1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLL - Various Mod Components

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bladex

bladex Emperor

i don't think i do either now :lol:

2. Delnar_Ersike

Delnar_Ersike Prince

Don't worry bladex, it's fixed now; these things happen with first-time modders, I wouldn't be so hasty to judge. I guess those instances of better AI tech progress and gold handling were all circumstance, despite my best efforts to limit confirmation bias. Too bad I cannot change the BE version of AuI Lite, otherwise I'd fix it there, too.

3. bladex

bladex Emperor

i'll give it a test run later. as for fixing the BE version...i wouldn't bother everyone is abandoning THAT ship :lol:

4. Justifier05

Justifier05 Chieftain

Hello!

I would be appreciated if you guys can help me out with a problem. I am trying to use the "Global - City State Airbases" or alternatively "Improvement - Airbases" mods. However, I could not make either of them work somehow...

First of all, can i install and start using these mods without starting a new game? I would like to use them in my current one and I enabled the mods just before the flight technology is discovered (so pretty late in the game).

Second, I am using Brave New World with the latest version on Steam. Are these mods compatible with this expension pack? "DLL - Various Mod Components" seems to be but I am not sure about the others.

Finally, I am activating latest versions of "DLL - Various Mod Components" and either one of the mods and load my game through mods>single player> saved games. I am not sure if I have to do anything else (modify mod files, adding command lines etc.)...

Thank you very much in advance!

5. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No. If you enable either of these mods and then reload an existing game, the game engine will silently disable them.

6. Dissociat

Dissociat Chieftain

Hey there.

Your page doesn't seem to work for me. Is there any other link to download latest ver?

7. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

I'm using G&K VMC v19 for game version 1.0.3.18 - which I have - but when I go to enable it (after having already disabled BNW), the games says that the mod is incompatible with the current game version, and goes on to say that it's only compatible with versions 1 through 1. :confused:
    Did I screw something up? Is the game just screwy? I don't know...
    EDIT: Nevermind, my game version is actually 1.0.3.279. Any chance that there's a VMC version compatible with that?

8. Nutty

Nutty Deity

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Worse than that, you'd have to port all the code from the "Expansion2" code base into the "Expansion1" code and then compile that. Why Firaxis couldn't have had one code base and used #if defines to compile the three versions is beyond me.

10. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

This is probably a stupid question, but is there some way to just simply remove the latest patch to make it compatible again?
    Or, is the DLL itself incompatible with 1.0.3.279, or is it a quick fix to the .modinfo?

I don't understand DLL modding; all I wanted was the RED events :cry:

11. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

There is no way to remove the patch(es) - they are auto-installed via Steam, you don't get to choose (Firaxis make that decision for you) ... unless of course you kept a full backup of the game from before the auto-patch (sometimes I like to play 1.511 :) )

Some patches changed the DLL interfaces, some didn't - I don't remember the details. The last DLL for G&K was for 1.0.3.18 - 7 patches ago - so it's certainly not compatible with 3.279 - 3.70 or 3.80 may work, but IIRC 3.124/8 caused all kinds of problems (as Firaxis didn't update the SDK for over a month after they patched the game)

12. seamus2010

seamus2010 Chieftain

With the Raze Major Capitals mod, if you raze a city that's a Holy City, the World Religions screen turns blank. Is there a way to fix this?

13. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

Sounds like something that happens in the base game. I wouldn't bet that razing a holy non-capital site doesn't screw anything up.

14. manekk

manekk Chieftain

Hi Whoward

First of all thank you for the amazing job you've done improving Civ 5.
    Personally I cannot imagine playing Civilization now without at least 30 of your mods included. It kinda makes you wonder who works in Firaxis and why so many years after release they still didn't improve that many obvious things themselves (not talking about your game concept changing mods, just the obvious convenience once).
    But lets' leave Firaxis to themselves...

I have a small problem with understanding what exactly some of the mods you have in pick'n'mix collection do, as the explanations often say what, but not how.

The current mod of concern is: AI - Warmonger Adjustments
    http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/1affa841-1513-4e4a-8d5f-de4baa054aa4/mod.html

The explanation says it adjusts the warmonger threat from capturing cities, but it would be good to understand how it's adjusted.

I have seen a separate thread where you discuss some really good ideas regarding warmongering:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533207

Can I assume that all of the points you made are present in your mod?

15. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Yep, it implements that thread with two exceptions

1) No account is taken of the size of the city - so capturing a town of pop 3 is the same penalty as capturing a metropolis of size 30

2) The thoughts about "normalized decay rate" (post #7) are not implemented

16. manekk

manekk Chieftain

Great, I'll start using it right away! Thank you

Another question I have is regarding AI - Smart: http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/b5eac7b1-75ba-4ea0-a8d8-6facd298bf96/mod.html

In a separate thread there were a few bugs reported, and I think the author is not updating the mod any more.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521955
    I assume the version included in your mods is the last version of Ninakoru's mod and you didn't improve it yourself?
    Would you personally recommend it as a mod that has more positives than negatives and actually makes AI less of an idiot?

There is a great mod in progress out there - Artificial Unintelligence (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=536193), the author is basically rewriting the whole AI, but I assume that it's still going to be months before either the author or any other skilled programmer will merge it with your dll. Would you be aware whether anyone already started the process or whether a complete programming noob like me can help?

Thanks in advance!

17. manekk

manekk Chieftain

And just one more quick observation - two download links on your picknmixmods site are not working for me.

Spoiler :
    In both these mods:
    UI - Upgrade Tree - http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/2b785940-9838-4c64-b76c-20e5d6f97024/mod.html
    UI - Notification Options - http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/66743884-90cd-4de4-9ea2-dfbbe608c3d1/mod.html
    when I try to download the latest version, following communicate is displayed:

"You may NOT link directly to the images or mod packages (.civ5mod files) on this site.

Please link to the associated mod page instead."

I can still download the old versions.

EDIT: Everything works today, sorry for false alarm...

18. Erocco

Erocco Chieftain

That would be awesome if WHoward includes the Artificial Unintelligence and future versions of it in his current DLL - Various Mod Components. I am crossing my fingers:).

19. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

Code:
    function ForestTowerRange(iPlayer, iCity) 
    	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
    	local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)
    	if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == eWoodElf then
    		if pCity:IsHasBuilding(eForestTower) then
    			return -3
    		end
    	end
    	return -2
    end
    Is this how you're supposed to use City Bombard Range?

20. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

Download Community Patch. It includes DLL - Various Mod Components and improves AI too.