DLL - Various Mod Components

I can't make the City Bombard Range mod work.
This is what I have:

Bombardment.lua #Unchanged# (VFS=true)
GlobalCityBombardRange.lua #Unchanged# InGameUIAddin
GlobalCityBombardRange.sql UpdateDatabase:
Spoiler :
Code:
ALTER TABLE Technologies ADD BombardRange INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE Technologies ADD BombardIndirect INTEGER DEFAULT 0;

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'MAX_CITY_ATTACK_RANGE', max(BombardRange) FROM Technologies;
Tech.sql UpdateDatabase:
Spoiler :
Code:
-- Dummy Tech for extra Range --
ALTER TABLE Technologies ADD BombardRange INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE Technologies ADD BombardIndirect INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
INSERT INTO Technologies	(Type,				Cost,		Disabled,	GridX,	GridY,	BombardRange,	Era,		IconAtlas,			ProtraitIndex,	Description) VALUES
							('TECH_WBC_DUMMY',	-1,			1,			-1,		-1,		3,				NULL,		'TECH_ATLAS_1',		0,				'TXT_KEY_TECH_WBC_DUMMY');
UPDATE Technologies SET BombardRange=2, BombardIndirect=1 WHERE Type='TECH_AGRICULTURE';
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Defines(Name, Value) SELECT 'MAX_CITY_ATTACK_RANGE', max(BombardRange) FROM Technologies;

I can't even start to imagine what am I doing wrong, because I tried giving Agriculture a BombardRange of 3 and it didn't work either. :(

Does anyone have a solution for the following question? :

I use whowards "city states gifts" mod in my multiplayer modpack. In multiplayer PopUps does not exist. That's why I want to add an AlertMessage, which says the player what he actually got from the city state.

The Popup works that way:
Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopup.Add(OnPopup)
So when this event is triggered, the function OnPopup is called. It gets all information like gift and number from the arguments it get's by this event. And print the information in the popup.

But the Event "Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopup" is not called in multiplayer. That's why I don't know how to get the needed information. I guess everything else of this mod is done in the dll...
My first intention would be to take a look at the part in the dll who gives out the arguments to this Popup Event. Maybe it gives the arguments also to another event so I can get it from there.
But I have no clue how to look at the dll code and find this part...

Maybe one of you knows how to get the information?

Simply enabling "DLL various mod components" causes the game to crash. I downloaded a lot of Whowards mods and enabling mods that require stuff, and even the stuff they require causes a crash.

The only stuff that I got working are those that don't require anything, like GA Unhappiness, Extra Palace Slot, airships, etc. Aside from the Whoward mods I got working, only InfoAddict, Really Advanced Setup and Machiavelli's Separate GP Counters are enabled. Is there anything conflicting with the mod?

Hi Whoward. If you have a moment, I have some questions about 'HalfMove' tag in 'UnitPromotions_Terrains' and 'UnitPromotions_Features'.

1) I thought it required boolean value and, in fact, it is set to "true" in Terrain Crossing mod.
So why in the 'ALTER TABLE' it is set to INTEGER?

Spoiler :
ALTER TABLE UnitPromotions_Terrains
ADD HalfMove INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE UnitPromotions_Features
ADD HalfMove INTEGER DEFAULT 0;

and what happens if I insert values like '2' or '3'?

2) Just to be sure:
If, for example, I create a promotion with halfmove on forest and I give it to an unit,
am I correct if I assume that it won't have effect on a forest with road? (in other words, the road effect on movement replaces the 'halfmove' promotion effect)

As always, thank you in advance for your time and for your work,
Ulixes

Thank you Nutty, I know that in SQL true/false is 1/0 but I thought that at least in the table creation/modification the definition "boolean" could be used. Good to know.

Cheers, Ulixes

Excuse me again, anyone here know how to make "DLL - Various Mod Components work"? Game crashes when I hit Next with it enabled. It couldn't be because of other mods because the same thing happen even if it's the only thing enabled.

I've been scouring the forums for answers but got nothing.

Excuse me again, anyone here know how to make "DLL - Various Mod Components work"? Game crashes when I hit Next with it enabled. It couldn't be because of other mods because the same thing happen even if it's the only thing enabled.

do you have the latest version of civ, bnw 279 ?
Have you tried to reinstall civ?
Do you play on mac?

If you have latest version, play on pc and reinstall does not work, I have no idea why it does not work =/

... did I miss an announcement about WHoward leaving Civ 5? The Pick N Mix site hasn't had anything new posted in 6 months... :sad:

Edit: 6 months on Friday, I misread my reminder.

Hi, I have a quick question (sry if it has been asked b4),

Is there a way to increase the maximum acquire plot distance? I believe it is currently hardcoded at 5, so is there an option to increase it?

Thanks

Did you ever figure out where that information was? I want to put together a mod that starts at 2 radius and adds 1 for every completed policy tree, which could theoretically end up at 12 (lol)...

Did you ever figure out where that information was? I want to put together a mod that starts at 2 radius and adds 1 for every completed policy tree, which could theoretically end up at 12 (lol)...

why the hell anyone want to increase the working distance to more than 5? Even the borders itself are not able to exapnd more than 5 tiles away from a city , so why you need more than 5 working distance?

@All:
I updated three of whowards mod in my multiplayer modpack:
Unit - Prospector
UI - Destination
UI - Expansion

I think they are much better now. If you want to use them, simply download my modpack and extract them. Or you can click the names from the mods in my thread, because I uploaded them also seperately. Thread see signature.

why the hell anyone want to increase the working distance to more than 5? Even the borders itself are not able to exapnd more than 5 tiles away from a city , so why you need more than 5 working distance?

Because. I think large cities with sprawling size are appropriate and fun. They're also realistic, just ask Los Angeles.

It's fun for me. That's all the reason that should be needed if I'm modding for myself, no?

Because. I think large cities with sprawling size are appropriate and fun. They're also realistic, just ask Los Angeles.

It's fun for me. That's all the reason that should be needed if I'm modding for myself, no?

It was more meant like "cities have no borders more than 5 tiles, so you can't work more tiles you have under your control." Sry ;)

But you are right, you can simply add tiles via setplotowner or simular and then this would be no problem...
Whoward really wrote in the notes from this mod, that 5 is a hardcoded maximum, so I guess there is no chance to change this.

It was more meant like "cities have no borders more than 5 tiles, so you can't work more tiles you have under your control." Sry ;)

But you are right, you can simply add tiles via setplotowner or simular and then this would be no problem...
Whoward really wrote in the notes from this mod, that 5 is a hardcoded maximum, so I guess there is no chance to change this.

My understanding from an earlier posting is that it's possible, but he wasn't supporting it. Now that I've hit the array declarations part of it, I understand why he probably didn't have much interest at all in doing more than the heroic work he did to make it to 5.

That being said, there's an _Increase City Radius 3 to 10_ mod on Steam by _Porthaky_ that takes it to 10. I've never tried it because I despised the thought of abandoning WHoward's DLL, as that mod had it's own version (necessary to do any of this) and all WHoward's fantastic mods, almost all of which I love and use. Only this week, as I discovered the Community Patch, the fact that it uses the basic WHoward DLL, and there were instructions sufficient for me to build my own custom DLL forked from it, and I'm quite happy trying to do it myself. At least, until I hit the need to 2d map a high-scale numbered hex map this afternoon... sigh. While I could steal Porthaky's to 10, I want to (a) take it a little further than that, and (b) get the numbers right, looks like he skipped 3 numbers so about half his are wrong... another sigh :)

Hi all! I have the following question, and I have found no answer yet to it in the forums.

I use this MOD and a scenario with a WorldBuilder map to the standard civilizations (22). The other civs are created "on the fly" with the following code (as proposed by someone somewhen somehow):

Spoiler :

Game.AddPlayer(constFKNEW,GameInfo.Leaders['LEADER_REN'],GameInfo.Civilizations['CIVILIZATION_FIREKING']);

PreGame.SetLeaderName(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Leaders['LEADER_REN'].Description);
PreGame.SetCivilizationDescription(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Civilizations['CIVILIZATION_FIREKING'].Description);
PreGame.SetCivilizationShortDescription(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Civilizations['CIVILIZATION_FIREKING'].ShortDescription)
PreGame.SetCivilizationAdjective(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Civilizations['CIVILIZATION_FIREKING'].Adjective)
PreGame.SetPassword(constFKNEW, "")
PreGame.SetCivilization(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Civilizations['CIVILIZATION_FIREKING'].ID)
PreGame.SetLeaderType(constFKNEW, GameInfo.Leaders['LEADER_REN'].ID)
PreGame.SetTeam(constFKNEW, constFKNEW)
PreGame.SetHandicap(constFKNEW, g_CurrentDifficulty)
PreGame.SetSlotStatus(constFKNEW, PreGame.GetSlotStatus(constFKNEW));
PreGame.SetSlotClaim(constFKNEW, PreGame.GetSlotClaim(constFKNEW));
PreGame.SetPlayerColor(constFKNEW,GameInfo.PlayerColors["PLAYERCOLOR_MONGOL"].ID);
local iX = constiBaradUngolX;
local iY = constiBaradUngolY;
local startingPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX,iY);
Players[ constFKNEW ]:SetStartingPlot( startingPlot );

The code works, the problem is that these players, created "on the fly" seem to ignore the StartingPlot, and get a random starting plot in the map which then "relocates" to the one set by me in the SetStartingPlot line above . Sometimes, they get a random location near an enemy city or unit, and this city or unit can attack from this first random location to the StartingPlot, assigned by me, crossing all the map. CIV thinks they are still close to each other.

Have you experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey all, looking for some help with what I'm sure is my own user error. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with whoward69's Mod Tools utility, but whenever I try and combine mods (all of which are from his site) and click "Save as Mod", it doesn't ever seem to create the mod back in the My Games/..../MODS folder. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

If it helps, the only error I get from his tool is from his DLL - Various Mod Components download:

Verifing 'DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)'
DLL files MUST be called CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll and be in the root of the mod
CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll appears to be unused
--- Issues!

I tried renaming Expansion2 to Expansion1, but that doesn't seem to solve it either.

I have "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)", which says it's for version 1.0.3.276

But my game is 1.0.3.279

Is there a newer version somewhere?

no, nothing newer (maybe except the CP patch, that uses this DLL as base). all mods from whoward are at least one year old.

But they do work without problems with the newest gameversions. Only downwards it may not be compatible.

Top Bottom