to be produced by the capital instead of forcing a smaller city to do the job -->
		<Row>
			<AICityStrategyType>AICITYSTRATEGY_ORIGINAL_CAPITAL</AICityStrategyType>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_EXPANSION</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>5</Flavor>
		</Row>
	</AICityStrategy_Flavor>
</GameData>

That is NOT sql! (and even if it was, the file would still require an OnModActivated-UpdateDatabase for it to be actioned)

there is no need to include UpdateDatabase commands in the modinfo file.
:confused:
If a file is neither VFS=true, UpdateDatebase nor UIAddin it does nothing when the mod loads. As none of the files in the lite version of the mod have any of those, you can delete every single file from the mod and achieve the same effect.

If you start a game with the mod enabled and then use something like SQLiteSpy to look at the .db file you can see that nothing has been changed, eg, AICITYSTRATEGY_WANT_TILE_IMPROVERS.WeightThreshold has the standard value of 40 and not the desired value of 33

Every one of those XML files requires an UpdateDatabase entry.

Top Bottom