DLL - Various Mod Components

A really quick answer, Whoward69. 0_o

So "DLL-Varios mod component" is good start point (if it is include Unified Yields part) to make more diverce buldings, traits etc.?
Becouse we can have only one DLL-mod at time, i want make base DLL your "DLL-Varios mod component". It have many desired options, that Sid&Co not included in game(why& - thats a questions).

Just one question about Smart AI 3. Does Smart AI 3 incorporate all the features of the first Smart AI mod or do we need to have both mods activated to get all the Smart AI features?

"AI - Smart V3" is a replacement for the previous "AI - Smart".

You can't enable both as the code for "AI - Smart" has been replaced with that for "AI - Smart V3"

Can't you do it by adding some code to CvUnit::pillage()?

That then hard-codes one specific option (which is what Firaxis would do, but then if you wanted different behaviour you'd be stuck again), while adding a new event, eg UnitCanPillage, means the behaviour is completely under the control of the modder

That then hard-codes one specific option (which is what Firaxis would do, but then if you wanted different behaviour you'd be stuck again), while adding a new event, eg UnitCanPillage, means the behaviour is completely under the control of the modder
Not sure what the Second and Third Laws of William's Laws of CodingTM are, but I know his First Law of Coding is:
Thou Shalt Not Hard-Code!

The second is "Every Mod Is Optional" (ie under the control of the player) :D

William, there is a bug with SetFeatureType method. When you use it to place a feature (that does not affect yields) on a hill, the yields will be as if the plot was not a hill. So if you place such a feature on grassland hill, the yields will be +2 food, +0 production. Can this be fixed?
And I have a little request: do not allow units to pillage improvements that have negative PillageGold value.

AI still does not buy units. How I tested it:
1. SQL code:
Code:
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseOnly = 1;
UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name IS 'AI_SMART_V3';
2. Use lua or IGE to give an AI player money to buy units.
3. Declare war on the AI player and surround its city with your units.

Oh, too bad! :(
Thanks for testing though!

You mean someone may want to use negative PillageGold value for something else? Disabling pillaging looks like most obvious choice for it. And when modders do something fancy they usually don't use vanilla table columns but add their own tables/columns.

You mean someone may want to use negative PillageGold value for something else?

No, I'm saying that there are many cases where you may want to be able to control if a unit can pillage (ie temporarily remove) or not.

Take one possibility - a defensive improvement of a row of sharpened stakes designed to keep horsemen out. You may decide that these can only be pillaged by non-mounted units and tanks.

In this case a cost of -1 won't work. So you now have to "do a Firaxis" and add another column to the table "CantBePillagedByHorseUnits". Or you just hook the event and test for the improvement and the unit requiring horses and if so return false.

One event solves all use-cases.

V86 uploaded to web-site and GitHub

• Spying forgiveness - (part of STFU), if you forgive an AI for spying on you, they won't immediately ask you to forgive them for spying on you!
  • Co-op war lock - If player A agrees to a co-op war in X turns with B against C, and then immediately declares war on C, A can make peace with C before the X turn limit. When B shows up after X turns to start the war, A can agree and, despite having a peace treaty with C, will immediately declare war!
    The simple fix for this is to lock player A into war for at least X turns, if any co-op war agreements include A warring against C
  • Pillage events - UnitCanPillage and UnitPillageGold
  • HPHealedIfDestoryEnemy fixed - see post above
  • Plot validation - Attempting to set a plot value (type, terrain, feature, resource, improvement and route) to an invalid value will be ignored
  • Lua API fixes - fixes for the various bugs in the Lua API (see the spreadsheet)

AI still does not buy units. How I tested it:
1. SQL code:
Code:
UPDATE Units SET PurchaseOnly = 1;
UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name IS 'AI_SMART_V3';
2. Use lua or IGE to give an AI player money to buy units.
3. Declare war on the AI player and surround its city with your units.

Improved city hurry is part of CSD not Smart AI

Thanks for update.
Using UnitCanPillage is better for game performance than CanStartMission, right?
While testing I noticed that UnitCanPillage and CanStartMission fire for units that don't have any movement points.
Can you modify the code so that if UnitPillageGold returns negative value , that value is subtracted from player's gold?

For the Global - No Followup From Cities mod, is there something I can do to have it apply to Feitoria, Chateau and Kasbah as well? It'd be great if that's possible, thanks!

Also, is there supposed to be animation changes to the mod Global - City Bombard Range?
When I used it, the changes to city bombard range work (that's actually the part I didn't want, I just wanted the animation changes), but the animations stay the same as vanilla. (arrows-rocks-missiles)
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

The game ignores EntityEvent column from Builds table for custom improvements. It always uses ENTITY_EVENT_BUILD. Can this be fixed?

Also, is there supposed to be animation changes to the mod Global - City Bombard Range?
When I used it, the changes to city bombard range work but the animations stay the same as vanilla.

The game ignores EntityEvent column from Builds table for custom improvements. It always uses ENTITY_EVENT_BUILD.

Both of these are UI behaviour. We do not have the source code for the UI DLL.

For the Global - No Followup From Cities mod, is there something I can do to have it apply to Feitoria, Chateau and Kasbah as well?

I'll add it to the list of things to do, as a (new) column to the improvements table

If I want to creat a new Civ or make the CSs training or using Units without strategic resources (Units don't cost any resources), what should I do? :crazyeye:

If I want to creat a new Civ or make the CSs training or using Units without strategic resources (Units don't cost any resources), what should I do? :crazyeye:

Post the question in the general C&C forum ;)

There's a bug in your 62 civ dll, when it's my proposal to world congress then I can't open world congress, clicking the make proposal button does nothing. I fixed it by adding in the LeagueOverview.lua and LeagueOverview.xml from YnAEMP though, do you think you could add an official fix?

U mean adding on .modinfo and placing them on folder?
thanx

:goodjob:yep that worked , although author should actually add it on 4 future troubleshooting...:spear:

I played for tens and tens of hours (62 civ version) just to get to the point I should make a proposal to World congress just to stumble upon a bug where world congress windows doesn't open. I went through this thread and found out quite few people are having the same issue. Is there solution? Please, please help!

Can you please be more specific what did you do? You added in those files where?

Can we get a more specific answer for this? I've seen dozens of people ask for a fix to the World Congress not working and they never seem to get an answer.

Alright, i'll try and make a more specific request. It has been said that adding the LeagueOverview.xml and lua files from YnAEMP will fix the World Congess not working bug. What EXACTLY does one have to do to add these two files? Do they have to go in a specific folder, does some directory need to be edited? Just dropping them in there does nothing.

World congress works fine for me - and I play with a lot of my own mods (around 160) but very few others (about 3) - so without many, many more details, the answer is "no"

You're place to start is by removing all other mods, and confirming that the WC still works. Then you can add them back in, one or two at a time, until you can identify which other mod(s) conflict.

Don't forget to remove "pseudo-mods" that install as DLC as well during this process.

What I don't understand about this problem is what "lost4468" and "d0minus" did to LeagueOverview.lua and LeagueOverview.xml to solve the issue. And one of them said:"...although author should actually add it on 4 future troubleshooting". Sadly, author does not even acknowledge the issue.

Sadly, author does not even acknowledge the issue.

Not true ...

whoward69 said:
World congress works fine for me

whoward69 said:
... without many, many more details ...

First Law of Support: If you can't replicate it, you can't fix it.

And as there are insufficient details being supplied for me to replicate it, it is impossible for me to fix it.

Top Bottom