1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLL - Various Mod Components

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Nov 4, 2012.

1. CCWB

CCWB Chieftain

Units in "DOMAIN_AIR" can stack unlimited.
    So is there any way to make units in other Domains (such as in "DOMAIN_HOVER") stack unlimited?
    I found that if change a unit's Domain from "DOMAIN_AIR" into "DOMAIN_HOVER" (I want to make a unit like an artificial satellite), it's stacking limits is same to the land units'. I want to make them become different. :crazyeye:

2. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

It's already done. GLOBAL_STACKING_RULES.

3. CCWB

CCWB Chieftain

It's base on tiles, not for Domains! :nono:
    I need the "Hover" units to be stacked unlimited but not to break the stacking rules of land & sea units.

4. Tianshu Cong

Tianshu Cong Chieftain

Sorry for bothering you again.
    I found that in dll version 84, the units which have the promotion <HPHealedIfDestoryEnemy/> will not be healed after destroying an enemy.
    (It may due to the command : <HealIfDestoryExcludesBarbarians>true</HealIfDestoryExcludesBarbarians>)
    Thanks for your time and looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Tianshu Cong

5. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

Does DOMAIN_HOVER exist?

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Yes indeed. I think it was only used in the Steampunk scenario, though, for UNIT_AIRSHIP and UNIT_SKY_FORTRESS. I've never played around with how this makes the units act.

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

V85 uploaded to web-site and GitHub

• AI - No Zero Value Trade Items - stops the AI adding zero-value items (eg horses late-game) to trade offers
    • AI - Smart V3 - all Smart AI V3 features. Unlike the previous merge, this is "all or nothing"
    • UI - Diary - minor update to include multiple trade deals with the same civ on a single line (de-clutters all those one horse/iron for two gold deals)
    • UI - Unit List Enhancements - adds a column to indicate which units can be upgraded and for how much. If DLL -VMC is enabled, units can be upgraded by clicking the cost indicator

8. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Not true. They are limited to BASE_CITY_AIR_STACKING(6) units in a city (plus AirModifier(4) with an Airport) and by the capacity of Carriers (base 2 plus promotions)

Not easily (see below)

DOMAIN_HOVER is a hack - it basically doesn't exist. If a unit with that domain is over land, the game core is fooled into thinking it's a DOMAIN_LAND type unit, if it's over water, the game core is tricked into thinking it's a DOMAIN_SEA type unit.

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

They were produced from a combination of Notepad++ macros and global search-and-replace operations, so no
    Search CvLua*.h for LUAAPIEXTN. The first parameter is the method name, the second the return type, any others are the parameters to the method
    ChangeVisibilityCount is fixed

SetHasTech, CalculateImprovementYieldChange, ChangeJONSCulturePerTurnFromReligion, ChangeFaithPerTurnFromReligion and GetOrderFromQueue could be fixed (and I'll add them to the list of things to do)

The others can't, as doing so would break the game core .lua files

10. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Fixed in v86

11. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Oh wow, I didn't expect an update so soon, and it's a very good one!

Does the integration of Smart AI v3 mean that the AI can purchase units (with the purchasableOnly-flag) now?

12. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

If the source code linked from here does, then yes.

I just did the merge, didn't really pay that much attention to what's in there :mischief:

13. Lynnes

Lynnes King

I see! I couldn't find a hint about purchasing units in the thread you just linked, that's why a asked.

@qqqbbb:

How did you verify this behavior in the previous versions and could you do that again with v85 please? :D

14. Tomahawk.nsk

Tomahawk.nsk Chieftain

Thanks for the update, whoward69 ;)

15. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

William, there is a bug with SetFeatureType method. When you use it to place a feature (that does not affect yields) on a hill, the yields will be as if the plot was not a hill. So if you place such a feature on grassland hill, the yields will be +2 food, +0 production. Can this be fixed?
    And I have a little request: do not allow units to pillage improvements that have negative PillageGold value.

AI still does not buy units. How I tested it:
    1. SQL code:
    Code:
    UPDATE Units SET PurchaseOnly = 1;
    UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name IS 'AI_SMART_V3';
    2. Use lua or IGE to give an AI player money to buy units.
    3. Declare war on the AI player and surround its city with your units.

16. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Sounds like an event to me ;)

17. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Sounds more like a misunderstanding than a bug. Yield changes are cumulative, not exclusive. So a feature on a hill by a river gets the yields specified in Feature_YieldChanges AND Feature_RiverYieldChanges AND Feature_HillsYieldChanges, not just one of them (if it was only one, which would get picked - the river or hill yields?)

18. Arlokk

Arlokk Chieftain

Hi for all and specially for Whoward69.

I have a question: The DLL-component include a "Unified Yelds"? I read all table of DLL-features in
    http://www.picknmixmods.com/ and no see any links.
    If it includes in DLL component - This sound GR-R-R-RRRRREAT! If not - thats really sad. :(

19. nametaken

nametaken Chieftain

Just one question about Smart AI 3. Does Smart AI 3 incorporate all the features of the first Smart AI mod or do we need to have both mods activated to get all the Smart AI features?

20. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Unified Yields were originally developed in DLL - VMC, so yes, they are included.

Best place to start is DB\API\UnifiedYields.xml